Caroline Hirons #6 It must be wonderful to know everything

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly, to send money to another currency incurs fees. I'm stunned anyone is considering going through all these hoops

Like at least with companies you have some protection but you have zero comeback from a stranger!

Reactions: 9
Is this a legit way of running a business 🤔 I'm not sure how a company is able to promote this option.

Reactions: 12
Oh dear, that is bound to go wrong! Guys, get the popcorn for all the people complaining about their missing items. Also, I don’t find it too easy sending money to and from the UK, so that’s another issue. It can cost quite a bit extra! Plus relying on a stranger to fill out all the tariff papers correctly … no. Absolutely no. It’s really not worth the hassle. These things should get sorted by companies. Caroline just can’t be bothered.
It's awful business practice. There is plenty of shipping providers that are willing to handle EU shipping, problem is that Caroline will have to fill out the paperwork and she doesn't want to. There will likely be an announcement for NI too as there is new customs paperwork due for here too, and given how she charged NI customers like £10 for sending bookmarks whilst posting via Royal Mail to GB, I'd be surprised if there wasn't!

Reactions: 10
Clicked on the live half way through it and she was talking about not being able to ship to Ireland. She then said she could ship to Northern Ireland but not “Southern Ireland” 😡 it’s the Republic of Ireland you stupid cow! And when a freak said she should open up shop in Ireland to bypass the EU/Brexit shite, she said “I suppose I could play the grandparent card”. Honestly that woman... 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
This is the first I've heard this? Caroline was a backing singer in a band?
Clicked on the live half way through it and she was talking about not being able to ship to Ireland. She then said she could ship to Northern Ireland but not “Southern Ireland” 😡 it’s the Republic of Ireland you stupid cow! And when a freak said she should open up shop in Ireland to bypass the EU/Brexit shite, she said “I suppose I could play the grandparent card”. Honestly that woman... 🤦🏻‍♀️
Jesus Christ is she 'part' every nationality.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh dear, that is bound to go wrong! Guys, get the popcorn for all the people complaining about their missing items. Also, I don’t find it too easy sending money to and from the UK, so that’s another issue. It can cost quite a bit extra! Plus relying on a stranger to fill out all the tariff papers correctly … no. Absolutely no. It’s really not worth the hassle. These things should get sorted by companies. Caroline just can’t be bothered.
Thing is, if something goes wrong they’ll complain on the Facebook group but it’ll end up getting shut down because Hirons won’t take any responsibility at all. Her stance will be that she merely suggested it as a nice thing to do, but she didn’t set anything up, so if you have a problem it’s nothing to do with her or her team. It’ll be a big duck you.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I ranted about this before here. I feel so strongly about it I just tried to comment on her Instagram but comments have been limited

Reactions: 9
So, if I was to order a kit would it not ship to me in NI? I'm not going to obviously.

Reactions: 2
This whole thing is a total red flag for some sort of scam. This could backfire spectacularly. Fiddling customs forms to send merchandise as "gifts" so the recipient doesn't have to pay customs or VAT is fraud and while I'm not quite up to speed with all the new Brexit changes etc. I can't help thinking it can't be ethical (or legal?) to endorse this whole order forwarding business. So many freaks are going to pay money and never see a kit. How can she be going along with this?

Reactions: 20
with the kits success last time and the fact They’re unable to ship to EU I doubt they’ll sell out like the first couple of kits xx
I wonder if they’ve adjusted the volume of kits produced to take this into account? I doubt it, as she’s always saying these things are planned months in advance. Otherwise, as you rightly say, she’s going to be left with a boat load of unsold stock. That’ll be why she’s encouraging all this buddying up to send someone a kit. She must be bricking it.

Reactions: 7
Good grief. I just clicked on her live briefly, found it a little triggering, for some reason she was talking about miscarriage, I know people need to talk and its great that there is conversation around the subject. I just wasn't expecting it and it took me off guard.
She did put a disclaimer at the beginning, I didn't watch it. Hope you're ok x

Yep! In her live she said that they can’t ship to Europe because of brexit but ask the freaks to order them for people and send privately as ‘gifts’ so you don’t pay the import fees. So basically encouraging tax dodging. 🙄
Whoever posts it a kit out to them, don't you still need to pay fees though? And it has to be a certain value?

It confuses me

Reactions: 5
Isn’t this customs fraud? I’m sure ‘gifts’ are insured differently and just - it’s a scam people it’s a scam because she can’t be arsed to sort out how to do it properly or pay for the work to be done and I’ve never commented on her before but this makes me cross.

Reactions: 19
Isn’t this customs fraud? I’m sure ‘gifts’ are insured differently and just - it’s a scam people it’s a scam because she can’t be arsed to sort out how to do it properly or pay for the work to be done and I’ve never commented on her before but this makes me cross.
Yes and there is going to be a shitshow after launch of people complaining about customs and import fees, of course they will never blame dear CH, and I dread to think of any poor person that gets their kit genuinely lost in the post.

Also- how has no one pointed out that if freaks can send from UK to EU, then clearly there are companies willing to send? Caroline doesn't want to deal with the hassle or take the flack for customs.

On her live she kept saying "it's not our fault! I voted remain!" As if it wasn't her companies choice to not ship in EU

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.