Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SwipeUpSally

I was one month behind her in getting pregnant with my little boy,, so I got a bit 'emotionally involved' with her channel as I would watch her pregnancy updates with Stan etc as I was going through similar things. I commented on virtually every one saying that I didn't know anyone else who was pregnant, and how it felt like I was going through it with a friend as I watched her vids. Never did she reply (though some of her followers did, very sweetly) but I chalked it up to 'busy prgenant mum life'. I kept commenting as Stan was born, sent her a long DM when she was struggling with BFing as I was going though similar... no reply. I was diagnosed with PND and messaged her saying that watching her videos made me feel less alone and that she showed me it was okay to struggle too. Still no reply. Then, she did a review for a Fisher Price bouncer. She talked about how she needed engagement as she was trying to support her family/this was a big brand and a big opportunity for her... I went and bought the friggin bouncer. I did a little photo shoot with my son in it, facebooked her, instagrammed her, tagged both her and FP and said how her review led me to buy the product and... nothing. I did exactly what these influencers want us to do and felt exactly how they want us to feel - I was emotionally invested in her channel, I thought of her as a 'friend', I actively engaged with her platforms and I supported her sponsored content and I got fuck all back. I snapped out of it REAL quick and felt legitemately used. I googled 'Charlotte Louise Taylor fake', found this site and now have become one of the 'haters' these youtubers take so much glee in calling out.

I'm embarrassed now how invested in her I became, I blame a cocktail of pregnancy hormones, PND and loneliness, because now I can't help but feel stupid that I thought I was a 'friend' and pathetic for being so hurt for being ignored. But that's the kind of power youtubers can potentially have over people, especially if their audience is young, new mothers (who are usually so desperate for human connection they'd try to make friends with the bread bin if it talked back...). To paraphrase Batman, with great viewcounts comes greater responsibility.

tl;dr she didn't reply to me and it made me feel bad.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

Queenie

VIP Member
New thread suggestion -
Charl Taylor #2 Bursting into Song, Flirting in her Thong, Instas way too Long, It’s 50 shades of Wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

gypsymoth

VIP Member
I emailed her to see if I could get her involved with a STICKLER SYNDROME fundraiser I was doing as it was my chosen charity when I ran London marathon last year.....sticklers being both hers and Daisy’s syndrome...... not a word back!!! Silence

So rude and ungrateful..... I went on to raise the amount and more, but some support from her could have tripled the money AND raised so much more awareness

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19

snickerdoodle

VIP Member
Did you guys know she's on a long weekend away with Mr. Goregous???
I’m calling it now: The vlog will consist of:

• Wistful stares out of the car window (filming herself)
  • a few shots of the road on the way there
  • selfie footage of how excited she is but she’ll miss the kids
  • selfie footage of her putting makeup on
  • forcing Mark to say something on camera, cue him looking like he’d rather shit in his hands and clap
  • scenery footage, with the occasional selfie shot of her giving mark a kiss and then smiling at the camera
  • saying the words ‘my mum and dad were kind enough to...’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Frensham90

I once got a reply from her on a Dm on insta. Don’t want to go into too much detail as it’s quite a personal situation and I also don’t want to be outed. Anyway, I messaged her asking for advice about a certain life struggle she was currently facing which I knew I would soon be facing too. I received a very blunt reply from her basically saying I’d be fine and her situation was much worse than anything I’d be going through. No reassurance, no advice, no actual reply to my message. Not very helpful all.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Hi everyone. I was made aware of this thread. I didn’t know this site existed until today. That’s probably for the best. But I just wanted to say - genuinely - the Matalan post really wasn’t paid for. It matters to me to defend this (over the way I look, and anything else, which has been painful to read) because I do work really hard when it comes to doing things above board. I don’t like the idea of fooling anyone because it just isn’t right. I’d be happy even for you to contact ASA. Because I haven’t been paid in any way. I bought via PayPal and didn’t show anything in case I got hacked because I worry about things like that. If it helps any - gifted items are usually sent to you specifically as a brand will have something in mind. And that’s all I want to clear up. I just bought a dress. I don’t like my body a lot at the moment (probably the wine and all that) but it made me feel good. That was all. I set my camera up. Did a pose. All that stupid stuff. Doing all of this is as murky from my perspective as it is yours. I never planned to do this. But it happened and it has brought many positives my way. But some bad too. I get upset and I cry. Because this is a job. But the personal parts about my looks or personality, or being accused of things that aren’t true, cut deep. Because no one wants to read things like that about themselves. Anyway, I won’t be coming back here because I don’t want to fight with anyone. But I do care about clearing my name in terms of whether I do things above board or not. Take care. P.S. Thanks to those of you who were more forgiving about the comments about my looks.

Reactions: 16

saywhaaat

The reason you’ve received so many comments is there is nothing more annoying than a person without children being so unrealistic and judgemental in how others parent and even worse how behind other children are compared to the ‘average child’.

I do pity you and your future children when they don’t conform to these very high standards you have set for them hitting these milestones. Good luck with your textbook children.

Reactions: 15

Hazology

Chatty Member
I can’t wait to read her post later saying how much shes looking forward to the weekend, maybe just maybe about how her and Mark getting a takeaway and how they are going to enjoy a glass of wine, god im so giddy. Its going to be lovely. I hope you are all having a lovely Friday, i really do! X x x x

• Haha
Reactions: 13

snickerdoodle

VIP Member
One person commented on her unflattering dress, and she posts on insta hoping for all the sheep to run along telling her how wonderful she is ?
Yet another example of how she’s not made for social media.
Also, funny how she can never reply to nice messages to her followers yet the second she ‘GASP’ gets a negative comment, she jumps on it. Typical influencer.

