Cats The Musical Movie

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I might stream it illegally like I did re-frozen 😂😂😂

And turn it off after 3 minutes
I turned Into the Woods off after 4 minutes, the constant "into the woods" done my head right in

Cats looks awful as a movie. I’ve never seen it on stage (although want to!) but my understanding of it is that on stage it is just humans with very good facepaint and some leotards? The CGI versions really push it into uncanny valley for me, don’t think I would go and watch it because of that (even though I do really want to get into musicals/musical theatre) because it looks so bloody weird! Doesn’t translate into film 😬
I absolutely LOVE Cats, it's my favourite and your right about it being humans in leotards. However, whenever I've seen it, I have to sit up on the balcony part as I also have an unexplainable fear of humans dressed as animals and the Cats come off stage into the audience 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It’s the mix of cat/human facial features that does it for me. Do CGI for the sets etc. but they should have made the cats look like they do on the stage version.

Another weird bit is Swifty shaking her boobs as a cat...erm why?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
*whispers*

I don't even like the cats musical! Think it's over rated. 😬

This film version looks absolutely shite! What the hell have they done?!

Reactions: 4
Some of the reviews make me want to see it, but not I'm paying £12.50..

It takes some ambitious swings and works on its own terms in fits and starts, all while not really working at all.

C is probably the grade this cinematic lunacy deserves

Cats is an insane musical experiment gone wrong.

As a big-budget spectacle, it’s a triumphant disaster, if one at least born from a unique idea.

It's almost unfathomable that this one made it through all the preliminary production meetings without someone sensibly calling a halt to the process by saying, "Wait a minute, those kitties are damn creepy!"

Here’s the thing, though: Cats still makes no f.cking sense.

It’s warbling warbling warbling piffle.

This adaptation gets straight to the heart of the material, which is basically two hours of stray cats introducing themselves.

Do people still use torrents? asking for a friend

The original productions basically saved the theatre economy both in the UK and Broadway at a time when musicals were a struggling, post Fosse etc. I have alot of respect for that and the balls of the creative team for staging something which by there own admission was a ridiculous idea. But something about it worked, there's some magic there that gave it huge runs and billions in box office, and made theatre merch a thing. Good, bad or indifferent, I think everyone would admit it has something that captured people's imagination. 4 year old me certainly fell in love enough that it kick started a love of theatre and dance and ultimately a career in theatre direction. I haven't seen the film yet, I will, because I think it's unfair to have an opinion without seeing the whole thing. But I worry it lacks the magic that made the stage production such a hit

Reactions: 2
Whenever I see the trailer for this I have a chuckle because James Corden being in it reminds me of when Cam from modern family did it 🤭
MF-S4E09.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I could go into huge depth about it and really dissect it, but for me, bigger than the CGI, the most damaging thing was the lack of Gillian Lynnes choreography. I'm surprised Andrew Lloyd Webber let that happen honestly. What the film lacks is a coherent energy. That came from the choreography. They didn't replace it with anything.

All i know about Cats is from an old advert that was on a vhs i had. It was for the video of the live show and i remember it going on forever and knowing i never wanted to watch it.

Arent they planing to re edit the film before its out on dvd due to the story not making sense or something?

• Haha
I found two but they’re not the best quality.... I’m typing in 9, not because it’s illegal, because I’m embarrassed I looked. 😐
I downloaded one, and it kept doing this throughout. Not sure if it improves it or not. I didn't bother watching

PSX_20191231_175320.jpg

This trailer and this cat video are why I'd never have another one

Well what does the daft mare expect?! That poor cat was probably scared stiff seeing her suddenly emerging from what looks to him like a box, not surprised it became defensive. Cats may be domesticated but they still have wild instincts - and no I don't have a shred of sympathy for her "bleeding", hardly a trip to A&E is it? Really despair of the intelligence of some people.