Celebs with ugly/attractive voices

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which speaking voices do you like and dislike? I feel bad saying this as someone with an unattractive voice, but:

• Kate Quilton, phlegmy and nasal and exacerbated by her unfortunate northern accent.
• Alice Roberts, I cant stand the way she says some of her vowels, mostly “o” and “ou” sounds. It’s almost enough to make me not watch her programmes. There was always something I didn’t like about her as a person either.
• Carol Klein. I feel bad about this one because I like her as a presenter and as a person. I can overlook her voice, but it is ugly.
• Sangeeta Bhabra. When she first joined Meridian news I couldn’t believe she’d got the job with that nasal voice. I thought, maybe she’s just got a cold, but it never went away.
• Richard Osman: I absolutely love him, but can’t bear the way he makes his “c” and “k” sounds. So much saliva in the back of his mouth.
• Piers Morgan, plummy and strangulated. You can hear how small his mouth is.
• David Cameron, a horrific, worse version of posh that is common among politicians. I hate his emphasis on certain words and syllables, and the way he says “economy”.

Lovely voices:

• Miranda Hart: an acquired taste among voices, I find it deep, characterful and interesting. I like listening to her.
• Kim Woodburn, her voice is stunning, like a natural, more attractive version of Joanna Lumley. She should do audiobooks.
• Neil Oliver, lovely Scottish voice that I could listen to for hours. He does that thing that Brian Cox tries to do of making everything sound wonderous, but Neil does it naturally, and better.
• Mark Labbett: his voice and facial expressions remind me so much of one of my friends, and the familiarity is comforting.

Reactions: 13
My absolute favourite was Alan Rickman, what a wonderful voice.

Nails down a blackboard voice for me is Jamie Oliver, just need to turn the tv over when I hear it.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Horrible...

Ellie Goulding and Jess Glynn's singing voices. Awful. Ellie sounds like a sheep being strangled and Jess is so nasally and whiny. I don't understand how either of them sell records.

Anne-Marie's fake Latino / Carribbean singing voice when she's from Essex. Ugh.

Then Billie Eilish and Ariane Grande. Never heard of enunciation, they mumble and murmer every song. Just awful.

Dr. Sarah Jarvis off Jeremy Vine's TV and radio show, you can hear saliva sloshing and clicking in her mouth when she speaks.

Zoe Ball, always sounds out of breath presenting on the radio. It makes me anxious.

Katie Price, so monotonous and lacking in pitch, pace, or enthusiasm. Like that boring priest who does the department store tannoy on Father Ted. 🤣

Piers Morgan. 🤮

Lovely...

Liza Tarbuck, sounds so warm, bubbly, sincere and fun. Love listening to her.

Tom Jones, in fact any Welsh accent is lush.

Julien Baptise from The Missing. Sexy accent and calming tone.

Paddy McGuiness / Peter Kay. I find the Bolton / Burnley / Wigan / Lancs accents quite sexy. But not the Manchester accent funnily enough.

Agree about Kim Woodburn, she's sort of posh Scouse. Like my nan.

Micky Flanagan. His accent and delivery are just adorable. I love his voice and accent.

Jo Whiley, great radio voice.

Reactions: 28
The one who is the new presenter on Love Island can’t remember her name.

Reactions: 3
Patrick bleeping Kielty. duck ..his voice annoys the tit out of me . In fact I think he's an all-round prick.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Joel dommet has the worst voice I've ever heard. He's all round annoying, but the voice..... 🤢

Reactions: 31
Anyone that pronounces "th" as "f". Gemma Bastarding Collins springs to mind.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Steph McGovern hands down for me I switch off the moment she come on the tv, David Beckham is another , although he has obviously had some vocal training as he used to sound like Minnie Mouse, now he is more Mickey Mouse 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Theres a singer I think shes fairly new out. She sings about castles or something, maybe Freya? Her voice just grates on me I cannot listen to her at all. I'm sure shes a smashing girl but I just wish she would stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Horrible...

Ellie Goulding and Jess Glynn's singing voices. Awful. Ellie sounds like a sheep being strangled and Jess is so nasally and whiny. I don't understand how either of them sell records.

Anne-Marie's fake Latino / Carribbean singing voice when she's from Essex. Ugh.

Then Billie Eilish and Ariane Grande. Never heard of enunciation, they mumble and murmer every song. Just awful.

Dr. Sarah Jarvis off Jeremy Vine's TV and radio show, you can hear saliva sloshing and clicking in her mouth when she speaks.

Zoe Ball, always sounds out of breath presenting on the radio. It makes me anxious.

Katie Price, so monotonous and lacking in pitch, pace, or enthusiasm. Like that boring priest who does the department store tannoy on Father Ted. 🤣

Piers Morgan. 🤮

Lovely...

Liza Tarbuck, sounds so warm, bubbly, sincere and fun. Love listening to her.

Tom Jones, in fact any Welsh accent is lush.

Julien Baptise from The Missing. Sexy accent and calming tone.

Paddy McGuiness / Peter Kay. I find the Bolton / Burnley / Wigan / Lancs accents quite sexy. But not the Manchester accent funnily enough.

Agree about Kim Woodburn, she's sort of posh Scouse. Like my nan.

Micky Flanagan. His accent and delivery are just adorable. I love his voice and accent.

Jo Whiley, great radio voice.
Ooh yes, Julian Baptist’s - love his voice and accent!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Whenever I watch any movie with Elle Fanning in, something about her voice/speech proper puts me off. Sounds like a slight speech impediment maybe?

Reactions: 5
Can't stand John Barrowmans voice it really grates on me to the bone!! 😫

Reactions: 15
The lady who plays Gemma on Corrie has a God awful voice. I stopped watching because she seemed to be on it every day.
Also dislike Gemma Collins and Kerry Katona’s. Zooey Deschanel has a nice singing voice but her speaking voice is so monotone.

Reactions: 14
The actress Shirley Henderson... idk why but her voice sends shivers down my spine o_O. It's so creepy/scary.

Watch from 1:45

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Theres a singer I think shes fairly new out. She sings about castles or something, maybe Freya? Her voice just grates on me I cannot listen to her at all. I'm sure shes a smashing girl but I just wish she would stop.
Is it Freya Ridings you mean? Sounds like she's gargling cotton wool balls? 😣

• Haha
Reactions: 7