Celebs Go Dating

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Curtis is absolutely gagging to be FamOuS, isn’t he?

I have no doubt he will be doing sumut like CeLebRitY coach trip with his brother at some point. They seem proper keen to make their duo act a thing.
They've both been cast in Hollyoaks 🤢 AJ is even more unlikeable than Curtis, they'd be dire on Celeb Coach Trip. I like that tbh it's funny 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Paul put this on his Instagram after the final episode. Who/ what do we think he might have got cross at?!
The celebs on the show are not looking for love anyway :ROFLMAO: I think it's a show for reality stars to get some reality tv work.
If there was a celeb to be pissed off with.. I suspect Wayne the creeep.
I do believe Tom and Sophie did have a real connection though 💕

Anyone remember the drama between Nadia Essex and Eden? I think that show has a curse😲
Things turned pretty nasty between them.

Reactions: 7
I think it’s Wayne that upset Paul...the old coffin dodger likes them young 🤮🤮🤮 prob pissed off the agents that he didn’t take their advice
I saw the post on insta and immediately came here thinking it was Wayne 😂. I don’t know if I was daydreaming while watching but can’t recall Wayne having one of those closing chats with them at the end like they seemed to do with everyone else?

Reactions: 5
I did wonder if it was Joey or Wayne. But a few weeks ago Paul did a Q&A and he said that he was most proud of Wayne's 'journey' and to keep watching to see how it played out. He usually does a round up of how he feels about the contestants at the end but he did at the beginning this time and it didn't include Joey because he wasn't there at the beginning. So I wonder if that's a clue that he doesn't have much good to say about him?

Reactions: 1
Anyone remember the drama between Nadia Essex and Eden? I think that show has a curse😲
Things turned pretty nasty between them.
Nadia was vile. All of this over not getting on while working at a TV dating show, crazy to say the least.

Reactions: 6
As a long time follower of the show, the ending felt the most genuine it has for a long time. I think the mansion format should stay as it made the attraction more likely. Kimberley and Shane were the first success story in the shows history, which is a good thing for the show and legitimizes the agency a bit, because the dating experts appeared a bit dubious.

I can see Curtis being the Sam Thompson of the show and making another appearance. He's a real odd one. I don't know what it is about him, but he's one of the more challenging reality tv personalities to understand. He never seems interested in the girls he is dating. A similar thing happened on Love Island.

Joey Essex and Chloe came over as the most insincere and career driven of the cast, it's a feat to be more unlikeable than old Wayne Lineker, who had a bit of a redemption towards the end of the series. Joey and Chloe were just messing their dates around. I really felt for Kieran, who Chloe seemed to have no interest in whatsoever.
I would hazard a guess that he doesn't seem into the girls, because he isn't into girls 🙃
He has already made a statement that he open to genders which seems to be the first step, to test the water before people come out.

It baffles me that people are still closeted in this day and age tbh

Reactions: 2
Pretty sure it's a joke but just in case it's not; Wayne has put that he and Chloe are engaged on his instagram.
I don’t get how it’s funny but surely it is a ‘joke’. She hasn’t posted anything other than Wayne’s post to her stories and then continued her stories with vibrator ads 🤣

With Wayne I thought it came across like he was so fixated on younger women because his personality is mega boring-I bet he asks what your favourite colour is on a date and older women are less likely to find that attractive. Also shallow as duck. He did seem nice though, not a head like I thought he would be. Billie Jean was lovely as well. I did not expect to like Tom Zanetti and Sophie as much as I did, but I think he had an embarrassing dalliance with Jordan a while back which was funny. Chloe makes me SO annoyed, her natural, normal personality really shinned through as the beginning of GS and she was entertaining and I really liked her, unfortunately this new character she has created is just too much. Curtis is sooooo strange, like he is hiding in plain sight or something. Joey Essex stopped being authentic years ago-but the confidence he has is a sight to behold. The couples, nice, boring.

Reactions: 3
Nadia was vile. All of this over not getting on while working at a TV dating show, crazy to say the least.
She said on her tiktik show she took them all to court and won proving them wrong , shes even working on a live tomo with a bloke called Eden ! Shes absolutely crackers !

Curtis is such a strange one and I agree with a lot of what is wrote on here, I spent the whole series why he was even on there as all he wants to do is be friends with the lads and friend zone the girls. If he is gay, he has absolutely nothing to lose by coming out - but I don’t think it is that, I just think he hasn’t met the right girl. He thinks in his head he deserves another Maura and that is a really large pedestal he has Maura on, and in his mind I don’t think anyone can compete with her, let’s be honest he was punching with her!

So it’s leading to this weird circle of him dating women but never meeting anyone he considers better arm candy than Maura and so friendzones them immediately.

Other than that, I’m watching series 7 as I hadn’t seen it and Jack Fincham and Lee Ryan are two of the worst daters I’ve ever seen, but I much prefer the format outside of the mansion.

And Tom Read-Wilson is what makes the show! I don't at all believe Anna and Paul are these dating gurus because from what I’ve seen most dates fall flat on their face and the advice they give is mostly basic.

Curtis is such a vanilla guy it's strange to me he inspires such antipathy and wrath. It's almost all contradictory too. Some people believe he is a habitual womaniser while others think that he's a deep in the closet homosexual. Some people think that he didn't like Maura at all and was only using her while others are convinced he's still in love with her.

