Carrie Hope Fletcher #23 Joel is King, but Ollie’s not jealous - his new girl has a lovely roof terrace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So shall we predict when the engagement announcement will be? I’m expecting it to be by Halloween.

Reactions: 20
Recap...where to begin

-Last Tuesday (let the record show this was precisely SEVEN (7) DAYS AGO) Carrie posts a scene from The Holiday that takes place right after Kate Winslet kisses Jack Black for the first time with no caption to her Instagram story
-Joel Montague, a fellow MT performer, posts a caption-less kissing gif of Mickey and Minnie Mouse to his Instagram stories at the same time
-Carrie apologizes for being ""quiet"" (??) on social media but states she's been "plunged into happiness"
-Joel Montague confirms via Instagram and Facebook post that he and Carrie are dating
-Carrie states in a Q&A she's "the happiest she's ever been" and specifies she's not basing her happiness of being in a relationship, and states she "found her happy before being in a relationship", despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary including but not limited to: 1)crying on stage during a song about a break up and 2) claiming she was "feeling wobbly" only a single week prior.
-Carrie specifies SHE slid into Joel's DMs and states she's had a crush on him since 2014, fooling no one. Mentions she's looking forward to vacationing with her "favourite person by her side"
-Oliver states he's happy for them and claims he sent Carrie a message congratulating them, begins to post more pictures from a flat strongly believed to belong to his new girlfriend, Alessia McDermott
-Joel has already begun posting videos in a casual hoodie from Carrie's kitchen

Hell of a week

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I know we’ve been chatting a lot but isn’t it meant to be #23 or have I missed 30 threads and Carrie and Joel are married with a baby and cringe you tube channel and book about parenting (as I predict they will by actual thread 53!!)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I know we’ve been chatting a lot but isn’t it meant to be #23 or have I missed 30 threads and Carrie and Joel are married with a baby and cringe you tube channel and book about parenting (as I predict they will by actual thread 53!!)
You're right, this should be thread #23...I reckon #53 would have been titled something about their Disney Wedding 😆🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
😂 not sure how that happened! Have requested mods to fix it!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
53 is correct
A week feels like 53 years in CarrieLand

I'm gonna say just in time for Carrie's earth-shattering 30th birthday
Omg you just know she has one of those lists
Must be married by 30

Reactions: 7
Long-time lurker on here; have never commented before :)
I feel like an ass for saying this, but GOD it’s tiring to hear people who’ve consistently been in relationships whine about being single… for the 3 months that they’re IN BETWEEN relationships…

It’s probably just total jealousy on my part, but Carrie has popped from boyfriend to boyfriend with no time in between, gets dumped and makes a big show of I AM SINGLE NOW AND LOVING MY LIFE (totally within her rights to have been thrown for a loop by a breakup and feel like tit about it!) and now she’s just picked up in a new relationship after no time at all! I remember in one of her Instagram stories she was talking about buying a ticket to see a show and was like “why can’t I buy a single seat — come on theaters, help US SINGLE PEOPLE OUT” *massive eye roll*
And talking about how it was easier to play Cinderella when every night she went home to someone; I thought this Cinderella was supposed to be “not like other girls” and badass and cool? And suddenly you feel ugly playing her if you’re not going to home to someone??

As soon as I saw she was in a new relationship I was like “she’s going to whine about how she’s been happy all along but now she’s REALLY happy,” and that’s what she did lol. “I’m not happy BECAUSE of my relationship, but I am always happier IN a relationship obviously!”
I totally agree with folks in the previous thread who said she’s panicky about being single at thirty. That bums me out a lot — she’s successful, she has great friends, she has her own home! If she isn’t pulling her happiness from romantic partners, she’s certainly viewing her self-worth through her partners…

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Long-time lurker on here; have never commented before :)
I feel like an ass for saying this, but GOD it’s tiring to hear people who’ve consistently been in relationships whine about being single… for the 3 months that they’re IN BETWEEN relationships…

It’s probably just total jealousy on my part, but Carrie has popped from boyfriend to boyfriend with no time in between, gets dumped and makes a big show of I AM SINGLE NOW AND LOVING MY LIFE (totally within her rights to have been thrown for a loop by a breakup and feel like tit about it!) and now she’s just picked up in a new relationship after no time at all! I remember in one of her Instagram stories she was talking about buying a ticket to see a show and was like “why can’t I buy a single seat — come on theaters, help US SINGLE PEOPLE OUT” *massive eye roll*
And talking about how it was easier to play Cinderella when every night she went home to someone; I thought this Cinderella was supposed to be “not like other girls” and badass and cool? And suddenly you feel ugly playing her if you’re not going to home to someone??

