Carrie Hope Fletcher #39 On the 12th day of Joelmas my true love gave to me… a lifetime of co-dependency

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If the Rituals bag is 'smellies' I wonder if her card will say something about him getting his you know what nice and clean for her return :D

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Surely the Hamilton producers will notice he’s conveniently off sick the whole time his fiancé is on holiday???

• Haha
Reactions: 48
What’s the box that he seems to prop everything up against in his videos? If that’s day 12 then that’s a bit weird to have it there all the time

Reactions: 5
These threads are moving so fast. I can't wait for Carrie to get back and their reunion 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just have to say I’m thankful someone else heard the “peacefully” at the end of the card. I was questioning my ears again …
I was wondering in the beginning if he had gotten the Covid vaccine and was feeling a little worse for west and they just said flu.
At 9 days, my new theory is that he has Covid, and these gifts were last minute because she knew he had to stay home. Again … could be sweet if they had kept it private. He could not be announcing he has Covid for a million reasons.

Reactions: 13
Surely the Hamilton producers will notice he’s conveniently off sick the whole time his fiancé is on holiday???
Surely they'll notice he's too 'sick' to come onstage for 10 minutes but he's well enough to spend time recording, editing and uploading videos to his socials.

Which, as so many influences claim, is an actual job.

Therefore, he's not turning into his job, but he's able to do his "side hustle".

That's grounds for a warning in every workplace I've ever been in.

Reactions: 23
Yes but they will understand that he’s needed this 12 days off to surprise completely renovate ‘their’ house into The North Pole in time for Christmas.
And also to sob loudly into his pile of presents.

On a separate note, love how he broke into song in the video then quickly admonished himself as his voice is not well.

There’s
Nothing
Wrong
With
Him

• Haha
Reactions: 28
On a separate note, love how he broke into song in the video then quickly admonished himself as his voice is not well.

There’s
Nothing
Wrong
With
Him
hahahah I noticed this too! So weirdly performative. I'm a trained singer, and if I know my voice isn't well, I wouldn't just sing randomly for the sake of it, maybe that's just me taking it seriously but if I have pain in my throat I wouldn't subject myself to sing. I really don't think he's ill (or THAT ill) at all

Reactions: 6
Lurker here, sorry but I’m very new to posting here. I used to have a very positive opinion of her for a long time, but that kinda changed when I read her books. I’m probably very late to this and I’m sure you must have talked about this here already, but oh boy her books reveal so much about her. It’s sickening. And they directly contradict a lot of things she has said in her videos, so… is she actually outright lying about some of the theatre stuff she says on YouTube or Instagram?

She clearly took inspiration from her own relationships in On The Other Side and When The Curtain Falls, so she’ll probably use elements of her and Joel’s relationship in one of her next books, or the breakup with Oliver, or both. Not looking forward to that.

Also I can’t really glance over her continued support for Harry Potter while claiming to be a trans ally and her support for Nestlé. That company is pure evil. Not only does she use the products, she also actively endorses them and works with the brand (remember when she posted about her gifted Nespresso advent calendar every day?). Yikes.

But anyway. Not sure if this is the place to talk about her books and what it reveals about her as an actress and as a person, but I’m constantly switching between worrying about her und being annoyed with her. People are complex and not one's perfect, but I don’t like the way she uses her platform sometimes. I can unfollow her if I don’t like her content, but she shouldn’t be endorsing franchises or companies that do so much harm and that goes beyond just not liking her content.

Reactions: 38
For those just joining, nothing much to re-cap except Joel is still doing his 12 Days of Joel and seems to be on the verge of a nervous breakdown because he is without his beloved fiancée
His presents are so mediocre. Seriously, we're talking Secret Santa type gifts that you'd buy a colleague you don't know that well

Carrie still living her best life at Disney, she looks far happier than she ever has with Joel.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
A friend of a friend is leaving for Disney in Orlando today and I was reminded that it’s the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Nov 3-6. They have a sorts of different races.
Maybe that’s on Carrie’s to do list?

Reactions: 3
Quick recap from @The Downfall of Us All

Most of the previous thread is about Joel's 12 days of Christmas. Here are some thoughts (that the majority of us share):
- what the duck
- why does he suck air through his teeth like that?
- what’s with the weird head flop thing that he does in his cringe videos?
- I reckon he’s one of those guys who acts proper simp-y, love bombs and then is awful in reality
- he’s such an ick
- Carrie, the ultra feminist is going to get married to someone who has stances like he does surrounding SA. (Prince) Charming 🙃
- why did I decide to read these threads?! you guys are quick 😂
- I reiterate, what the duck

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Lurker here, sorry but I’m very new to posting here. I used to have a very positive opinion of her for a long time, but that kinda changed when I read her books. I’m probably very late to this and I’m sure you must have talked about this here already, but oh boy her books reveal so much about her. It’s sickening. And they directly contradict a lot of things she has said in her videos, so… is she actually outright lying about some of the theatre stuff she says on YouTube or Instagram?