There was a conspiracy theory going around instagram while the show was airing that Curtis is still with Amber the girl he had a brief relationship with 7 months after Maura hence why he kept friend-zoning the women. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened on the show as apparently Olivia Atwood took part while she was with Bradley Dack and Shaughna not only had a secret boyfriend while she did the virtual season but also the whole time she was on Love Island. Still she and Curtis broke up amicably long before he signed up for the show and from her instagram stories it looks like she has a new boyfriend so it seems unlikely.

Personally I think he was very conscious of not seeming like he was leading the girls on after that's how people perceived his behavior on Love Island with Amy. I'm probably in a minority for thinking he did the right thing. If you don't feel a romantic spark it's better not to be with that person and force it. He may well have given Daniella a shot if he'd known her for longer than a mere 48 hours but we'll never know. If he was savvy he would have said yes to dating her on the outside and broken it to her gently after the show was over.

It may be somewhat arrogant that he seems to be holding out for an absolute knockout but well not only did he get Maura but the aforementioned Amber is impossibly attractive too. Not to mention Amy, Francesca, Kessia and the other Celebs Go Dating girls aren't exactly bad looking either. Not to mention all these girls not only chased him but seemed to become become obsessed with very quickly. That can be quite the ego boost

Yet despite his own self belief in his ability to attract high end women he seems a virtual cornucopia of low confidence and self doubt when he has to do the leg work of seducing a women. I would attribute that to the fact that he has little life experience outside of ballroom dancing. Both his parents, his brother and almost all his friends are all ballroom dancers I don't think he knows how to act in a world which doesn't revolve around ballroom dancing. I also think the break up with Maura effected him way more than people think. The entire world shouted at him that it would never last, she was too good for him and just when he seemed to win people round it all imploded. Neither of them were angels yet Maura and her management definitely did the most to try and make out the break up was his fault alone and even when news started to come out her having an affair most of social media blamed him and spread ridiculous conspiracy theories he was paying off journalists to spread these lies. Even after it was largely proven to be true people either shrugged their shoulders or celebrated that she allegedly cheated on him. Now she's with his former friend that was clearly always after her and most of the internet including his former Love Island pals are celebrating it. I don't care what anyone says all that has got to affect your confidence.

In other news it looks like the celeb who Paul had the bust it with is indeed Joey Essex

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/celebs-go-datings-paul-explosive-23561180

It seems that Joey said "fo sho" and Paul that was cultural appropriation and tried to explain to Joey why it was insensitive and it turned into an argument. I have to say while I agree that a lot of white people appropriating black culture can damaging in ways that are not immediately obvious I'm not sure Joey doing a bit of ebonics is really that bad, maybe Paul thought he was taking the mick given Paul is an African American. It sounds as if their discussion escalated pretty quickly though. I can also see why Joey might get defensive if he thought Paul and members of the crew were accusing him of being racist.

Last edited:
In other news it looks like the celeb who Paul had the bust it with is indeed Joey Essex

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/celebs-go-datings-paul-explosive-23561180

It seems that Joey said "fo sho" and Paul that was cultural appropriation and tried to explain to Joey why it was insensitive and it turned into an argument. I have to say while I agree that a lot of white people appropriating black culture can damaging in ways that are not immediately obvious I'm not sure Joey doing a bit of ebonics is really that bad, maybe Paul thought he was taking the mick given Paul is an African American. It sounds as if their discussion escalated pretty quickly though. I can also see why Joey might get defensive if he thought Paul and members of the crew were accusing him of being racist.
I get what you're saying in Joey's defence, about possibly feeling offended/defensive about being accused of racism... however, imo it doesn't excuse it. While you, personally, may not feel Joey "doing a bit of ebonics is that bad" obviously Paul, a black African American man, did and took enough issue with it to warrant him voicing some discomfort.

White people don't get to decide if they are appropriating the culture of black people, or anybody else - especially if somebody of the particular culture in question is telling them they are. Arguing any point is moot. The only correct response from Joey in that situation would have been to listen, understand (or at least try to) and simply apologise.

If your response to being accused of racism is to get offended & argue a point then there's probably a good chance that you've been, at best, somewhat offensive.

It's to Paul's credit that he recognised Joey's comment was likely done more out of ignorance than racism and that he tried to explain to Joey why it was wrong. If other members of the crew got involved it might feel like a bit of a pile on and that's when I imagine he would get defensive. It seems from reading between the lines of what the article describes that at some point Paul may have questioned whether Joey was upset about saying something potentially racist or whether he was upset that he would look racist on TV. Interesting that despite making up as mentioned earlier in the thread they don't follow each other on instagram.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Joeys changed so much. I dont think he added anything to the show. He used to be funny back in the days when he thought Richard and Judy created the world 😂 but now he just really loves himself and has lost what made him likeable. I'm glad Paul hasn't massaged his ego.
I liked this year better with the mansion set up. I loved TRW initially but tbh I was a bit glad he didn't seem to have the same amount of airtime as previous seasons, as lovely as he is it's always very samey and you can only do so much of that.

Reactions: 5
I see Tom Zanetti’s facade has fallen - did anyone see his post yesterday when he shouted ‘Alexa, volume 10 you bleeping slag’ and today he’s walking around a shopping centre looking like he’s on Miami vice (it’s 3degrees in Leeds today, he needs to do his shirt up). Just feral. Surely Sophie will be cringing at that behaviour.

Reactions: 9
I see Tom Zanetti’s facade has fallen - did anyone see his post yesterday when he shouted ‘Alexa, volume 10 you bleeping slag’ and today he’s walking around a shopping centre looking like he’s on Miami vice (it’s 3degrees in Leeds today, he needs to do his shirt up). Just feral. Surely Sophie will be cringing at that behaviour.
They are / were never going to last