As soon as I saw she was in a new relationship I was like “she’s going to whine about how she’s been happy all along but now she’s REALLY happy,” and that’s what she did lol. “I’m not happy BECAUSE of my relationship, but I am always happier IN a relationship obviously!”
I totally agree with folks in the previous thread who said she’s panicky about being single at thirty. That bums me out a lot — she’s successful, she has great friends, she has her own home! If she isn’t pulling her happiness from romantic partners, she’s certainly viewing her self-worth through her partners…
I completely agree with this. I had been single for 12 years and just two months ago got into a relationship (still surprised that happened, tbh). I have built myself a great life as a single person, and found it annoying when Carrie acted like she was at the forefront of what living a life as a single person is, the few seconds she could "bear it".

Also, just came over this Tiktok. Fitting:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
I completely agree with this. I had been single for 12 years and just two months ago got into a relationship (still surprised that happened, tbh). I have built myself a great life as a single person, and found it annoying when Carrie acted like she was at the forefront of what living a life as a single person is, the few seconds she could "bear it".
Just wanted to say that I’ve been single since 2011 and - while I’ve definitely made my peace with being by myself indefinitely - your post gives me a little bit of renewed hope! It’s all too easy to feel like you’re the only person in the world who doesn’t have an S.O., and so it’s always a comfort to be reminded that there *are* other folk out there who have been single for a long time, too. I hope your new relationship pans out perfectly! <3

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Hi 5 to other fellow long term singletons! It does definitely rankle when people who have been single for 5 minutes start moaning and groaning about it like it's the most painful thing in the world (ahem Carrie) and how they couldn't possibly bear it for a moment longer, when for many of us that's been our lives for years and years and we don't deserve to be looked down on about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
There’s an irony to cinders singing ‘I was fine on my own’ given Carrie’s rather opposite disposition

Reactions: 11
Just wanted to say that I’ve been single since 2011 and - while I’ve definitely made my peace with being by myself indefinitely - your post gives me a little bit of renewed hope! It’s all too easy to feel like you’re the only person in the world who doesn’t have an S.O., and so it’s always a comfort to be reminded that there *are* other folk out there who have been single for a long time, too. I hope your new relationship pans out perfectly! <3
Gonna ramble on and derail from Carrie here people, apologies in advance:

Your post warms my heart:) Sorry, I edited my original post a looot, but here's a Tiktok I came over just now that is very fitting: https://tattle.life/threads/19920/

The Tiktok algorithm has given me lots of amazing single people, and it was such a comfort to watch their content.
I am 32, and I have quite a few friends who have also been single for years and years. I've been single since 2010.
One piece of advice: try to slowly build up and cultivate your friend group. And hanging out with people who are a few years younger, might mean they are more likely to be single, or more likely to go out and do stuff with you, if that's what you want to do. And I would try to host for big days like New Year's so that I knew I'd have plans.

For the past few years I have been very pleased with my life, built up lots of little friend groups, made a cinema group with my friends, met them all regularly (which I will continue to do while in a relationship. I hate those people who don't take time for their friends when they get into a relationship), but did want a partner as well. I thought I should be realistic, so I was like "not everyone meets someone, and that's ok".

I've dated people here there for like 2 months max, but it's never panned out until now. So a lot of it is just dumb luck, really. I never got anything out of Tinder before, but I actually met her on Tinder.
It really does feel like sheer luck to have ended up in a relationship, but the good thing about meeting as adults is that we've both been to therapy to deal with our stuff years ago, so now we function quite well on our own and together. So the dumb stereotype of "they've been single for so long/forever, they must be fucked up/a loser" is not true at all. Meeting later is a good thing, in my opinion. Less dumb arguements, etc.

Ok, done with my essay of single life activism. I hope your life will continue to be awesome, whatever happens :D

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I mean are we really surprised she's already found someone? After Alex she went right to Pete. Then during/after Pete, she went to Oliver. She's never happy being single. She constantly needs male adoration and validation to make herself believe she's happy. To quote Next to Normal, "Most people who think they're happy are actually just stupid."

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.