Carrie Hope Fletcher #27 Live, Laugh, Love Out Loud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Disney movies and would love to go to WDW at least once (only been to Disneyland Paris) but a cruise would be worst for me. Even on a massive ship I'd feel too trapped and regimented.
But each to their own!

I don’t think leaving the kids with the grandparents for a couple of days so she can go and work is that bad.

They probably love spending time with them and if Gi has commitments on the ship she won’t be constantly having to leave them whenever needed. Not sure why Carrie has had to tag along though but guess anything for a freebie. Maybe she will meet a hot Donald Duck on board and bin off Joel
Yeah I assumed it was because Gi is technically there for work.
Carrie obviously jumped at the chance to have a free Disney holiday!

Reactions: 3
So I was reading something about the Disney Wish, the brand new cruise ship they're on doesn't actually have a maiden voyage until the 14th? So I'm wondering if they left the kids to do the social media/vlogging part of the holiday for a day to check out the new boat. I could definitely see Disney doing a docked soft launch/press day..

In that case it would make sense to leave kids behind as they would probably be bored out of their mind touring a boat all day while their parents take pictures.

Reactions: 5
Is Joel back on after having Covid? My fiancée and I are at the Hamilton matinee and we’re a bit far back but it sounds/looks like he’s on.

So I was reading something about the Disney Wish, the brand new cruise ship they're on doesn't actually have a maiden voyage until the 14th? So I'm wondering if they left the kids to do the social media/vlogging part of the holiday for a day to check out the new boat. I could definitely see Disney doing a docked soft launch/press day..

In that case it would make sense to leave kids behind as they would probably be bored out of their mind touring a boat all day while their parents take pictures.
Yeah they’ve been doing press trips to Castaway cay and back since last week. I imagine that’s why the kids are not invited.

Reactions: 6

That's a good point! I thought it would be a full cruise with destinations and events for kids but as it seems to be a press event situation with no kids that I can see I totally get leaving the kids now. I rescind my previous statement!

My cousin and his husband are currently on their cruise. Disney does media/testing trips before the official first sailing. He works for Disney cruise lines, so they invite the cast members and their families on as well as media people. Kids are welcome on board during these sailings, but maybe she had too many things to do with work? Lol my cousin got a selfie w Carrie. He has no idea who she is, but I texted him as soon as I saw they were on and sent him a pic of her and said she has big orange hair, you can’t miss her and literally sent me their pic together 3 minutes later 😂😂😂😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I will post the pics after the cruise, because I know she lurks and don’t want her to know we have a secret mole on board! 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My cousin and his husband are currently on their cruise. Disney does media/testing trips before the official first sailing. He works for Disney cruise lines, so they invite the cast members and their families on as well as media people. Kids are welcome on board during these sailings, but maybe she had too many things to do with work? Lol my cousin got a selfie w Carrie. He has no idea who she is, but I texted him as soon as I saw they were on and sent him a pic of her and said she has big orange hair, you can’t miss her and literally sent me their pic together 3 minutes later 😂😂😂😂.
“Big orange hair you can’t miss her” is one of the greatest things I’ve ever read💀💀😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 29
As a bigger girl the double breasted jacket would’ve looked worse!
re: hair didn’t Carrie say it was her choice to cut it. Nothing to do with the production team ?
I’m pretty sure she was asked to cut it by the production and Carrie agreed to do it. Proof of the lack of training there- most drama students are told there is no need to cut or dye their hair for a role, wigs exist for a reason! Women are mostly told to keep their hair long as it’s easier to do stuff with.

Reactions: 4
Wigs, particularly those for theatre normally don’t come cheap, so unless one that fitted their aesthetic design existed it would’ve been a costly investment for a limited low cost run of a show.

But there is still so much they could have done which meant she didn’t look like a toddler.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I’m pretty sure she was asked to cut it by the production and Carrie agreed to do it. Proof of the lack of training there- most drama students are told there is no need to cut or dye their hair for a role, wigs exist for a reason! Women are mostly told to keep their hair long as it’s easier to do stuff with.
Oh the Smiffy wig, gone but not forgotten.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I went snooping and as far as I can tell Joel was on today and it was him we saw, if anyone wants a Joel as George review…he has a nice voice, very camp to the point it was distracting.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I went snooping and as far as I can tell Joel was on today and it was him we saw, if anyone wants a Joel as George review…he has a nice voice, very camp to the point it was distracting.
I was just going too ask how he was and what you thought about his performance!

I was just going too ask how he was and what you thought about his performance!
We managed to get cheap tickets for the matinee before seeing My Fair Lady this evening so thought might as well even if we’re right at the back so I wasn’t sure because most white blokes look the same to me 😂

After chatting it out, my other half said she thought he was a bit much at times though neither of us could really fault him for his singing. He definitely got some laughs but he was egging the audience on a lot and gurning about. I’ve never seen the show, I’ve only listened to the album and I might watch the Disney+ recording to compare but at one point he was doing some really distracting dancing to the side while one of the actors was singing.

I don’t know if it’s the way he’s been directed, like I said he’s a talented singer and made people chuckle and maybe it’s not my sense of humour but I was a bit like er take it down a notch mate I don’t think this bit is supposed to be funny. He made everyone clap for him which I thought was a bit cringe too.

Sorry for the babble but Shan Ako was an amazing Eliza, special shout out to her I loved her in the role and I liked the actor playing Hamilton’s voice more than Lin’s.

Reactions: 15
I only know Jonathan Groff in the role (from the official filmed version) and he was camp too but I thought his acting was so good that it wasn’t distracting. Mind you, Jonathan Groff is an excellent actor (if you haven’t watched Mindhunter yet, please do, he’s amazing in it).

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Maybe the kids were unable to cruise so been left with grandparents back at WDW. Dcl required all passengers age 5 and over to be fully vaccinated.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.