Celebrities you've met...the good, the bad and the ugly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've met:

Kathryn Drysdale (Lovely lady and very sweet and spent ages with me, gave me a massive cuddle and arranged for another actress who I also love to come down and meet us - I didn't even ask her bless her)
Sheridan Smith (Very nice, loved my t shirt and when I was nervous about having blurry photos she was okay to take more photos incase the others were blurry)
Natalie Casey (Absolutely bonkers in a hilarious way and she's just like a friend)
Ralf Little (Nice man, friendly and kind)
Katherine Parkinson (So lovely, met her twice and when she saw me the second time she gave me a cuddle and remembered me)
Steve Pemberton (Nice man seemed shy)
Matt Berry (Amazing and lovely man)
Steffan Rhodri (Dave Coaches - a very happy man)
Russell Brand (Very lovely he gave me tickets to his show)
Catherine Tate (Very nice and geniune and funny)
David Walliams (A bit up his own backside)
Martin Clunes (Let me have photos with him in the press tent, such a nice man)
Neil Morrissey (Actually a nice bloke)
Caroline Catz (Such a lovely woman, spent ages with her, she gave me a lovely cuddle)

And thats just a few of the celebs i've met!

I met David Mitchell from Peep show when I was working on the till. I was working though so didn't stop him to chat.
I watched him at WILTY last year with Olivia Colman, both seemed like lovely people and I bumped into Aston Merrygold from JLS in the car park after the recording, he gave me a lovely smile :)

Reactions: 4
I’ve met a fair few working at a major airport...
off the top of my head
James Martin ( rude and obnoxious ) ditto with Jamie Oliver
David Williams as stated full of himself and rude.
Ainsley Harriet is a lovely man
as is Nigel Farage ,Mick Hucknall ( Simply Red ) and surprisingly
so is Gordon Ramsey...
Pixie Lott is lovely too
But the biggest pain in the neck without a doubt
Wayne Rooney the footballer absolute twit

Reactions: 6
I worked In Selfridges and have served a few celebs. Tons of footballers but never can remember their names.

Keith lemon - rude & didn’t want fans talking to him.

Hugo from made in Chelsea - full of himself

Richard Ashcroft - total diva. Actually said the line - don’t you know who I am when we told him the car park store entrance was closed and he’d have to go out and around like everyone else.

Paul Weller - really lovely. Had a a lot of time for him.

Kano - was buying things for this mum. Really nice.

The lead singer of Texas. So nice! Really friendly and very short!

Ricky Gervais - kinda rude and kept his sunglasses on. His girlfriend looked embarrassed.

Bumped into Keira Knightly on Old St. She’s very very pretty & tiny! Said sorry and kept walking.

Got chatted up by a very drunk/high Russel Brand back in the day. He was a mess! 😬

Reactions: 5
When I was 13 met Alan Shearer, Gary Linker and Alan Hansen at the airport (they were all flying back after hosting match of the day in South Africa) I got to access the Lounge because of my dads card, Shearer and Gary were so lovely to me but but Hansen was a bit iffy with me and Shearer actually told him off :ROFLMAO:

Il add a few more:

Caspar Lee (if he counts) more than 5 years ago now, it was at a sports centre where josh and byron were playing cricket (didn't know who they were at the time) and he was beyond lovely, he was really happy to be recognised, came over and chatted with me, my mum and sisters.

Paul scholes, when I was little at a hotel and my brother recognised him and started saying "Mummy Mummy its scholes" and my mum ignored him because she thought he was saying "Scores" not scholes and was justing talking rubbish, Paul was laughing hysterically.

Rio Ferdinand (later that same day as paul, the entire team were staying at this hotel for their match) he was sitting in a corner deep in thought but he did give us his autograph.

Harry styles in 2012, at a shopping centre, my cousin spotted him and started freaking out, he pulled us into the topshop when we asked for a photo so we diddnt draw to much attention, but we couldnt figure out who to give our phones to to take the photo and he started rolling his eyes and said "come on girls" I dont blame him tho lol.

Jon Cozart after a show of his I went to and he sang a bit for me whilst I took the video, he was really nice and humble.

Rami Malik about 2 years ago when he was filming bohemian Rhapsody here I saw him twice, once at a hotel and he was lovely and smiley, the second time outside selfridges but he did not look like he wanted to be disturbed so we diddnt.

Sophie Ellis Baxter, spotted her a few times at that same sports centre, super hands on mum with her kids, really nice.

