Charlotte Louise Taylor #5 as greedy as she is needy, SO lovely, yes indeedy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They won’t be told though. Someone called her up on it once in video comments and her reply didn’t answer the question at all. She just rambled on and tried so hard to be sickly sweet but of course came across passive aggressive. I wonder if someone asked that question directly (‘have you considered the safeguarding issues related to publicly sharing personal information about your children, including address, days of clubs etc. Have you considered their right to privacy at all?’) what she’d say in response. Guarantee it would be deleted and never mentioned.

Reactions: 3
Ok I’ve been having a think about our charl and her ott meals-does she sacrifice time with her kids to cook these extravagant meals? It makes me feel bad because by the time I get to dinner time I’m so exhausted from either work or just mum life, but then I spend most of my time with my kids actually interacting with them. She’s a stay at home mum, with at least one day where all her kids are in some form of childcare (and no char I’m not counting it as a working day, you’re a fecking glamourised stay at home mum with a hobby) And when she does have her kids she never really interacts with them if you know what I mean?! I know she says you only see a snippet of my day but, come on, I’m pretty sure it would be all over the gram if she was playing with them. I guess what I’m trying to say is yes she provides her family with these decadent meals and ‘treats’ for the kids but she’s sacrificing actual time with her kids for it, and she doesn’t have to work!

Reactions: 4
I'm going to defend her on the meal thing. I cook similar meals to Charlotte, every day too. I don't think my kids suffer (and they are teenagers now, so you'd think I'd know if it had!). I don't regard them as 'extravagant meals', they are just meals to us, I like cooking and my family likes eating. I work full time (a real job, out of the home!) and have plenty of time to do the shopping, prep and cooking. We all find the time to do the things we enjoy, be that the gym, crafting, sport, or faffing around on the internet!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm going to defend her on the meal thing. I cook similar meals to Charlotte, every day too. I don't think my kids suffer (and they are teenagers now, so you'd think I'd know if it had!). I don't regard them as 'extravagant meals', they are just meals to us, I like cooking and my family likes eating. I work full time (a real job, out of the home!) and have plenty of time to do the shopping, prep and cooking. We all find the time to do the things we enjoy, be that the gym, crafting, sport, or faffing around on the internet!
I think she actually preps a lot of it earlier on in the day, which is what I used to do when I was a sahm and organised 😂
Some of her meals look like a lot of time and effort to cook, but I think most of them to be fair don't take as long as you'd think iykwim.

Edit* sorry just realised I quoted elllabella instead of Queenie 😂

Yea that’s totally fair enough, maybe I didn’t get my point across well enough reading back-I’ve often felt bad looking at chars insta and YouTube that I don’t provide my family with meals like she does every day of the week, both my kids are young and me and my partner work full time, so when we get to mealtimes we often are exhausted. I guess I was just trying to make myself feel better, that’s the downside of social media

Yea that’s totally fair enough, maybe I didn’t get my point across well enough reading back-I’ve often felt bad looking at chars insta and YouTube that I don’t provide my family with meals like she does every day of the week, both my kids are young and me and my partner work full time, so when we get to mealtimes we often are exhausted. I guess I was just trying to make myself feel better, that’s the downside of social media
Don't feel bad, I'm sure you're doing brilliant for your family! And you actually have a real job, it's bloody hard work having a real job and coming home and sorting kids/dinner/husband's etc. This is why influencers are just not relatable at all when they get over a certain amount of followers and earning a certain amount of money. They lose their grasp on real life xx

Don't feel bad, am sure your kids are thriving and happy on whatever you cook for them. My nephew eats chicken nuggets and chips at least 5 days a week and he's still alive! I only do it as I love it, couldn't be arsed otherwise (hence why I never go to the gym).

Don't feel bad, am sure your kids are thriving and happy on whatever you cook for them. My nephew eats chicken nuggets and chips at least 5 days a week and he's still alive! I only do it as I love it, couldn't be arsed otherwise (hence why I never go to the gym).
Yes, please don’t feel bad about that... cooking is definitely one of those things you either enjoy or don’t. If you enjoy it, it doesn’t feel like a chore even at the end of a working day. I know a lot of people do it to unwind, even. Cooking with a glass of wine kinda thing.

Charl’s also very lucky her kids will eat whatever she puts in front of them - they’re obviously foodies like her. My kids are painfully fussy (despite me offering all types of food from an early age) and just wouldn’t eat 90% of the meals she cooks. I just make sure they have a daily vitamin! They’ll get less fussy as they grow, I don’t allow myself to stress about it any more.

Cooking and food is her ‘thing’ it would seem. It’s not for everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I love cooking meals if I have time.
I hate trying to get my kids to eat said lovely home cooked meals as they so fussy 1 likes something the other doesn't.
Least once/twice a week it's frozen pizza/ nuggets/fish and chips and occasional takeaway.
I try batch cook and freeze.
I use my slow cooker a lot these days as it's in by 2pm on high and ready at 6.

