CBD Oil - What’s your experience with it? Is it helping?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wondering if anyone here takes CBD oil. What’s your experience with it? What are you taking it for? Is it helping?

My husband takes it for his dodgy shoulder and says it works. My dog takes it for arthritis and it seems to work. I tried it for a temporary issue and could not get past the taste of it since it has to sit under the tongue for 2 mins (this brand, anyway). I've had some pretty horrible things in my mouth, and that was one of them. :sick:

Reactions: 1
Some companies do sell it in capsule form rather than liquid but in the states loads of places still cant stock it as it isnt legal in every state so its kind of hard to find genuine ones. If you are going to try it make sure its from a reputable company as so many are selling fakes made up with sunflower oil etc.

I take it for anxiety. I find the 5% oil really helps. Just a few drops under my tongue when I’m having an anxious day or at struggling to sleep.
I’ve heard it’s good for pain but can’t confirm.

I have used the oil for pain and it took the edge off but really helped with anxiety.
I’d used rescue remedy/herbal capsules but using CBD oil a was noticeable difference.

I think in the UK it legally has to be so weak it’s basically an expensive placebo.

Reactions: 4
I use it for arthritis and it has really helped me, I get it from HERE I buy the blue Sativa one and it has changed my life. It took a about 10 days before I felt the benefits but now I really feel it if I miss a day or 2. My left knee was so painful, I can't say as it is completely painfree now, but what pain is there is so much more manageable.

It is expensive, but you do need to make sure you are getting a quality product. Personally I wouldn't bother with Amazon, Ebay or even Holland & Barratts. Mine costs me almost £30 a month for a tiny bottle, but it is well worth it to me.

Reactions: 2
I think in the UK it legally has to be so weak it’s basically an expensive placebo.
This is what I see it as. Everyone tells me I should take it for my fibro but I honestly cant see how anything sold in the UK would help.

I use it for arthritis and it has really helped me, I get it from HERE I buy the blue Sativa one and it has changed my life. It took a about 10 days before I felt the benefits but now I really feel it if I miss a day or 2. My left knee was so painful, I can't say as it is completely painfree now, but what pain is there is so much more manageable.

It is expensive, but you do need to make sure you are getting a quality product. Personally I wouldn't bother with Amazon, Ebay or even Holland & Barratts. Mine costs me almost £30 a month for a tiny bottle, but it is well worth it to me.
I also get mine from the same place and would not go anywhere else. I use the blue during for the day for pms / peri - i was going through a period of different symptoms - it really helped me but I seem to have through and have stopped :) but still have a bottle in the cupboard, However, I do take the purple for quality sleep, and omg it works!! It is well worth trying but you do have to give it several weeks to wake up your system.

I vape it. Iv tried the drops but they taste awful. I have EDS and chronic pain and it takes the edge off definitely.
There are different strengths and I can definitely tell the difference. I'm in the UK too.

Helps with anxiety too.

Hm. I’m in the UK and I got mine from holland and barret was taking for a while and it never did anything for me pain wise. Looking at the strength of mine I’m not surprised? It’s less than 3%..

So I am curious how they even sell this in the UK since cannabis isn't even legal? Are they real? I feel like if there is cannabis in it, it wouldn't be strong enough to make a difference.

I am in Canada and cannabis is legal here now so have access to it but I haven't tried it. I have considered it for my endo though.

There is a UK based company called simply-cbd.co.uk who are the most reasonably priced I have found. By law they cannot answer questions, but there is a FB page called Simply CBD Users support where you can ask pretty much anything. They have one product called Aqua you can put in water and sip. I've seen recommendations to eat a chocolate button after putting the drops under your tongue. It's one of the friendliest groups I've ever seen. They also put their profits into canine rescue. I've not ordered from them yet, but am planning in doing so in the next week. I've been doing endless research so far.

I would love to hear from anyone who uses CBD oil for anxiety related insomnia - I’m a bit confused (and sleep deprived) and don’t know where to start 🤔

Reactions: 2
I would love to hear from anyone who uses CBD oil for anxiety related insomnia - I’m a bit confused (and sleep deprived) and don’t know where to start 🤔
I’d try the drops/oil about an hour before bed. Really helps settle me. I use the 5% strength as the 2.75 didn’t do anything for me.