And years ago as a joke I told my friend that I wanted to ask Nicholas Hoult out when she was working with him on a project, she took it seriously and showed him photos of me and gave him my number, he called me on a private number and I couldnt even answer I was so mortified and I thought I was too unattractive and couldnt even imagine meeting him (I was a very insecure 18 year old)
Nicholas hoult rang you and you didn’t pick up 😱😱 🙈🙈 lol x

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I worked In Selfridges and have served a few celebs. Tons of footballers but never can remember their names.

Keith lemon - rude & didn’t want fans talking to him.

Hugo from made in Chelsea - full of himself

Richard Ashcroft - total diva. Actually said the line - don’t you know who I am when we told him the car park store entrance was closed and he’d have to go out and around like everyone else.

Paul Weller - really lovely. Had a a lot of time for him.

Kano - was buying things for this mum. Really nice.

The lead singer of Texas. So nice! Really friendly and very short!

Ricky Gervais - kinda rude and kept his sunglasses on. His girlfriend looked embarrassed.

Bumped into Keira Knightly on Old St. She’s very very pretty & tiny! Said sorry and kept walking.

Got chatted up by a very drunk/high Russel Brand back in the day. He was a mess! 😬
doesn't suprise me about richard ashcroft, always thought he was a talentless wanker.

last saturday I took my 2 kids to meet this fella...one of the biggest youtubers( no, I don't get it either) on the planet... DANTDM.

It was billed as a VIP meet and greet, I can only assume that VIP means VERY IDIOTIC PARENT for paying for such an event... it was £85 per child,I took my son as well, for them to meet him, have a photo taken with him, get one item signed by him, and get a signed poster...

honestly you could have counted to 30 for the time they got to spend with this guy... don't get me wrong, he seemed nice enough, but the 85 quid ×2 i payed for this VIP was a bit steep in my eyes considering what you got... it didnt even include a seat to his big show at the arena birmingham, that was separate...

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I met Alex Turner from the Arctic Monkeys about 2 years ago in a pub in Sheffield. It was about 6pm on a weeknight and he was absolutely off his tits, and didn’t seem like alcohol to me. Really slurring and hard to understand. He stopped for pictures etc but wasn’t too friendly. Really short IRL but it was pretty cool. He was just with a few mates.

Met Jarvis Cocker in Sheffield train station a few months ago, picking up some tickets alone from a ticket machine. He’s one of my heroes. I went over and said hello and how much I like his music. He was a little apprehensive at first like he didn’t want to be bothered but we shook hands and parted ways and he was pretty nice.

Met Ricky Hatton in a pub. Couple of years ago. He’s got his demons with drink I think and he was having two pints at a time. Got a picture with him cos my dad likes him. He was very quiet but not unfriendly.

Has anyone met Fearne Cotton or Holly Willoughby? Are they nice?
My sister went to see celeb juice a few years back. She said fearne was absolutely lovely but Holly was stuck up her own arse and completely different in between filming.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
We’ve had a few at my mums hotel over the years - Gary Barlow was one of the nicest I’ve ever met.

Also let the Obama’s at a function (do they count as celebrities?) and they were lovely beyond words.

Reactions: 12
We’ve had a few at my mums hotel over the years - Gary Barlow was one of the nicest I’ve ever met.

Also let the Obama’s at a function (do they count as celebrities?) and they were lovely beyond words.
I would love to meet the Obamas. They won me over when they got Bo the dog, who was a rescue! And the "thanks Obama" video. and many other things actually.

Reactions: 9
I met Alex Turner from the Arctic Monkeys about 2 years ago in a pub in Sheffield. It was about 6pm on a weeknight and he was absolutely off his tits, and didn’t seem like alcohol to me. Really slurring and hard to understand. He stopped for pictures etc but wasn’t too friendly. Really short IRL but it was pretty cool. He was just with a few mates.

Met Jarvis Cocker in Sheffield train station a few months ago, picking up some tickets alone from a ticket machine. He’s one of my heroes. I went over and said hello and how much I like his music. He was a little apprehensive at first like he didn’t want to be bothered but we shook hands and parted ways and he was pretty nice.

Met Ricky Hatton in a pub. Couple of years ago. He’s got his demons with drink I think and he was having two pints at a time. Got a picture with him cos my dad likes him. He was very quiet but not unfriendly.
Kinda sad to hear about Alex Turner, but not in the least bit surprised AT ALL. I still love him though, even if he is short 🤣

Not exactly a major celeb but..I met Bez from Happy Mondays. He's the exact maraca shaking prick that you'd expect him to be.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.