Charlotte Louise Taylor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh - that's a bit mean. I see that people seem to be catching onto the fact that her last post was clearly an unmarked #ad though

Reactions: 2
I don't care about her appearance.

But that rant where she says "I'm a very nice person" while so angry is crazy. She hasn't proved anything, Matalan would have given her a voucher to spend anyway so her recept proves nothing.

I can’t believe she has “good egg” in her profile description ?
When I was still following her she was on stories several times crying over a mean comment. How these people ever coped in non internet jobs I have no idea, you can’t go crying over every little comment.

Reactions: 4
I honestly can’t stand her & her gushing, cringy, cheesy instagram posts. They’re full of cliches & about how gorgeous her man is - wow, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder!
She loves to remind everyone that she’s a “journalist” yet her blog is so badly written with plenty of typos.
And her vlogs with her filming herself “sleeping”, “singing while looking longingly into the distance”, “grabbing Mark to snog him when he looks like that’s the last thing he wants”.
Then her tears over her eldest son staying with his dad at times, even though he mainly stays with her. All so fake imo.
She plays the sympathy card every chance she gets.
And as this is a gossipy site I want to be bitchy & say I really don’t want to know she wears thongs to cover her arse the size of Texas!

I don't want to get into commenting about how people look. But I find the crying instastories highly manipulative. This is a job in a now regulated profession. It is perfectly normal for people to ask questions of any professionals - particularly about the regulated activities they carry out. If you join channel mum and align yourself with people who do not follow the rules, it creates a reasonable suspicion about your application of them. The person who "spoiled" the whole Matalan dress experience was MrsMeldruk so be pissed off and upset with her.

Charlotte was on instastories 30 minutes before stating that she was highly professional etc etc. Crying when people ask reasonable questions, is not professional. Crying on instastories is not only unprofessional but manipulative.

Another thing that drives me mad is her use of the non-words “er” & “erm” - literally every other word! She’s not very articulate at all. I unsubscribed a long time ago. I think a lot of CM vloggers let it all go to their heads & actually think they’re important or worse, “gurus”!

Reactions: 1
While I find her bloody annoying, I still don't dislike her in the same way I dislike a lot of other YouTubers. Do I think she's a nice person? Yeah, she probably is. Is her heart in the right place? Yeah, probably. But at the end of the day, she still sells her children online as part of her job. And she still posts those ridiculous OTT cheesy captions for every. bleeping. photo.

Reactions: 6
Yeah no need to even talk about her looks.

But it's weird to get so defensive over someone just asking if it's an ad, especially as all the channel mums are currently advertising matalan so it's a very valid question.

Showing a recept with a bit cut off doesn't prove that she didn't pay for it with vouchers gifted from matalan. That's usually how they pay for small infuencers.

Hi everyone. I was made aware of this thread. I didn’t know this site existed until today. That’s probably for the best. But I just wanted to say - genuinely - the Matalan post really wasn’t paid for. It matters to me to defend this (over the way I look, and anything else, which has been painful to read) because I do work really hard when it comes to doing things above board. I don’t like the idea of fooling anyone because it just isn’t right. I’d be happy even for you to contact ASA. Because I haven’t been paid in any way. I bought via PayPal and didn’t show anything in case I got hacked because I worry about things like that. If it helps any - gifted items are usually sent to you specifically as a brand will have something in mind. And that’s all I want to clear up. I just bought a dress. I don’t like my body a lot at the moment (probably the wine and all that) but it made me feel good. That was all. I set my camera up. Did a pose. All that stupid stuff. Doing all of this is as murky from my perspective as it is yours. I never planned to do this. But it happened and it has brought many positives my way. But some bad too. I get upset and I cry. Because this is a job. But the personal parts about my looks or personality, or being accused of things that aren’t true, cut deep. Because no one wants to read things like that about themselves. Anyway, I won’t be coming back here because I don’t want to fight with anyone. But I do care about clearing my name in terms of whether I do things above board or not. Take care. P.S. Thanks to those of you who were more forgiving about the comments about my looks.

