Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, I don't think Carrie's vocally up to playing Elphaba at all. And Wicked doesn't need a stunt cast or her social media following. Maybe Carrie might get Elsa on tour or something, but she has excluded herself from a lot of roles by virtue of her ego and limited skills (not much of a dancer, can't read sheet music, lacks drama school training etc)
I’m always surprised she can’t read sheet music. I’ve got no musical talent at all but I learnt to read it at school and it was pretty quick to pick up! (And this was in a crappy council funded secondary school!)

Reactions: 8
I’m always surprised she can’t read sheet music. I’ve got no musical talent at all but I learnt to read it at school and it was pretty quick to pick up! (And this was in a crappy council funded secondary school!)
Tbh I think she’s lying about not reading music. I think she means that she can’t sight sing. She’s played the piano and I think she’s mentioned another instrument before. It would be ridiculous if she hadn’t picked up some basic skills from singing all these years. Very few people can actually sight sing and in pitch. I can sight sing to an extent once I have heard what key it is in. I can’t pick a key out of thin air like true sight singers can- but because I can read a stave it does help with where I need to go next when I sing. Plus, once you know where middle c is on the stave it’s very easy to work out the rest of it. Every time she doubled down about it on that argument with the drama student, the more convinced I became that she was talking about something entirely different.

Reactions: 11
If playing Veronica and Wednesday hurt Carrie’s voice, Elphaba would surely kill it!
Yup! it will because they can't rearrange the score just to suit her voice like they did at heathers, wicked is set in stone.

Reactions: 4
Did she once say her dream role was Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors? I might be confusing her with someone else

Reactions: 5
OMG she's still retweeting understudy stuff this morning, Carrie Nope Pankhurst still battling away there

Reactions: 14
Did she once say her dream role was Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors? I might be confusing her with someone else
She’s mentioned it before and I’m 99% sure she’s said she auditioned for it and didn’t get it, I believe the timing lines up with the last Regents Park Open Air production as I don’t think it’s toured since 2015 maybe even before (I’ve seen both that’s where I’m getting these dates from)

Reactions: 3
I actually watched some of her older videos and she used to mention specific “bucket list roles” like Elphaba and obviously half jokes but was half serious talking about wanting to play Elsa etc, but now I’ve noticed she barley if ever now mentions specific roles she wants to play, it’s just always going on about those she’s done
Probably stopped mentioning them after auditioning and not getting them. Her ego pretends she never wanted them in the first place despite evidence suggesting otherwise. She was probably convinced of landing a role in Frozen.

Reactions: 7
I actually watched some of her older videos and she used to mention specific “bucket list roles” like Elphaba and obviously half jokes but was half serious talking about wanting to play Elsa etc, but now I’ve noticed she barley if ever now mentions specific roles she wants to play, it’s just always going on about those she’s done
Have never watched Frozen but Elsa is always portrayed as quite tall isn't she? Maybe that is just the cartoon version.

Couldn't see ChF fitting into that video that came out the other day with all the global Elsas and Annas appearing in it (linky).

Reactions: 2
Yup! it will because they can't rearrange the score just to suit her voice like they did at heathers, wicked is set in stone.
To be honest, I’m a little surprised she wasn’t up for The Narrator in the Joseph tour, as she seemed to hint towards work for the show, but if it’s back in London next summer, who knows…

Reactions: 6
To be honest, I’m a little surprised she wasn’t up for The Narrator in the Joseph tour, as she seemed to hint towards work for the show, but if it’s back in London next summer, who knows…
Narrator in Joseph has a lot of dancing. Can’t see Carrie managing that

Not sure Carrie has the way of hyping the crowd up either (apart from her crazy fans)

Reactions: 9
If playing Veronica and Wednesday hurt Carrie’s voice, Elphaba would surely kill it!
That’s because she doesn’t know they being loud/shouty doesn’t make you good.

Narrator in Joseph has a lot of dancing. Can’t see Carrie managing that
She could barely keep up with the Chitty physical warm up. That looked like just a regular ballet barre exercises s with some calisthenics thrown in. Plus she’s made it clear she doesn’t/can’t dance. Remember when she showed up to Chitty choreography rehearsals in Docs instead of purchasing a $20 pair of jazz or ballet shoes?

From that tantrum last year she’s made it a point that she doesn’t have any intention on learning it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I’m so glad she didn’t get Audrey, her attempt at being comedic would be terrible. When she had some of the comedic one liners in Heathers they weren’t funny at all, just cringeworthy. I’m cringing now just trying to imagine her voice for Audrey 🤣

I’m so glad she didn’t get Audrey, her attempt at being comedic would be terrible. When she had some of the comedic one liners in Heathers they weren’t funny at all, just cringeworthy. I’m cringing now just trying to imagine her voice for Audrey 🤣
She really does have a narrow choice of roles, doesn't she? Seeing as she can't dance and isn't funny, any high intensity musicals like Six and Rock of Ages is out of the question. To quote Veronica, she's "a high school has been waiting to happen".

Reactions: 11
That annoying smug face with the eyebrows that she did when she had a funny line really irritated me.

Reactions: 3
Ill be forever grateful that she didn’t get the role of Audrey or Jenna in waitress. She already ruined one of my all time favourite characters as Veronica. I couldn’t handle it if she did it again.

Ill be forever grateful that she didn’t get the role of Audrey or Jenna in waitress. She already ruined one of my all time favourite characters as Veronica. I couldn’t handle it if she did it again.
Jenna needs to be played by a strong actress who can pull off the vulnerable side of her. I saw Lucie play the role a few weeks ago and I was in tears. She Used to be Mine wouldn’t be emotional if Carrie played Jenna, it would just be shouted 🙃

Have never watched Frozen but Elsa is always portrayed as quite tall isn't she? Maybe that is just the cartoon version.

Couldn't see ChF fitting into that video that came out the other day with all the global Elsas and Annas appearing in it (linky).
God, could you imagine her clomping around in boots as Elsa, shouting along to “Let it Go” at the top of her lungs and making THE FACE all the way through?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So I guess we’ve come to the conclusion that she literally can’t play any role successfully? Will be interesting to see where she goes after Cinderella.

So I guess we’ve come to the conclusion that she literally can’t play any role successfully? Will be interesting to see where she goes after Cinderella.
All roles she has played so far have basically been versions of her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.