Charlotte Louise Taylor #3 Marriage is a no, plastic’s gotta go, nothing really matters when your toes are on show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with the other poster , school holidays are sooo expensive I took my two nephews to see toy story 4, we went to a buffet to eat , I thought it would be a safe option , as they could choose their own, plus drinks and snacks at the cinema it was over a hundred pounds in the end 😳
Plus my sister just bought new school shoes and is taking them out and she hasn’t even started on uniform yet, she has bags a new lunch bag and stationery for the eldest it’s never ending ,
How can this girl be buying fifteen pound lip glosses and the like , plus be redecorating plus paying nursery fees on top, she must be rolling in it ,
Most parents I know are trying to afford a trip to a soft play and buy back to school bits right now 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 14
NONE of the bloody ‘lovely and relatable’ insta/YT Mums are relatable in any way. I’m sure it must contribute to mental health problems in that we see their perfect lives, perfectly behaved children, #gifted holidays (arrrrgh makes me SICK), piles of shopping hauls and wish we could manage it all. When are they going to be called up on it other than by us lot. YOU’RE ALL MAKING A LIVING MAKING OTHER PEOPLE FEEL LIKE tit AND EXPLOITING YOUR CHILDREN.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
NONE of the bloody ‘lovely and relatable’ insta/YT Mums are relatable in any way. I’m sure it must contribute to mental health problems in that we see their perfect lives, perfectly behaved children, #gifted holidays (arrrrgh makes me SICK), piles of shopping hauls and wish we could manage it all. When are they going to be called up on it other than by us lot. YOU’RE ALL MAKING A LIVING MAKING OTHER PEOPLE FEEL LIKE tit AND EXPLOITING YOUR CHILDREN.
Agreed
And she ended by mentioning working mums with “I’ve been there” yeh sure thing hunny buns , you’re not even working outside of your home and you’ve got your kids in a private nursery , you worked with one little boy try working with your three and then talk 🙄🙄🙄
Stop trying to be relatable you are not !!!

Reactions: 9
I can’t relate to these women with so much disposable income. I can’t afford to do a kids clothing haul, buy a £30 cardigan, £15 lipgloss, decorate 2 rooms and whatever the duck else she gets up to all in one month.
I can’t fault her for this. I am sure my husband and I make more than she does and we live a nice life. I don’t think she is in the realm of the Saccone-Joly family yet of ‘unrelateableness’. I don’t usually waste my money the way she wastes hers, but I can’t be mad at her for buying lipgloss and a sweater.

Reactions: 9
I can’t fault her for this. I am sure my husband and I make more than she does and we live a nice life. I don’t think she is in the realm of the Saccone-Joly family yet of ‘unrelateableness’. I don’t usually waste my money the way she wastes hers, but I can’t be mad at her for buying lipgloss and a sweater.

It’s not just lipgloss she has just renovated two rooms , she pays private nursery for two kids when she is home all day ,
I earn an extremely good wage but I’m not putting myself online trying to be relatable to other mothers , of whom some may be single unemployed, off sick or in a whole host of other situations ,
She has zero relatability to most mothers , and is portraying an unrealistic lifestyle to a lot especially young mothers that are more likely to fall for the bs , for all we know Charlotte and mark could be arguing all day this picture perfect crap is just that crap 💩
Many people have very high mortgages !!

Reactions: 7
It’s not just lipgloss she has just renovated two rooms , she pays private nursery for two kids when she is home all day ,
I earn an extremely good wage but I’m not putting myself online trying to be relatable to other mothers , of whom some may be single unemployed, off sick or in a whole host of other situations ,
She has zero relatability to most mothers , and is portraying an unrealistic lifestyle to a lot especially young mothers that are more likely to fall for the bs , for all we know Charlotte and mark could be arguing all day this picture perfect crap is just that crap [emoji90]
Again I don’t find that unreasonable. Because she has the means to do those things and others can’t doesn’t mean she can’t show it on her channel. It’s on brand for her. Also I think they have an affordable mortgage hence renovating instead of moving. I am not Charl diehard fan but I hate this argument saying those who have shouldn’t say anything for fear of hurting others. We know she does nice things for others in her own way. I have no idea what private nursery costs for her but with 2 working adults we can afford it in the Seattle area along with the mortgage, cars, etc. just because it’s relatable to me doesn’t mean it has to be relatable to you. But it is her brand. Buying some cheap furniture for her kids room isn’t a sin and neither is redoing a room for them.

Reactions: 13
Again I don’t find that unreasonable. Because she has the means to do those things and others can’t doesn’t mean she can’t show it on her channel. It’s on brand for her. Also I think they have an affordable mortgage hence renovating instead of moving. I am not Charl diehard fan but I hate this argument saying those who have shouldn’t say anything for fear of hurting others. We know she does nice things for others in her own way. I have no idea what private nursery costs for her but with 2 working adults we can afford it in the Seattle area along with the mortgage, cars, etc. just because it’s relatable to me doesn’t mean it has to be relatable to you. But it is her brand. Buying some cheap furniture for her kids room isn’t a sin and neither is redoing a room for them.

Childcare is a lot more expensive in the UK. It’ll be £100 a day for both of them. She lives in quite an affluent area too so not surprised she’s renovating as she probably got the house cheap years ago.

