Cerazette

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hiya. Hoping for a little advice or just more understanding.
I’ve been on this pill since I was around 15, so about 13 years.
for about 11 of those years I never had periods and always been fine with it. In the last couple of years I’ve started to get random periods every now and then, no consistency, months apart but when I get them I am SO poorly! Nausea, upset stomach, no appetite, exhaustion.
the doctor told me they can be caused by stress and that does make sense but I just find it bizarre having had none for so long.
I was wondering if anyone else has been on this one long term and has anything similar or have you come off and things are better or?
I don’t have a reason for needing to be on it anymore but the main reason I ever did was due to heavy periods (but no where near as bad as the intermittent ones I get now).
I hope this makes some kind of sense.

Reactions: 2
I have been off my pill for years now and we just use condoms. I have been in touch to get put onto cerazette and will be starting that next week.

When I was on my pill I still had regular periods but I had other side effects; leg pains, low mood, skin issues, sex drive impact etc. Since being off and having the break most of those have went away.

I’m a big believer in giving my body a break from the pill when possible. If you don’t *need* to be on it then maybe it’s worth coming off to test whether your periods return and symptoms experienced reduce? Obviously a decision for you 🙂

• Heart
This is the only pill I’ve ever got on with to an extent. I did stop because of depression I thought could’ve been linked but went back on because heavy periods make me more miserable.

If I’m really stressed it can bring on a ‘period’, which can range from inconvenient spotting that’s too heavy for a pantyliner and too light for anything else 🤬 Or quite a heavy flow for several days. It’s always very dark in colour and not like a regular period.

Have you changed the time you take it or been given the generic version as opposed to branded Cerazette? Both these have brought on the spotting for me so I have to religiously take it in the morning at a certain time because even if I take it the same time everyday at a different hour the spotting happens.

I know generic lines are meant to be the same ingredients etc. But I’ve spoke with other women who have noticed spotting when initially given the generic version and put it down to that because it was the only thing that changed.

If you don’t need it then I wouldn’t bother taking it. Your cycle should go back to its old normal after a few months. Are you up to date with PAP smears?

Reactions: 1
I was on Dianette from about 14/15
(Controversial) and then when they was discontinued due to health risks a couple of years ago I started on Lucette . I’ve never been on a mini pill that stops your periods completely.
However I was put on the pill due to suffering severe period pains and irregular ones as a young teen.
Every couple of years I would take a break for a few months and then go back on cos of the risks of the particular pill I was on.
Then at the start of this year my body just started feeling.. “weird” - sore boobs in random places etc. And I just didn’t feel right so decided to stop contributing a random extra hormone into my body and came off the pill. It would seem last month was the first it was truly out of my body as my last period I suffered terrible pains again like when I was a child. I also now have really short periods - like a day or 2.

for about 11 of those years I never had periods and always been fine with it. In the last couple of years I’ve started to get random periods every now and then, no consistency, months apart but when I get them I am SO poorly! Nausea, upset stomach, no appetite, exhaustion.
the doctor told me they can be caused by stress and that does make sense but I just find it bizarre having had none for so long.
I was wondering if anyone else has been on this one long term and has anything similar or have you come off and things are better or?
I don’t have a reason for needing to be on it anymore but the main reason I ever did was due to heavy periods (but no where near as bad as the intermittent ones I get now).
I could have written this post myself. I was on this pill for about 10 years with no problems. Didn’t get periods or anything. Then I came off it to have my baby and started it again around October time.

It has been totally different this time. Bleeding on and off all the time, really bad anxiety, feeling sick etc. I stopped taking it a couple of weeks ago. Still getting the random spotting every couple of days so don’t think it’s completely out of my system.

I really think they’ve changed it in some way. There was a thread on Mumsnet of people saying the same sort of things.

I’m so gutted as I really got on great with it before and not sure what to do now.

• Heart
I’ve been taking this for a week, stopped yesterday. It sent me absolutely psycho. Literally could have stabbed myself last night I was that mental. Never again x

• Heart
I was switched over to this pill from Yasmin which I was on for years (which was great, if anything it gave me really amazing skin and a better mood) because there was apparently health risks if you suffer migraines.

I have to say it made my face pigmented and spotty as well as made me put on a hideous amount of weight, I was moody and felt pre menstrual all of the time as well as falling pregnant on it twice. I know it wasnt what you asked, but thought I would share if anyone may be planning to.

Thank you all for your replies.
I’ve gained weight and my skin is horrendous to. I’m really nervous to come off it because the periods I have been getting are horrific.
im pretty sure I can’t try any of the other pills to because I’m over weight.
I’ve had both the branded and the unbranded and that hasn’t seemed to of made a difference to me over the years. And I am up to date on my smear test to.
The stomach upset I get witn the periods is so so bad.

I would never take this ever again it made me so ill for over a year I took it after my second and last baby I was told it was really safe whilst breastfeeding but it made my life hell my periods were every other week I had so much pain, stress and anxiety which I had never had before I thought I was going loopy and they gave me ovarian cysts and it was ages before a doctor made the link 😩 I instantly felt better when I stopped taking it and I mean instantly !!!

• Wow
I would never take this ever again it made me so ill for over a year I took it after my second and last baby I was told it was really safe whilst breastfeeding but it made my life hell my periods were every other week I had so much pain, stress and anxiety which I had never had before I thought I was going loopy and they gave me ovarian cysts and it was ages before a doctor made the link 😩 I instantly felt better when I stopped taking it and I mean instantly !!!
Same, the day I stopped taking mine, I instantly felt better in my mood, I didnt wake up snappy and within a week I went down a dress size and the weight I had gained from this pill literally fell off. I was actually scared I was going to go underweight because 2 and a half stone fell off me pretty quick without any lifestyle or diet changes. Which is about how much I had put on taking it.

• Wow
I was on this for about 6 years and found it great (not a single period) came off it but had to go back on it when taking roaccutane (youre forced to) and it was hell. Periods were like clockwork every 27days, which I know is normal but after being used to nothing and then that 😩 and the mood swings were something else 😳 I genuinely think it was making me depressed too. I was so irrational and would flip at the tiniest thing. Been off it for two years and feel great!

• Sad