Celebrities You've Seen & All The Deets!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pete Doherty lol, I got an autograph and he drew a picture of a stick man. Thought he was probably close to being on his way out and that maybe it would be worth a score on eBay but he's still around and I've lost it now anyway.
How he is still alive and Amy Winehouse isn't is beyond me. It is strange how people's bodies work.

Reactions: 10
David Tennant when I was eight. Said this on the other thread but hey I love telling it. It was 2007 (maybe 2008?) and he was filming Doctor Who locally at the time (if anyone likes DW it was the sontaran episode with Catherine Tate!) Chatted with me and my dad for ages, gave me a cuddle and a photo (even though I ran away the first time out of shyness!) and signed stuff. We watched him film a scene where he had to drive and I was waving at him — totally ruined the take because he started waving back bless him!
Talked in his ‘the Doctor’ voice - totally enchanting and bloody lovely. I didn’t see Catherine Tate though; she was there and I asked David if we could get a photo together (because I had a photo of her and David as the doctor and Donna above my bed and was obsessed with it) - he went off to ask only to be told no she didn’t want to see any of us. Stung a bit considering I was so little but I suppose if i was in her shoes I’d feel a bit grumpy too!

Reactions: 9
I’ve sat next to Louis Theroux whilst he read the paper and He has been to my house. It was odd watching him lying on the floor eating chocolate!
Were you on his documentary? The pic is from that programme. I recognised the background as I was watching it tonight!

Reactions: 4
Working in retail I've seen fair few people over the years..

I was browsing in Selfridges and was stood right next to Rachel Steven's (she is teeny tiny).

Amy Winehouse on Camden high st

Have seen Jameela Jamil, Lauren Pope (not really a celeb but..), Rob Brydon, David Walliams in Selfridges (not all shopping together 🤣) , and the host from Pointless, forgot his name. Never had the courage to speak to people, probably because I was working. Although Rob did try on a blazer (I helped find his size) and David asked me where Burberry was!

Oh and Jamelia once asked for discount in another store in worked for, but my manager said no 🤣

Reactions: 11
Back in the day (around 19 years ago) Jason Donovan was appearing in a play at a theatre my friend worked in the city. It was after he'd moved to the Uk and Kylie Minogue had moved on and they were both in new rel'ships.

I told my friend I liked him and she told me this story which put me off him. Apparently his girlfriend turned up during vocal warm up before a show & broke the news that she had just found out she was pregnant. He reacted badly to it and was furious. He didn't care staff were milling about. They had a barney and she left and he tripped and fell of the stage and broke his leg, so they had to cancel the show.

I believe they ended up marrying and having two more kids, so glad they patched it up. Was kinda satisfying to hear though that karma punched him right in the gut right after being a complete dick lol!

Darren Day appeared in a show at the same theatre when he was dating Isla Fisher from Home & Away who's now married to Sasha Baron Cohen. He was cheating on her with a curly haired girl from the local drama and music college. He was a state. Once he got off his face in the city then slept outside the theatre stage door until morning light and workers let him in and made him coffee. The girl would turn up all the time and they'd hug outside stage door in full view of all and hang out. I saw that with my own eyes. Meanwhile all the shops had pictures of Darren & Isla on the front of magazines etc saying how great their romance was. I wanted to write to Isla but I never did. I guess she figured it out herself as she dumped him not long after.

Also Sam Kane was at the theatre years ago, he was married to Linda Lusardi at the time (still is) my friend is really beautiful and when I was meeting her at stage door to go for some drinks he made a play for her, despite the fact she was with her boyfriend. He was literally standing right next to her and was pretty miffed. Definitely not a faithful man. Between shows I saw him outside ripping off his t-shirt and swinging it around in the road looking for attention (he was a hunk back in the day) and nobody paid him any attention, so he sat on the kerb and ate mcdonalds. he's since had a ton of plastic surgery and ruined his looks. Linda turned up at one point to watch something the staff were putting on and she had a face like thunder the whole time and didn't mix with anyone, while her husband was super sociable.
Was the curly haired girl Tracy Shaw, who played Maxine in Corrie?

