Carrie Hope Fletcher #51 Joel is wearing a bag for life, but Carrie still swears she'll be his wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly don't understand why Joel thought it would be a good idea to take her to DLP. I'm not a Disney person so don't come for this opinion, but from the way people are describing it, it sounds pretty run down for what you pay. It's like if someone was used to going to a luxurious tropical beach vacation on a resort every year, and you took them to a cold pebbly beach because you were like "I heard you like beaches, huh?"

Fair enough if they didn't want to grub for an Orlando Disney trip or pay for it out of pocket, but they live in Europe for Chirssake. There's so many wonderful cities/countries nearby they could have visited that would make for a better trip than DLP in January.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I know a lot of people are saying Carrie must be having doubts/getting the ick by now, but is there anyone else who - like me - thinks that's not the case?

I'm convinced she's still deep in her fantasy land where Joel is her goofy Jack Black soulmate and they are #couplegoalz. Girl wanted to be engaged, obsessed over, made to feel "not like other girls" ...to me it just feels like she's dragged Joel into the proverbial echo chamber of praise she's been building for years and bolted the door shut 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Congratulations to @onasidequest as a reward you don't have to marry Joel!!!
Natch. So close with the elderly toddlers.

This holiday sitcom thread is moving too fast so I’ll get in early.

As he’s only mentioned it 70 times, so far, here’s one for the one man walking innuendo:

Carrie Hope Fletcher #52 Carrie hopes to be his bride but Joel’s just in it for the ‘ride’.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
Re: all the selfie with fans shares. Disney is a well known breeding ground for West End wannabes looking for performing roles. If you click through on these reposts, they all say Cast Member in their bios. It’s likely that stagey people will know who they are - the Venn diagram of Disney adults and stage wannabes is basically a circle.

What I’m trying to say is that it’s not a reflective cut of the general population, DLP is predisposed to being full of brits who follow theatreland. It’s probably why Cazza will come away from this trip saying she’s had the best time ever 🤮

Reactions: 20
I honestly don't understand why Joel thought it would be a good idea to take her to DLP. I'm not a Disney person so don't come for this opinion, but from the way people are describing it, it sounds pretty run down for what you pay. It's like if someone was used to going to a luxurious tropical beach vacation on a resort every year, and you took them to a cold pebbly beach because you were like "I heard you like beaches, huh?"

Fair enough if they didn't want to grub for an Orlando Disney trip or pay for it out of pocket, but they live in Europe for Chirssake. There's so many wonderful cities/countries nearby they could have visited that would make for a better trip than DLP in January.
They must be freezing being outside all day long. I would refuse to go even for free this time of the year. Can't imagine that she is truly enjoying it.

Reactions: 7
They must be freezing being outside all day long. I would refuse to go even for free this time of the year. Can't imagine that she is truly enjoying it.
It’s not bad at all, they’ve just gone when all the building work is done and during the the quietest few weeks when they do as much refurb as they can plus bad weather. DLP is known to be the prettiest Disney park, each one has its own selling points. It must suck though when you’ve done Florida, not like a normal person but with a VIP tour guide so you’ve reslly experienced the best of Disney to then go to off season DLP. One of the reasons people like paris over florida is not having to plan, no pre booking, no worrying about reservations, lightening lanes, genie plus, booking things 6 months in advance and 3 hour queues. Carrie never had any of that due to her VIP guides.

I can believe lots of people recognise her, lots of cross over between musical and Disney fans plus they are constantly posting Disney stuff on Social media to let people know they are there.

I can’t believe they went to CINDERELLAS INN, where you pay for Cinderella, her mice and a couple of other princesses to come to your table and instead of waiting for that, Joel has filmed a child meeting Cinderella to make a joke about can’t get away from Cinderella. Was he bored waiting with Carrie? At least blur the child’s face if you can’t wait for Cinderella to come to you to make the video.

• Sick
Reactions: 22
Joel seems to have completely taken over the joint account in his desperate quest to be a Disney influencer...Trouble is he/they do it so badly. The whole place looks drab and miserable, and not particularly appealing at all. The job of an influencer is to make it look great , fun and exciting whatever the circumstances, that's the skill, and Joel just hasn't got it , as someone on here said he's giving off weird Uncle vibes, and to be honest Carrie looks like the bored niece trying sooo hard to enjoy it, just to please her over exciitable odd Uncle. It all looks very forced. Also if they are going for the couple thing, there's just no sexual chemistry between them at all. It's all very depressing.

Reactions: 29
I hope y‘all are already preparing yourselves for the Return of the Speedos when they’re at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland 😎

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Seriously, is this DLP trip just an excuse to be a couple of narcissistic arseholes by showing off how many little people got excited meeting them? Why the need to repost every single one? Madness.

Reactions: 12
It’s not bad at all, they’ve just gone when all the building work is done and during the the quietest few weeks when they do as much refurb as they can plus bad weather. DLP is known to be the prettiest Disney park, each one has its own selling points. It must suck though when you’ve done Florida, not like a normal person but with a VIP tour guide so you’ve really experienced the best of Disney to then go to off season DLP. One of the reasons people like paris over florida is not having to plan, no pre booking, no worrying about reservations, lightening lanes, genie plus, booking things 6 months in advance and 3 hour queues. Carrie never had any of that due to her VIP guides.
Luckily for them, the only major ride that is shut this week is 'It's A Small World' which has been closed for major refurb the last year and is set to re-open in the Spring. I went with my family in Feb Half term it was so cold the Lake Disney was frozen over but we still had a great time. It's magical provided it's not heaving with people! Even though it has been busier over the last 9 months due to restrictions being lifted and with capacity capped at likely max 75% of potential park occupancy, most of the time, the queues are not much more than 45mins-1hr. Pre-pandemic some of the more popular rides were more than 1.5-2hrs long.

It's quite sad how a fair number of people say that their day is made by meeting a vlogger or 'celebrity' whilst at the parks, like that was the highlight! You are at Disney FFS!

Reactions: 18
Can't help feeling like the bingo card is giving them ideas for selfie ideas. Because we know how predictable they are. Not an original thought in either of their clammy heads.

Reactions: 12
I actually think that Carrie on her own could've made it as a Disney influencer. All of her vlogs and photos (pre-Joel) do a good job of framing the parks as magical and fun and someplace you want to go with the people you love. She always looked genuinely thrilled to be there.
Joel on the other hand makes everything he touches look cheap, bland, and tacky. Disney isn't going to want an obnoxious twit like him representing their brand in any way.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.