CBD Oil

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see a lot of people talking about CBD oil. All I know is that it’s derived from cannabis and is supposed to help you relax, and is legal.
Anyone on here take it? Does it “work”? How much does it cost/how long does it last?
or is it just a load of codswallop like the gummy hair growth sweets?

I have tried the CBD oil (purchased from a Holland and Barrett store so I knew it was legit) and it didn’t really do anything for me 🤷🏻‍♀️ I suffer with pretty bad anxiety which is what I was using it for. When I have tried weed the only time in my life it also gave me a panic attack so think I must have had the wrong strain of weed

Reactions: 1
I had it for anxiety but I didn't find it any good at all. If you do take it don't take the actual oil. It tastes vile.

The stuff you can get from H&B isn’t the greatest. A lot of their products don’t have a high enough cbd content to be good for anything really and they aren’t full spectrum oils. The oil generally tastes nasty but you can get cbd capsules or even gummy sweets too. Black Sheep Dispensaries are a good legit source for full spectrum cbd products, I have used some of their products myself and recommend them. When looking for cbd oil you really want to aim for full spectrum. Here is a good article explaining more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The stuff you can get from H&B isn’t the greatest. A lot of their products don’t have a high enough cbd content to be good for anything really they aren’t full spectrum oils. The oil generally tastes nasty but you can get cbd capsules or even gummy sweets too. Black Sheep Dispensaries are a good legit source for full spectrum cbd products, I have used some of their products myself and recommend them.
So when you say you recommend them, why? Sorry if this sounds like a daft question but what does it actually do? Do you get a better nights sleep? Feel calmer? Does it give you the munchies?
Does taking too much stop you from being able to drive?

So when you say you recommend them, why? Sorry if this sounds like a daft question but what does it actually do? Do you get a better nights sleep? Feel calmer? Does it give you the munchies?
Does taking too much stop you from being able to drive?
I recommend them because I usually get my cbd stuff from there and they’ve always been reliable and good quality products. No it doesn’t give you the munchies. In fact I am sure there is evidence out there that says cbd can be an appetite suppressant if anything.

You should be fine driving. It doesn’t get you high or impair you In my experience. Cbd is totally non psycho active, it’s thc that gets you ‘high’ and full spectrum cbd oil will only contain trace amounts, not enough to cause a high. For me it helps with anxiety & depression, so I guess in a way it does help me feel calmer and as a result I do sleep better. It’s not a cure and doesn’t make it go away completely but what medication does? I do find cbd oil beneficial for my mental health more so than the sertraline I took for a couple of years anyway. Plus if I don’t take it for what ever reason I don’t get nasty side effects like brain zaps and nausea.

I’ve edited my post with an article you may find informative.

I started using it after a bout of insomnia that lasted awhile and it did help well I think it did. I don't know if it was coincidence or not whether sleep just was improving on it's own but even from the first night things got better. I stayed on it every night for about a year. I was falling asleep in minutes compared to hours I used to. It had no side effects at all. I used to spend £60 on the 5% 30ml from h&b it used to last me 3 months having about 10 drops per night it doesn't taste nice but you get used to it. I stopped taking it earlier this year as I had run out and wanted to see how I was without it because I was sleeping so much better and I was fine still sleeping well since

I started taking it to attempt to improve my sleep quality. It has worked in the sense that I am sleeping better. Maybe it's just a placebo effect but I honestly don't mind either way as long as I'm sleeping! It doesn't taste great I will say - I'm considering switching to the capsules next time.

I take it for my anxiety, but i take it in capsules. I never found holland and barrets cbd any good, its too expensive for such a small concentrate. I make them for all the women at my work who use them through their menopause and they all swear by it.

I once bought a CBD oil bath bomb - complete waste of money! Didn’t do anything...

Has any one ever taken it for pain.. mainly arthritis?
I’ve read things that people have said it really helps with this, my partner suffers and have been looking into it, I just would prefer actual peoples thoughts on it for that!

Has any one ever taken it for pain.. mainly arthritis?
I’ve read things that people have said it really helps with this, my partner suffers and have been looking into it, I just would prefer actual peoples thoughts on it for that!
I encouraged my mum to use a CBD muscle rub for her arthritis and it’s helped tremendously. I also use it now after training to relieve any aches and pains - it’s worked for us both so may be something to try.

Holland and Barrett is a good place to start with as you can go into the shop and see the products, but the quality isn’t the best (low CBD content for the price) so if you don’t mind ordering online, I’d definitely search through some reviews.

I encouraged my mum to use a CBD muscle rub for her arthritis and it’s helped tremendously. I also use it now after training to relieve any aches and pains - it’s worked for us both so may be something to try.

Holland and Barrett is a good place to start with as you can go into the shop and see the products, but the quality isn’t the best (low CBD content for the price) so if you don’t mind ordering online, I’d definitely search through some reviews.
thank you I’d never heard of a muscle rub with it in before I’ll have a look x

I used one of the higher strength ones from H&B for anxiety and found it worked for me - a few drops under the tongue when needed. You can put it in (non-caffeinated) tea instead if you can't stand the taste. My colleague swears by vaping it.

Can anyone offer any advice for CBD oil for anxiety? I have my driving test in a months time, the last time my anxiety surrounding it was through the roof. What should I start with? And also what are the best places to get it from?

Can anyone offer any advice for CBD oil for anxiety? I have my driving test in a months time, the last time my anxiety surrounding it was through the roof. What should I start with? And also what are the best places to get it from?
I second this - I have no idea which to get and where to get from? x

Simply CBD is the website we use, excellent service and reasonably priced. There are different kinds, so do your research. Some of them have turmeric, so don't get that if you are sensitive to turmeric. You also have to build up slowly. Start with 1 drop 3 x per day for a week, then 2 drops 3x per day for a week, so on until you notice it helping. It can take a while.
(Also, just a note for your driving test - you can smell it on you a bit, so you might be better off using Bach's rescue remedy and meditation)

I want to get CBD oil for anxiety but it’s so bloody expensive I’m just wondering is it worth it? 😬 or am I better just going to the doctor when spending that much anyways

I want to get CBD oil for anxiety but it’s so bloody expensive I’m just wondering is it worth it? 😬 or am I better just going to the doctor when spending that much anyways
Some CBD is quite well priced but it does take a while to work - you need to do a bit of trial and error

For anxiety I would recommend starting low (simplycbd is a good company or holland and Barrett etc have some). Go low, and start low - if you overdo the strength, it makes your anxiety worse (from experience!)

Reactions: 2
Some CBD is quite well priced but it does take a while to work - you need to do a bit of trial and error

For anxiety I would recommend starting low (simplycbd is a good company or holland and Barrett etc have some). Go low, and start low - if you overdo the strength, it makes your anxiety worse (from experience!)
ok thank you what strength would you recommend? Would 2.5% be too low?