There is a UK based company called simply-cbd.co.uk who are the most reasonably priced I have found. By law they cannot answer questions, but there is a FB page called Simply CBD Users support where you can ask pretty much anything. They have one product called Aqua you can put in water and sip. I've seen recommendations to eat a chocolate button after putting the drops under your tongue. It's one of the friendliest groups I've ever seen. They also put their profits into canine rescue. I've not ordered from them yet, but am planning in doing so in the next week. I've been doing endless research so far.
Hi Mustard, good to see you on another thread!

Did you ever order CBD? I have knee pain both knees, which I am hoping is temporary but suspect not. I have been advised to take ibuprofen but not indefinitely (and I have stopped now) and Voltarol high strength gel, which doesn’t seem helpful. So I am doing some research into what might take the edge off the pain in case I need it soon. I would be interested in your experience.

Or anybody else’s for that matter!

Hi Mustard, good to see you on another thread!

Did you ever order CBD? I have knee pain both knees, which I am hoping is temporary but suspect not. I have been advised to take ibuprofen but not indefinitely (and I have stopped now) and Voltarol high strength gel, which doesn’t seem helpful. So I am doing some research into what might take the edge off the pain in case I need it soon. I would be interested in your experience.

Or anybody else’s for that matter!

I haven’t ordered any yet. But I would still go to the company mentioned above after asking the questions on the FB group before purchasing. Have you tried golden paste? I’ve been taking that and it helps. Easy to make yourself. You keep it in the fridge and it lasts for about two weeks. You can als freeze it.

An Australian vet called Dr. Doug English has a very helpful FB page. It’s suitable for animals and humans. His page is where I got my recipe from. He also has a site called Turmeric Life.
These are the ingredients of his recipe.

1 third cup of raw cold pressed unrefined coconut oil
2-3 tsp freshly Ground black pepper
1 half cup turmeric powder
1 cup water. You might need to add more water.

you make a paste with the powder and water by bringing to a boil and then simmering for up to ten minutes. After it is cooled, add the oil and pepper. Store in fridge. Start out with a quarter teaspoon of the paste if new to it.

Best to go to his site and have a look round.

I just managed to attach what I was unable to before!
5BCE3A89-ABA3-49F6-8408-595592F65BDC.jpeg

Last edited:
I haven’t ordered any yet. But I would still go to the company mentioned above after asking the questions on the FB group before purchasing. Have you tried golden paste? I’ve been taking that and it helps. Easy to make yourself. You keep it in the fridge and it lasts for about two weeks. You can als freeze it.

An Australian vet called Dr. Doug English has a very helpful FB page. It’s suitable for animals and humans. His page is where I got my recipe from. He also has a site called Turmeric Life.
These are the ingredients of his recipe.

1 third cup of raw cold pressed unrefined coconut oil
2-3 tsp freshly Ground black pepper
1 half cup turmeric powder
1 cup water. You might need to add more water.

you make a paste with the powder and water by bringing to a boil and then simmering for up to ten minutes. After it is cooled, add the oil and pepper. Store in fridge. Start out with a quarter teaspoon of the paste if new to it.

Best to go to his site and have a look round.

I just managed to attach what I was unable to before!View attachment 950397
Thanks Mustard. I am fact finding for the moment. I have a physio next week and I am going to ask for an X-ray, one of them is an injury with arthritis underneath it, the other is arthritis I think. (I take tumeric, I used to get a pain at top of foot and it went when I take it so I do rate it but nothing bar painkiller is touching the sides at the moment.)

To follow up: my dog is still taking CBD for arthritis and managing her pain well.
I had a pinched nerve in my back and it really helped. It didn't get rid of the pain, but it got rid of my response to the pain if that make sense. It made my response to pain much calmer and in that way I could manage the pain until I could get treatment. I have tried it for anxiety and no response. I have spoken to a lot of CBD dealers and they all claim they it take a lot of trials to find the one that works for you.