Cats The Musical Movie

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmm. Im torn here....
Cats is my favourite musical ever.
Cant see how the film can do justice to it
Will still go watch though πŸ˜‰

Am I the only one excited to see this πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚.
I just hope they have kept rum tum tuggers original song when I went to see it again a few years back they had tried to update it to a rap kind of song which completely ruined it for me. Also can they duck off keep casting James cordon in stuff that bloke pisses me right off
nope I’m actually really excited to see this gutted it’s not out till December. I am however a massive musical fan and cats is one of my favs πŸ™ˆ

I just hope they have kept rum tum tuggers original song when I went to see it again a few years back they had tried to update it to a rap kind of song which completely ruined it for me. Also can they duck off keep casting James cordon in stuff that bloke pisses me right off
Ngl, I didn't love the bits we heard of Memory. It just sounded so... strained? Forced? Not sure exactly what I'm trying to say but whatever it is, it doesn't suit Jennifer Hudson's voice and I'm disappointed.

But mostly commenting to say... the f'king rap that they turned Rum Tum Tugger's song into! Oh my god. It was SO BAD. The original is such a great version, I couldn't believe they ruined it!

Cats has been one of my favourite musicals all my life, I wore out my cassette tape and then bought it on dvd 🀣 It was the first show I ever saw as a kid and, as someone who already loved cats (as in the animals, heh), I was obsessed. So when a friend wanted someone to go see the show with, I was all πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈ yes please.

She'd never seen it before and didn't like it and I ranted about that stupid rap song for DAYS! lmao.

I really want this movie to be good 🀞🏻

Ngl, I didn't love the bits we heard of Memory. It just sounded so... strained? Forced? Not sure exactly what I'm trying to say but whatever it is, it doesn't suit Jennifer Hudson's voice and I'm disappointed.

But mostly commenting to say... the f'king rap that they turned Rum Tum Tugger's song into! Oh my god. It was SO BAD. The original is such a great version, I couldn't believe they ruined it!

Cats has been one of my favourite musicals all my life, I wore out my cassette tape and then bought it on dvd 🀣 It was the first show I ever saw as a kid and, as someone who already loved cats (as in the animals, heh), I was obsessed. So when a friend wanted someone to go see the show with, I was all πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈ yes please.

She'd never seen it before and didn't like it and I ranted about that stupid rap song for DAYS! lmao.

I really want this movie to be good 🀞🏻
I'm laughing reading your reply because I'm so glad someone felt as strongly as I did about it lol. Rum tum tugger is known for being sexy and a bit of a ladies man if your going to change him for anything current make him a bit more smooth and pop like or just don't change it at all because if it ain't broke.

Reactions: 1
They've managed to release trailers with virtually no singing. For an entirely sung through musical. Which it won't be now. But that seems questionable to me. And the sizing is all wrong, they are tint tiny miniature cats when you see the stuff around them. Cats was the first show I saw as a very young child, it ignited a life long love of theatre but the filmed stage version is already better than this. I'd love to be wrong

Whaaaat?? They have β€œrapified” Rum Tum Tugger song?!!!
Jeez. That’s my fave bit too
Wasnt Paul Nicholas RT in the early musicals?
Im sure he is singing on my Cats soundtrack😊

Everytime I see Cats that's the only song that comes into my head. 😊 'the rum tum tugger is a curious cat'.

John Partridge is the best Tugger, I saw him go on as an understudy. I'm that old, and he was incredible, it's no surprise he's in the filmed stage version

• Heart
Reactions: 2
John Partridge is the best Tugger, I saw him go on as an understudy. I'm that old, and he was incredible, it's no surprise he's in the filmed stage version
He's the reason I watched it in the first place I fancied him at the time. πŸ˜†

I saw the trailer in the cinema the other day and its more horrific on the big screen.

• Haha
Cats looks awful as a movie. I’ve never seen it on stage (although want to!) but my understanding of it is that on stage it is just humans with very good facepaint and some leotards? The CGI versions really push it into uncanny valley for me, don’t think I would go and watch it because of that (even though I do really want to get into musicals/musical theatre) because it looks so bloody weird! Doesn’t translate into film 😬

My partner met John Partridge at the stage door when he was in Cats. However, he didn't even realise until I pointed it out to him in a YouTube clip of the performance he saw 🀣🀣

I was excited to see it until I saw knobby Cordon is in it πŸ™ˆ

The reviews of this are terrible, looks like it’s as bad as the trailer suggested!
16% on rotten tomatoes.

What happens in 2019 when a movie flops? Can it be out to buy in a few weeks? I would happily use my google play credits to buy this, but I'm not going to a cinema.

I wont pay anything to see it and will wait til its on tv, but I hope more clips are put on youtube cos the reviews are v entertaining.