Reactions: 2
I’ve sat next to Louis Theroux whilst he read the paper and He has been to my house. It was odd watching him lying on the floor eating chocolate!
I bloody LOVE Louis Theroux!
Please tell me his lovely? Don’t burst my crush bubble 😂

Reactions: 1
My friend is a journalist so I’ve heard some right old stories but they aren’t mine to tell :)
I'd be lying if I didn't wish you or your friend would come on and dish some dirt on these celebs. Journalists have the best gossip on them.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Saw Victoria beckham once as her brother lived near us, and she visited (rarely). All I remember really was she was teeny tiny, stick thin like a 7 year olds body. She was pretty snooty and travelled in a car with David separate to her kids, who travelled in a people carrier with her parents. Seemed like a weird set up.
Met David a few times and he is genuinely lovely, kind hearted and gives a lot of time to people.

Saw Victoria beckham once as her brother lived near us, and she visited (rarely). All I remember really was she was teeny tiny, stick thin like a 7 year olds body. She was pretty snooty and travelled in a car with David separate to her kids, who travelled in a people carrier with her parents. Seemed like a weird set up.
Met David a few times and he is genuinely lovely, kind hearted and gives a lot of time to people.
Victoria looks like a stuck up b***h. [emoji87]
No wonder David goofed/goofs around tbh! [emoji2957][emoji23]

Reactions: 8
Not me but my husband met Tom Hardy and didn't realise until afterwards! He was on shift (PC) and a man opened the door for him as he was coming out of a petrol station & said 'stay safe'. He said thanks then went back to his car where his colleague was freaking out that he had just spoken to Tom Hardy 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Not me but my husband met Tom Hardy and didn't realise until afterwards! He was on shift (PC) and a man opened the door for him as he was coming out of a petrol station & said 'stay safe'. He said thanks then went back to his car where his colleague was freaking out that he had just spoken to Tom Hardy [emoji23]
OH MY GOD!! [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]
I'm so jealous!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Reactions: 1
Had Hugh grant behind me in his car once when I had stopped at a red light. Wasn’t sure at first if it was him or not but when he pulled up next to me at the next set of lights it was him.

Me and my cousin gave him a wave, he gave us a wave and smile 🙂

Reactions: 6
First post ever on tattle.life so pardon my mistakes.

So in 1999 just turned 18, I was working at Haagen dazs in the Eurostar terminal (after the customs) in Gare du Nord in Paris (I live in Paris region), for the summer break.
I remember Andie mc Dowell asking me an ice cream, I recognize her because of her famous movie with Hugh grant,Four weddings and a funeral.
She was so adorable, very sweet and polite.
Also I thought that she was beautiful in the moment.

Randomly, my husband being taxi in Paris has met (and still meets) countless personalities,ministers etc including Liam Gallagher, Audrey Tautou (and he told her that I really love her which is true lol),Charlotte Gainsbourg, Charlotte Rampling etc...
They’re generally really polite and kind.

Reactions: 17
I met the Happy Mondays many years ago in a pub in Bolton. It was heaving and my round. My friend scored a table and I went to the bar. A man next to me said stand on little bar so the barmaid will see you. We chatted a little whilst we were waiting. When I got our drinks I got collared by a man with rather distinctive eyes. We chatted but it was hard to hear what he was saying. When I turned around my friend had this look of utter surprise on his face. He told me the man was Bez and the man was Shaun ryder and one of other happy Mondays was stood next to him 😀😀very friendly nice chaps. I had only just moved to the UK and seemed to have a knack for having conversations with celebrities when we went out as I didn't know many of them by sight yet

Love this thread.
I have met a good few celebs over the years some you may not have heard of as met mainly from 8o’s & 90’s but will tell you anyway someone may remember them.