Hazology

Chatty Member
Lmao she lives like shes in a fairytale its hilarious. Mark must roll his eyes and think “just shut the fuck up and cook my korma paste dinners” ????

• Haha
M

Member 4797

The problem I'm finding now, not just with Charlotte but others, is that whenever I see a post that mentions a new item (today's post mentioning a pancake pan from John Lewis) I automatically look around for the #ad tag, because I want to know whether I am being sold to or not. In this case it looks like she's just bought it herself, but the fact I felt the need to look says something...I have a feeling this method of advertising won't last long for the brands who use it.

Reactions: 12

daisiemae

well I know they’re supposed to be completely off the bottle by twelve months old ,
I know this Because my sister started transitioning her son at around 6/7 months old as recommended by her health visitor, and also her Doctor they said that her son should be completely weaned off the bottle by age one, and to start transitioning before that to get him used to it ?‍♀
My nephew is off the bottle now just at night to settle , and I think that’s okay
I just looked on the nhs website mainly as I thought why would they give my sister bad advice it’s says
Introduce your baby to drinking from a cup or beaker from around 6 months and offer sips of water with meals.
Using an open cup or a free-flow cup without a valve will help your baby learn to sip and is better for your baby’s teeth.
It might be messy at first but be patient, your baby will gradually learn how to drink from an open cup.
Once your baby is 1 year old, feeding from a bottle should be discouraged.

Clearly they are not just gonna transition at one you need to start early putting breast or formula in the cup for them to get used to it
the sugar in formula milk can cause tooth decay as baby teeth have soft enamel
That’s what we were advised anyways but I’m no expert
Ps it wasn’t so much the bottle to be fair it was more that Charlotte was feeding him like a newborn surely ya stans age he could hold a bottle or not ?
When you are a parent there is so many things that we should be doing as per NHS advice. Bottles gone by 1, no dummy, only eat fresh fruit, vegetables, organic meat, no screens, no tv... the list goes on. If you try and follow this to the letter you would drive yourself insane. As a parent you have to adjust and adapt so that your family all work together harmoniously and if that means giving a bottle past the age of 1, there is much, much worse things! One day when you have children you will realise how narrow minded your views are.

Ladyhearmetonight

Nope wrong again subsequent children are usually quicker as they copy their siblings and want to play with them and follow them they have someone to lead the way , unlike the first that has nobody to imitate , my mum is a paediatrician actually, so yes timing is very important that’s why they always ask if there is a later problem , at what age did they walk , talk etc etc as missing milestones often leads to more issues like a possible speech delay .
So yeh I clearly know more than you take a seat
I'm sitting beside a paediatric surgeon who thinks you are talking complete shite. You cannot make any diagnosis without (a) taking a medical history and (b) examining a patient. Development is multi-factorial and there is no such thing as "the average child". There are some general guidelines that you can apply when deciding to investigate further but they must not be applied as definitive.

Ps - our third and last child didn't walk until she was 22 months. Don't bother "diagnosing" her - she's just lazy. Or maybe it was all the beans and toast her father fed her!

SwipeUpSally

100% agree. She is just existing and this shines through in her videos. I’m not sure why she has lost her sense of personality & identity but the quality of her content has dramatically reduced!!
Personally, I don't have an issue with women (or men really) who choose to have a home-based life. The joy of feminism is that women get to CHOOSE what kind of life they have, for some women that means going out to work, but for others it means taking care of the home. That's cool, hooray for choice, as long as it's what you actually want - and Charlotte does genuinely seems to find joy and satisfaction in 'having a tidy up' and cooking and staying home with her kiddos. My issue is that it's not very interesting!! I have mates who choose to be SAHM, who love having a tidy house, who love cooking, who like to revolve most of their day around their home and kids... but they don't put their lives on youtube, because whotf cares about whether you hang your washing on the line or put it in the dryer. She has a (what seems to be) simple, quiet life that (seems to) make her happy... but she's committed herself to broadcasting that life to thousands of people, and that's where the problems come in. She's either showing her life as it really is, which for the average viewer is pretty dull, or forcing herself to 'create content' which comes off as disengenuous.

If she didn't have this costly renovation coming up, I honestly think it would be a good time for her to take a couple of months break from youtube and reevaluate as to whether this was actually what she wanted to do with her life. I think her lack of engagement with subscribers shows that her heart isn;t really in it. She's lucked out that she's got enough of a following to make this a full time gig, but she just doesn't seem to enjoy it. Truly I believe it would do her the world of good to seriously scale back her youtube (keep instagram if whe wants, but whatever) to like... one vid a week, and then go and get an actual part time job in an office, with real adult people, away from her house. She talks about how she really liked her job before youtube (publishing? writing? something along those lines) and I think it'd be great for her to go back to that a couple of days a week.

snickerdoodle

VIP Member
I don’t feel like her and Mark do have good communication, because I get the impression he kinda just goes along with whatever fantasy she’s living. She always says ‘me and Mark are getting a takeaway and watching * tonight’ and it’s always some god awful musical or chick flick. No wonder the poor bloke spends the rest of his time on FIFA or at football!

It’s funny how I’ve ended up quite active on this thread, because I used to really like her and she was actually one of my faves. It’s funny how the longer you watch the more you see through the bullshit and the fact she’s essentially a salesperson, and her vlogs are no longer enjoyable because I can predict all the foot shots, the kitchen shots (I’m so sick of seeing her do EVERYTHING in the house. Mark - pull your bloody weight!)