Changing Hairdressers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning , very minor issue really.

I’ve been seeing the same Hairdresser for about 8 years.

We get on extremely well but I need a change as I feel we’ve both got a bit stale with each other.

I’m going somewhere else today 🙀, should I text her to say I’m moving on or just leave it and wait for her to text me wondering where I am.

I’m known for over thinking .

Reactions: 1
I had the similar thing with a lash tech, I'd been going to her for years but noticed my lashes weren't lasting so decided to try someone new. I never said anything to the old lash tech (mainly because I felt awkward!) but of course she saw from my Insta pics that I'd still got lashes on so she obviously knew I'd gone elsewhere. She's still polite and chats to me if I see her though!

At the end of the day, it's personal choice, just because you've used somebody for something once or a thousand times, you're not obliged to keep using their service. Especially if you're not feeling completely satisfied with the result, why waste the money! But I do understand what you mean about overthinking, I'm exactly the same.

Reactions: 7
Hi Wilma, thanks for replying.

We live in a small town , I could bump into her which makes me think I should send her a quick text.

She’s got a lot going on at home , she might not even notice when I don’t text for an appointment, I’ll leave it for the moment.

😓😓

Reactions: 2
I have done this before, I lied to her and told her my close friend had started doing hairdressing at college and to be polite I was letting her do my hair 😂 I’d actually just found a much better and cheaper hairdresser 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I have done this before, I lied to her and told her my close friend had started doing hairdressing at college and to be polite I was letting her do my hair 😂 I’d actually just found a much better and cheaper hairdresser 🤭
Same. I couldn’t get an appointment with my hairdresser for ages so decided to go somewhere new and this is what I said 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Thanks all.

I’ll send her a text later , just to avoid any potential run ins if my hair’s cut shorter, which I’m planning for later.

I am going to a new hairdresser this afternoon, am hoping not to run into the other one as salons are not that far apart, similar reasons really just think I need a change. I have thick curly coarse hair and the new one was recommended by someone with the same hair type as me.

Can I hop on this to ask what do people do when their hairdresser goes on Mat leave? Mine is off in November for a year and I assume it’s accepted to go elsewhere but is it assumed you go back when they return or if you prefer your new find do you stay there?

Can I hop on this to ask what do people do when their hairdresser goes on Mat leave? Mine is off in November for a year and I assume it’s accepted to go elsewhere but is it assumed you go back when they return or if you prefer your new find do you stay there?
Funny you should mention this.

It’s a risk the hairdresser takes , if she’s off for a long mat leave you’re bound to find someone else and there shouldn’t be any expectations on you upon their return to work.

When my hairdresser went on Mat leave I stayed in the same salon but went to her partner instead and I actually preferred her cut. I just didn’t have it in me to say out loud I preferred the partner, should say she was a on Mat leave for a very short time .

I don’t think I’ll be using my regular hairdresser for a while as I want something different next time, ive used her for years but other salons are better trained in modern colours than she is.

Reactions: 3
I’m doing the same thing! Just been for my patch test with my old hairdresser because my new hairdresser for the past year, hasn’t done my hair right at all! I got serious anxiety walking in the salon earlier but they’re not bothered plus it’s your hair/money so your choice!

Reactions: 5
I'm on the lookout for a new hairdresser (very difficult to get an appointment at the moment) because I've pretty much had it with my current one. She's made it pretty clear that she's not particularly interested in doing anything as basic as an actual cut. She's constantly pushing balayage, Olaplex, 12 week blow dry etc, and now the salon has started doing lip fillers.

She's obviously had them done herself and she is NOT a good advertisment for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've been through this exact same thing - I wanted a change and my hairdresser just wasn't getting my hair how I wanted it but it's so hard to leave isn't it, especially in a small town. I think the way I handled it was genius - I texted her and told her that my work friends had bought me a voucher for the new salon and obviously I had to use it - took away any awkwardness as it technically wasn't my fault! My friend used the same excuse with her hairdresser too and it worked a treat for her too.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Same. I couldn’t get an appointment with my hairdresser for ages so decided to go somewhere new and this is what I said 😂

I once left a hairdresser for about two years and returned as my new hairdresser bumped up the prices . I also said the same and the reason i returned is the friend moved away for a job in a new salon 😂

I would look in instagram/facebook at local hairdressers and see what you like.

I changed last year and hairdresser asked my sister how were my roots she hadn't seen me in ages
She said id gotten a voucher for another place and was happier with the colour (it wasn't yellow anymore)
We still chat when I bump into her and I'll go back for a blow dry

I changed last year after a few niggles i wasn't happy with. Best thing I did, much happier with my new hairdresser and she just 'gets' what I want every time.

I haven’t seen the old one since. I will feel awkward when I do. I'll use the excuse off here though of either a friend starting up or a voucher!

Reactions: 1
Any advice appreciated please: relatively new here anyway I have been with my current hairdresser for around 2 years, she’s usually reliable however today I have turned up to the salon with my daughter as she was booked for a cut & blow dry to find that there is nobody there and salon door was locked after waiting for 30 minutes rather disgruntled & daughter upset! I left bearing in mind I am at least a 40 minute drive from there this is after attempting to call the salon & I also messaged my hairdresser but had zero response! My teenage daughter was devastated as was I after waisting our time and travelling there! Anyway several hours later she has only just replied saying sorry she is unwell and thought appointment was in 3 days?! I understand being unwell but surely it’s not too much to ask to a)check your client diary and b) have the courtesy to let them know?! But to then try and fob me off claiming appointment is on another day when I know full well it wasn’t is unbelievable! Am I being unreasonable? I’ve not yet responded to her and I am now in too minds to now change my hair salon as this isn’t near me but happens to be somewhat cheaper then where I live but still reasonably happy with service they give when they do my hair! what are your thoughts on this please and how would you respond ? I should add that I then took my daughter to another salon and ended up paying more than usual just to get it sorted 🤦‍♀️