Celebrating divorce

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going through a divorce at the moment. We’ve been married for 9 years; together for 14. I was the one who filed, although I don’t think it came as a huge shock to him. I won’t go into the specifics as it’s not really important, but it’s been a long time coming. Despite all that’s happened, it’s been amicable; I think we both know it’s the right decision, so that’s made things a lot easier.

All I feel now is an incredible sense of relief and excitement for a new start. Remember that iconic pic of Nicole Kidman after she divorced Tom Cruise? That pretty much sums up how I feel 😅 I’d like to do something to mark this new chapter but haven’t a clue what. Has anyone else been through a similar situation where they’ve actually been relieved to get divorced or go through a break up? Did you do anything to mark it? How did you start to move on?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m going through a divorce at the moment. We’ve been married for 9 years; together for 14. I was the one who filed, although I don’t think it came as a huge shock to him. I won’t go into the specifics as it’s not really important, but it’s been a long time coming. Despite all that’s happened, it’s been amicable; I think we both know it’s the right decision, so that’s made things a lot easier.

All I feel now is an incredible sense of relief and excitement for a new start. Remember that iconic pic of Nicole Kidman after she divorced Tom Cruise? That pretty much sums up how I feel 😅 I’d like to do something to mark this new chapter but haven’t a clue what. Has anyone else been through a similar situation where they’ve actually been relieved to get divorced or go through a break up? Did you do anything to mark it? How did you start to move on?
We hadn't been married long and shouldn't have got married. We were young and I just thought it was the next step that you 'should' do.
But I was the one the initiate it.
We didn't actually get divorced until 4 years after breaking up , I felt such a relief though and felt so free.
He was a complete d**k though so 😂
Although we stayed friends a few years after we separated. (divorce was completed in 2015 so it's been a few years)

But I certainly celebrated 😂
I still have his surname but fully plan to change that soon by deed poll to my partners/kids surname 😂

Reactions: 1