Reactions: 16
I think the questioning is due to other influencers not properly disclosing and that makes people suspicious of everyone.
Also we are aware that gift cards are sent out to influencers to use for hauls and not declared often.
For the people who are actually professional it must be incredibly frustrating to be questioned, this whole area has to be based on trust between the influencers and their audience.
note that discussing people’s looks was shot down quickly as not for discussion.
We have all been viewers and for one reason or another have found ourselves here as an outlet for things not able to be discussed on YouTube or Instagram etc, it’s not all haters and dismissing any criticism as jealousy is as frustrating for us as the questioning about transparency is for influencers.

Im new here but I’ve been lurking on the meldrum thread all weekend as I don’t agree with the DLP incident.
Comments at the top of this particular thread are outright nasty though.
Will not be back

Hi everyone. I was made aware of this thread. I didn’t know this site existed until today. That’s probably for the best. But I just wanted to say - genuinely - the Matalan post really wasn’t paid for. It matters to me to defend this (over the way I look, and anything else, which has been painful to read) because I do work really hard when it comes to doing things above board. I don’t like the idea of fooling anyone because it just isn’t right. I’d be happy even for you to contact ASA. Because I haven’t been paid in any way. I bought via PayPal and didn’t show anything in case I got hacked because I worry about things like that. If it helps any - gifted items are usually sent to you specifically as a brand will have something in mind. And that’s all I want to clear up. I just bought a dress. I don’t like my body a lot at the moment (probably the wine and all that) but it made me feel good. That was all. I set my camera up. Did a pose. All that stupid stuff. Doing all of this is as murky from my perspective as it is yours. I never planned to do this. But it happened and it has brought many positives my way. But some bad too. I get upset and I cry. Because this is a job. But the personal parts about my looks or personality, or being accused of things that aren’t true, cut deep. Because no one wants to read things like that about themselves. Anyway, I won’t be coming back here because I don’t want to fight with anyone. But I do care about clearing my name in terms of whether I do things above board or not. Take care. P.S. Thanks to those of you who were more forgiving about the comments about my looks.
Sorry, but this, imo, is just another “poor me” response. How many faces do you have? You were DEMANDING someone apologise to you today on insta & now you’re being sickly sweet when you realise some people don’t pander to you & say how wonderful you are. etc.
I really don’t care if you paid for the dress or not, this thread was started for your social media persona. Your passive aggressiveness doesn’t wash with me...

Im new here but I’ve been lurking on the meldrum thread all weekend as I don’t agree with the DLP incident.
Comments at the top of this particular thread are outright nasty though.
Will not be back
This is a “gossip” thread. I suggest you go to the “rave” section.

Any comments about looks are just not acceptable or fair

Channel Mum should be providing clear legally based guidance to vloggers which they obviously aren't. The issue then arises of the vlogger being the named person with their head above the parapet whilst very little risk attaches to channel mum. Coupled with the fact that MrsMeldrum has really acted very unethically and dishonestly which had damaged the channel mum brand and cast suspicion on other vloggers. It's a PR disaster - not helped by an echo chamber of fans mostly populated by the hard of thinking who seem to think there is no obligation to comply with any kind of legislation or regulation - which will cut zero ice with the ASA.

The vloggers who will do best are the ones who really do act professionally by ensuring that they understand their obligations inside out and comply with them, who refuse to align themselves with other vloggers or organisations who don't or who generally act unethically, can have grown up conversations about these matters and encourage their followers to and can show genuine insight when they make mistakes.

At the moment, I genuinely don't know of any accounts that fit those criteria

Have you actually read the threads on here?? This is where we can write what we want without being censored (while not breakung any laws) or agreeing with “influencer’s” fans! I suggest you do some reading on here & get with the programme. It’s called “free speech”.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.