Celebrity/Showbiz autobiographies, biographies and books you have read

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all,

I've seen discussions in quite a few threads regarding celeb books so I thought it may be a good idea to have a thread devoted to the books you have read - the good, the bad and the Jodie Marsh's! I'm hoping this will be a great place for some brilliant recommendations but also give posters the opportunity to tell others to stay the hell away from certain books.

Off the top of my head, I've read the following:

THE BLOODY BRILLIANT

Jennifer Otter Bickerdike - Being Britney: Pieces of a Modern Icon
Jodie Marsh - Keeping It Real (for all the wrong reasons obvs)
Malcom McLean - Freak Like Me: Confessions of a 90s Pop Groupie
Mark Frith - The Heat Diaries
Rylan - The Life of Rylan

THE GOOD

Alan Carr - Look Who it Is
Appleton - Together
Blue - All Rise
Cheryl - My Story
Geri Halliwell - If Only
Girls Aloud - Dreams That Glitter
Jessica Simpson - Open Book
Lily Allen - My Thoughts Exactly
McFly - Unsaid Things...Our Story
Mel B - Brutally Honest
Sarah Harding - Hear Me Out

THE BAD

Geri Halliwell - Just for the Record
Little Mix - Our World

THE BLOODY AWFUL

Claire Richards - All Of Me
Jodie Marsh - Keeping It Real (for all the right reasons obvs)
Katie Price - Being Jordan (and a ton of others I can't be bothered to list)
Kelly Brook - Close Up
Kimberley Walsh - A Whole Lot of History

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Maybe a controversial one but Piers Morgans memoirs of his time as an editor, its called Insider. I've read it numerous times but I'm fascinated but big news, the royals, politics and all things celeb so was right up my street. Covers lots of big stories like Diana's death, 911, Dunblane. I've read his books that followed Insider and they aren't half as interesting as its more about his time in TV/showbiz.

Reactions: 8
Probably not the category of biography most people will post about on this thread. But I recently read a biography on Queen Victoria, and I thought I knew a lot about her, from various film, TV shows and documentaries etc. But there was so much about her I never knew. It was such a fascinating read. I was too stuck with the image of the Widow Queen rather than the formidable woman she truly was. Also, her relationship with motherhood and her children was revealing. And the dynamic between her and Albert. Remarkable. Very oxymoronic in many ways.

Reactions: 4
I listened to Jessica Simpson's autobiography recently - much better than expected and a lot of new information. Worth a read.

Mayte Garcia (was married to Prince)"The most beautiful girl in the world".
Nile Rodgers "Le freak"
Holly Johnson "A bone in my flute"
Boy George "Take it like a man" and "straight"
Pete Burns "Freak unique"
Marc Almond "Tainted life"
Steve Strange "Blitzed"
Adam Ant "Stand and deliver"
Sue Tilley "The life and times of an icon"

Reactions: 3
Mike Tyson - undisputed truth. BRILLIANT. This is still interesting even if your not into boxing at all.

Janice Dickinson - no lifeguard on duty. I've read this biography more than once because it's just so interesting to read, and it's like she's talking to you. Which I prefer in a bio as it makes it more enjoyable to me.

Reactions: 2
Johnny Marr's was really good. He comes across as very down to earth and goes into great detail about the demise of The Smiths.

Morrissey's was just him listing everyone that ever pissed him off.

Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
Nikki Grahame - Dying to be Thin
Chantelle Houghton - Living the Dream
Elton John - Me

Reactions: 6
Candid.

Fun and entertaining for the most part, also a bit sad at times (homophobic family, his self depreciation stage etc).
If it is anything like the film Rocketman, it should be really good.

Behind closed Dors - an A to Z of juicy gossip abouut the life and loves of Diana Dors.

The Kenneth Williams diaries, not an autobiography as such, but a really good read.

Coronation Street - The inside story, by former producer Bill Podmore.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Elton John - Me
Yes!!!! Forgot about Nikki Grahame's. Brilliant too! I've also read chantelle's and thought it was weird how she ended her book about how happy she was being Mrs Preston. Then ended up being divorced months later, feels like Preston kind of used her as I think Chantelle still loves him.

Elton John - Me
Rupert Everett's one was good, but the best biography I have ever read is Malcom X's one, superb such a diverse and interesting life.

Yes!!!! Forgot about Nikki Grahame's. Brilliant too! I've also read chantelle's and thought it was weird how she ended her book about how happy she was being Mrs Preston. Then ended up being divorced months later, feels like Preston kind of used her as I think Chantelle still loves him.
I actually liked Chantelle, I think she was much nicer than a lot of the reality "stars" wannabees that were all over the place at that time eg. Aishleyne, Pete the guy with the stutter, Leah and quite a few of them were pretty awful people.

Reactions: 7
I’m almost finished reading Together- Natalie and Nicole Appleton and when in all saints, Shaznay and Mel don’t come out of it well at all!! They both sound like horrible people but Shaznay is the worst of the pair.