She clearly took inspiration from her own relationships in On The Other Side and When The Curtain Falls, so she’ll probably use elements of her and Joel’s relationship in one of her next books, or the breakup with Oliver, or both. Not looking forward to that.

Also I can’t really glance over her continued support for Harry Potter while claiming to be a trans ally and her support for Nestlé. That company is pure evil. Not only does she use the products, she also actively endorses them and works with the brand (remember when she posted about her gifted Nespresso advent calendar every day?). Yikes.

But anyway. Not sure if this is the place to talk about her books and what it reveals about her as an actress and as a person, but I’m constantly switching between worrying about her und being annoyed with her. People are complex and not one's perfect, but I don’t like the way she uses her platform sometimes. I can unfollow her if I don’t like her content, but she shouldn’t be endorsing franchises or companies that do so much harm and that goes beyond just not liking her content.
Yeah, her books are what started to put me off her too. I only read her first one and tried to brush it off as just "not my cup of tea" but there's a lot of weird tokenism and misogyny that's hard to ignore. I like an unlikable protagonist as much as the next gal, but I don't think that's what she was going for 🤣

I feel like Carrie tells her audience (loudly) that she's one thing - feminist, queer ally, etc. But her behaviour often says the opposite - e.g supporting JK, writing awful female characters. Or, at least, that she only engages with these issues in a surface level and performative way. I doubt she'd actively wish harm on trans folks but she'll accept a freebie or buy HP merch because she prioritizes her own happiness. These contradictions are what makes her so frustrating imo.

Reactions: 32
Yeah, her books are what started to put me off her too. I only read her first one and tried to brush it off as just "not my cup of tea" but there's a lot of weird tokenism and misogyny that's hard to ignore. I like an unlikable protagonist as much as the next gal, but I don't think that's what she was going for 🤣

I feel like Carrie tells her audience (loudly) that she's one thing - feminist, queer ally, etc. But her behaviour often says the opposite - e.g supporting JK, writing awful female characters. Or, at least, that she only engages with these issues in a surface level and performative way. I doubt she'd actively wish harm on trans folks but she'll accept a freebie or buy HP merch because she prioritizes her own happiness. These contradictions are what makes her so frustrating imo.
If you only read her first book... just be glad you didn't read any of the others. I actually didn't hate One The Other Side. It read like a debut of someone who didn't spend enough time learning their craft, but it I found some elements quite charming. I thought oh, this was quite okay, and because writers usually get better the more books they write, I bought her next two books. And oh boy. Ooooooh boy. So much to talk about. I don't even know where to begin.

I might explain my issues with her books later, depending on how busy I am, but there is so much to talk about. I read three of her books and they told me more about her than I ever wanted to know.

Reactions: 20
If you only read her first book... just be glad you didn't read any of the others. I actually didn't hate One The Other Side. It read like a debut of someone who didn't spend enough time learning their craft, but it I found some elements quite charming. I thought oh, this was quite okay, and because writers usually get better the more books they write, I bought her next two books. And oh boy. Ooooooh boy. So much to talk about. I don't even know where to begin.

I might explain my issues with her books later, depending on how busy I am, but there is so much to talk about. I read three of her books and they told me more about her than I ever wanted to know.
I think the first novel was the only one she ever tried with. I remember her posting a lot more back then about her brainstorming, the notebooks where she planned it out, all of that. After that I think she realised her books would sell regardless of how much effort she put in, and started treating them like cash grabs/achievement boxes to check. (And I agree about her first book being terrible. It was just a bunch of character descriptions and plot summaries mashed together in the shape of a book. All tell, no show. And don't get me started on all the awkward, ham-fisted explanations of all the sexualities that existed, for ~inclusivity~, or the insulting and uneducated use of what she calls magical realism).

Her books are one of the things that bother me most about her, so I'll look forward to your thoughts if you ever share them, haha. There's just something so frustrating about watching someone mindlessly churn out the lowest quality drivel ever, clearly never take writing seriously anymore or working on her craft (or at least coming up with cheesy but entertaining stories, like, they're so boring too??? Wouldn't even make for a fun fanfiction type of read), and then going around smugly bragging about being an "author". She's yet another Youtuber who got book deals, but seems to think she's a special case somehow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Tom and G ( who I actually like sorry 😂) have been uncharacteristally quiet on SM since they’ve been at Disneyworld. If Joel is struggling with 12 whole days away from her, how the flip is he going to cope once she’s back and straight into panto rehearsals then two show days. She better do a trolley dash in Tescos for another bunch of tat

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Edit: sorry if that’s already been posted, the CHF threads move with speed 😬 can’t keep up!

Ain’t that the truth!
Omg I can’t believe Jason’s comment has 100 likes on it hahahaha. Again just goes to show that it’s not only Carrie’s ‘hAtERs’ who find all of this weird and cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.