Jon Bon Jovi – (in a pub I worked in Glasgow circa ‘88) – refused him and his entourage entry as we were full – didn’t know who he was until one of the bar staff came bounding over a few minutes later and told me – I said, ‘Oh well we were full anyway’.
Hugh Grant – In a bar in Marbella – he was so lovely – it was at the height of his career and he was so down to earth.
Kaye Adams – at a workshop in Glasgow - couldn’t have been nicer – seemed to genuinely want to chat.
Heather Small from M People – was at a house party I was at in Glasgow – very humble and remarkably shy.
Greg Fisher (Rab C Nesbitt) – served him in a shop I worked in - So funny and charming (and so very well-spoken) – his wife came over and seemed irritated as he was still chatting – she reminded me of Hyacinth Bouquet – he rolled his eyes at me as he an toddled off with her. (Just like Hyacinths husband)
Stephen Rea (crying game) – Pub in Donegal – Lovely fella – could have chatted to him all day.
Robbie Coltraine – my friend had a lockup garage next to his in Glasgow – he was great craic – so down to earth and friendly – he was doing really well for himself back in the 80’s but so unassuming in real life.
Ricky Ross & Lorraine (Deacon Blue) – I helped do their wedding flowers – lovely couple, again the height of their career but not up themselves at all.
Bobby from The Bluebells – Gave me a kiss
One of the guys from Teenage Fan Club – showed up at a house party I had – no idea who he was but my husband now said he was a fan back in the day so he was impressed if no one else.
I worked near BBC in Glasgow so had a load of celebs coming and going – I don’t remember any of them being obnoxious but their management – well don’t get me started a bunch of arrogant twats.

Just posted this on the other thread but realised it's probably more appropriate here, let me know if I should delete either post!

Met Jared Leto/30 Seconds to Mars at a meet and greet at a festival years ago when I was about 16. Was so disappointed as I'd spent about 3 hours queuing, and Jared was wearing huge aviator sunglasses and had his hood up so could barely see him. He said nothing, not even a 'hi.' His bandmates were nicer though.

Saw Domhnall Gleeson at a pub in Ireland last year but was too afraid to say hi, love him though!

Saw Bob Geldof In London but looked like some people had already stopped him to chat which he seems to do so obligingly.

Some second hand encounter from friends:

One friend saw Mark-Francis and Victoria from Made in Chelsea getting the TUBE in London lol. Apparently they looked very confused.
A friend met Aidan Gillen when he came into her shop, he was super nice and chatty.
My sister met Louis Walsh on a flight, he was nice lol, but my sister is young and pretty...
Apparently James Corden is not such a faithful gentleman... ahem.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
When my youngest was 3 months old, we took them to Peppa Pig World. She needed a bottle so I sat down while husband took my other girl in the soft play. I started to feed her and looked next to me to see Nick Knowles. Looks like he’s been embalmed and a lot of Just For Men going on.

Oh and Sharron Davis. She’s actually my
Mums cousin and they played together a lot S children. I’d never met her but bumped into her mum in Smyths toy shop. I spoke to her mum as I’d met her several times and my grandad had not long passed. Sheila explained who I was etc and she just went “oh right” turned around and flounced off. Rude!

Reactions: 7
When my youngest was 3 months old, we took them to Peppa Pig World. She needed a bottle so I sat down while husband took my other girl in the soft play. I started to feed her and looked next to me to see Nick Knowles. Looks like he’s been embalmed and a lot of Just For Men going on.

Oh and Sharron Davis. She’s actually my
Mums cousin and they played together a lot S children. I’d never met her but bumped into her mum in Smyths toy shop. I spoke to her mum as I’d met her several times and my grandad had not long passed. Sheila explained who I was etc and she just went “oh right” turned around and flounced off. Rude!
Sharron Davis lives in the next street to me, she is known locally for being so rude and up herself 😂
Goes around saying "don't you know who I am"

• Haha