I quite like her meal ideas. She seems to be a good cook and at least the kids get a break from a camera in their face. Has anyone else noticed that her friend Kayleigh is a food 'instagrammer' too. Have to wonder if it's a real friendship or if it's another fake insta friendship for follows. Poor girl really doesn't seem to have any friends. Bet Suzanne will come out the closet as an influencer next!

Reactions: 1
I think it depend on your kids. If you’ve got a baby/small child whose easily amused, or 3 kids who all amuse each other it will be more do-able. My son was hard work as a baby and would just cry if I put him down. I could barely cook my own lunch let alone dinner for the evening!

I quite like her meal ideas. She seems to be a good cook and at least the kids get a break from a camera in their face. Has anyone else noticed that her friend Kayleigh is a food 'instagrammer' too. Have to wonder if it's a real friendship or if it's another fake insta friendship for follows. Poor girl really doesn't seem to have any friends. Bet Suzanne will come out the closet as an influencer next!
I think she has said before that they went to school together - could be wrong though.

Nice little passive aggressive (as always) comment left on Rebecca Meldrum’s insta post.

View attachment 74162
Char loves that Susie and Sally saying. She's always using it.
I see Daisy had a doctors appointment today and, surprise surprise, Charlotte has made her wear her glasses. I swear that's the only time that child wears them.

Reactions: 12
Char loves that Susie and Sally saying. She's always using it.
I see Daisy had a doctors appointment today and, surprise surprise, Charlotte has made her wear her glasses. I swear that's the only time that child wears them.
Yep! Charlotte never wears hers now either. Not exactly setting a good example considering their syndrome can lead to blindness. You’d think she’d take their eyesight a bit more seriously.

Reactions: 6
I've said before about charls, despite her great cooking skills and her sickly sweet voice, I dont actually think she is a supermum like she tries to put across.

It is very, very rare that she seems to do anything for the kids which doesn't have an underlying reason of something for herself. So a trip to the coffee shop - because charl needs a coffee and a cake, walk to waitrose- because charl needs some ingredient for tapas night....you very seldom see her go out for a day out, unless it's an ad of course. Even her bonfire night is because it reminds old charl of her own childhood.

I remember once her saying she was going on a picnic, but it was only because she was filming a snack ad.

I think alot of the time the kids are following whatever charl wants to do to be honest.

Reactions: 14
I've said before about charls, despite her great cooking skills and her sickly sweet voice, I dont actually think she is a supermum like she tries to put across.

It is very, very rare that she seems to do anything for the kids which doesn't have an underlying reason of something for herself. So a trip to the coffee shop - because charl needs a coffee and a cake, walk to waitrose- because charl needs some ingredient for tapas night....you very seldom see her go out for a day out, unless it's an ad of course. Even her bonfire night is because it reminds old charl of her own childhood.

I remember once her saying she was going on a picnic, but it was only because she was filming a snack ad.

I think alot of the time the kids are following whatever charl wants to do to be honest.

You have hit the nail on the head here!! Very very rarely is it a child led activity. This whole "treating them to a costa" is bonkers, that's not a treat to anyone under 25. Kids want to explore, get messy or make things and if her kids dont, then it's because shes moulded them to be mini adults who will sit quietly at a table whilst she stuffs her face with coffee and cake!

Reactions: 8

100% this is exactly the case.

I’m calling it. From tomorrow onwards Charls “going away weekend” bingo will start. She’ll be finishing off her deadlines because she wants to just focus on her and sharky at the weekend... she’ll be stocking the cupboards (yet again) as she’s so so grateful to her lovely parents for looking after the children for them... she’ll show us a bottle of wine she’s bought in for her mum and dad because “they deserve a little treat too” and she wants to make them feel special... 😴

My ears can hardly wait for Monday’s vlog when she will inevitably recreate songs from the musical whilst looking wistfully out the kitchen window with a brew in hand that she’ll have made just as they got back. My eyes can hardly wait for shots of Shark looking bored AF wandering the streets of London, forced into hand holding and seeing some drab musical. Guaranteed he’ll be streaming the footie on his phone in the theatre.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m calling it. From tomorrow onwards Charls “going away weekend” bingo will start. She’ll be finishing off her deadlines because she wants to just focus on her and sharky at the weekend... she’ll be stocking the cupboards (yet again) as she’s so so grateful to her lovely parents for looking after the children for them... she’ll show us a bottle of wine she’s bought in for her mum and dad because “they deserve a little treat too” and she wants to make them feel special... 😴

My ears can hardly wait for Monday’s vlog when she will inevitably recreate songs from the musical whilst looking wistfully out the kitchen window with a brew in hand that she’ll have made just as they got back. My eyes can hardly wait for shots of Shark looking bored AF wandering the streets of London, forced into hand holding and seeing some drab musical. Guaranteed he’ll be streaming the footie on his phone in the theatre.
Don’t forget the money she will leave them for a takeaway ;)

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.