Casualty

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The end of Saturday’s one said “the next Casualty will be shown at a later date” or something like that so maybe they’re moving it?
I’ve just seen something that says 2 eps were to be shown on Saturday there but I think we (Scotland) only got one. So this must be the 2nd. Something to do with Eurovision apparently 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’ve just seen something that says 2 eps were to be shown on Saturday there but I think we (Scotland) only got one. So this must be the 2nd. Something to do with Eurovision apparently 🤣
Ah that makes sense! I’ve only recently started watching it, what a cheek they’ve got fannying about with it 😂

Oooh, just seen Saturday's trailer, rosa is possibly poisoning ollie 😱
I love having Iain back, not sure on the new doctor yet!
What are people thinking about Jacob's New relationship?

I much preferred Connie and Jacob together, I just wish for once a couple on the show actually stayed together. It seems they’re building up to David and Rosa breaking up. Especially if they have her try and harm David’s son.

I'm got weird vibes from Jacobs new girlfriend but maybe cos I just liked Connie and jacob.

Reactions: 6
The dialogue seems so poor at times

Also, I really don’t like the way they have done the ‘rewind’ as the dialogue from Jacob is the same but the girl’s reaction is different. Suppose it shows that she’s pushing boundaries and standing back, but it low-key comes off as Jacob being the controlling one instead

Reactions: 3
The dialogue seems so poor at times

Also, I really don’t like the way they have done the ‘rewind’ as the dialogue from Jacob is the same but the girl’s reaction is different. Suppose it shows that she’s pushing boundaries and standing back, but it low-key comes off as Jacob being the controlling one instead
Today’s episode really confused me. It reminded me of one from years ago when Dr Hanna was there and she kept going over her mistakes treating a little girl. That episode was done a lot better.
Edit- upon reflection I think the episode was trying to show how victims of abuse have to overthink everything they say in order to not piss off their abuser. I think the ending was showing how no matter how hard they try, sometimes nothing can get them out of the situation.

Last edited:
Today’s episode really confused me. It reminded me of one from years ago when Dr Hanna was there and she kept going over her mistakes treating a little girl. That episode was done a lot better.
They really could have gotten the same message across without all of the ‘what ifs’

Generally, it would have been easy to incorporate both of the choices through the episode. Realising that standing up for yourself doesn’t work, it would have been interesting to see Jacob go with trying to talk to Tina in a calmer manner and then just going along with it because there’s not much other choice. Instead it’s just a ‘what if’ situation where he engaged her with a slightly aggressive tone which at times made him look slightly abusive/controlling

Plus the whole thing became so distracting. I was literally waiting for ‘decision’ to come up after every exchange between them

They really could have gotten the same message across without all of the ‘what ifs’

Generally, it would have been easy to incorporate both of the choices through the episode. Realising that standing up for yourself doesn’t work, it would have been interesting to see Jacob go with trying to talk to Tina in a calmer manner and then just going along with it because there’s not much other choice. Instead it’s just a ‘what if’ situation where he engaged her with a slightly aggressive tone which at times made him look slightly abusive/controlling

Plus the whole thing became so distracting. I was literally waiting for ‘decision’ to come up after every exchange between them
I enjoyed the episode for being a bit different but agree I spent most of the time waiting for the next "decision" to come up. I thought it was a bit confusing as it wasn't clear which scenario actually happened and therefore what drove his decision at the next point.

I did think it was effective in showing Tina's behaviour and how she manipulated him differently depending on how he approached her. It showed that someone who is manipulative and abusive uses different techniques to exercise control.

I think it would have been better to show him challenging her in the beginning then slowly changing to a "keep the peace" approach by the end.

It all seemed very full on and rushed though. I've not been a regular viewer recently so may have missed the build up to this but it all seemed rather sudden.

It was odd the episode and as said it was unclear which scenario was the real one, it feels like a big rush not much build up

Jesus, that was spectacularly horrific

can’t believe lev and fenisha have gone, very eastenders like deaths. Poor Ethan, he’s been through so much. Wish they’d kill off that Matthew though, he’s insufferable. Wonder what next week’s anniversary ep will bring

Reactions: 2