Daisy will qualify for the 15/30 funded hours now so I imagine that is why they started sending Stan for a day a week. It will still cost a fair amount but nowhere near as much as it would have done before daisy turned 3

Reactions: 3
Daisy will qualify for 30 hours so will be completely free now. Stan costs approx £50 per week if he’s in for one day. The mortgage on her house will not be expensive at all between her and Mark. She’s had a fair few ads lately plus YouTube videos and I’m sure Mark gets paid pretty well! At the end of the day these influencers do earn good money and they have minimal childcare costs and zero work related costs such as commuting and office wear. It makes a difference.

Reactions: 6
She has zero relatability to most mothers , and is portraying an unrealistic lifestyle to a lot especially young mothers that are more likely to fall for the bs , for all we know Charlotte and mark could be arguing all day this picture perfect crap is just that crap 💩
But what about the people (like me) who she is relatable to? Why should she have to “dumb down” (for lack of a better phrase) her situation just to appeal to one group of people when she IS relatable to another group? Plenty of people who watch her will have a similar lifestyle with similar amounts of disposable income. So why should she pretend she doesn’t to appease the ones who don’t? If she isn’t relatable, don’t watch her. She doesn’t have to temper her lifestyle to fit to those around her in case it makes them feel sad.

Reactions: 16
Will Daisy get 30 hours?? We do for our 3 to but we have to complete HMRC criteria every 3 months to confirm we are both working and earning over a minimum threshold. Dunno if charl would meet the criteria tbh. She would def get the 15 hours though.

Reactions: 1
Will Daisy get 30 hours?? We do for our 3 to but we have to complete HMRC criteria every 3 months to confirm we are both working and earning over a minimum threshold. Dunno if charl would meet the criteria tbh. She would def get the 15 hours though.
Influencers earn big money. A few hundred-thousand for Instagram ads, and several thousand for sponsored YouTube videos. They earn a lot more than people think. Plus Mark earns as well, and I’d imagine a relatively decent wage given his sector.

Reactions: 4
But what about the people (like me) who she is relatable to? Why should she have to “dumb down” (for lack of a better phrase) her situation just to appeal to one group of people when she IS relatable to another group? Plenty of people who watch her will have a similar lifestyle with similar amounts of disposable income. So why should she pretend she doesn’t to appease the ones who don’t? If she isn’t relatable, don’t watch her. She doesn’t have to temper her lifestyle to fit to those around her in case it makes them feel sad.
While I get what you're saying, 'dumb down' is a really bad way of describing being relatable to people who are less well off. People who aren't rich doesn't = dumb.

I get both sides of this argument. I think in Charlotte's case, her circumstances changed pretty quickly. I reckon she went from a fairly 'normal' lifestyle where they could have little vacations and small luxuries but not rolling in it, then her channel grew a bit, spons started coming in, views went up, so spons went up and it all sort of snowballed. I feel as though the last 6 months or so have been the most profitable she's probably ever had, so yeah - splurge away. It's like when you get your first proper pay check and you blow it all on stupid tit (surely that can't just be me!). That said, I think it would be appropriate for her to verbalise that - 'I've had a very lucky and very busy XX months, which means that we are able to do XYZ. Thanks to all of you for watching and making that happen' etc. The issue I have is when she still plays the 'aw shucks' routine about being the little engine that could.

Reactions: 8
We know she does nice things for others in her own way.

Really? Curious to know what these are, please enlighten us.

Certainly on previous threads there were examples of the opposite- she had begged people to support her ads so a vulnerable new mum bought an expensive item she was advertising and tagged her, messaged her, etc only to be completely ignored. Someone else asked for a shout out for raising money for HER AND DAISY’S SYNDROME and was blanked. These are the ones I remember off the top of my head but there were others.

Last edited:
  • Wow

She is an online influencer that’s what she does so yeh I’ll just leave that here

Daisy will qualify for 30 hours so will be completely free now. Stan costs approx £50 per week if he’s in for one day. The mortgage on her house will not be expensive at all between her and Mark. She’s had a fair few ads lately plus YouTube videos and I’m sure Mark gets paid pretty well! At the end of the day these influencers do earn good money and they have minimal childcare costs and zero work related costs such as commuting and office wear. It makes a difference.
How does she manage to blag working thirty hours a week when she is only editing a video?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
She probably faffs around for 30 hours s week making mistakes and re filming if it isn’t perfect .....which is what makes her so unrelatable....she shows us a clip of something very normal, like the washing machine spinning....then spends an age romanticising it!!! Soft focus, tinkly music.....

• Haha
Reactions: 7
First time posting but have been watching this thread for a while now. I have been watching some of Charlotte's vlogs after finding her through her pregnancy updates. Completely agree that she only ever films the picture perfect family which I personally can see right through. However, there will be people out there that think that's how everyone else lives and feel bad about the fact that there kids sometimes misbehave, they argue with their spouse, they have frozen dinners etc etc.

Maybe u could start a rave thread ?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Influencers earn big money. A few hundred-thousand for Instagram ads, and several thousand for sponsored YouTube videos. They earn a lot more than people think. Plus Mark earns as well, and I’d imagine a relatively decent wage given his sector.
A few hundred thousand for an advert?

More than the annual salary of the prime minister?!

Don’t think so!!!!!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.