Caroline Hirons #6 It must be wonderful to know everything

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm going to watch the live this weekend as I've not seen anything here or in the group where she is actively encouraging people do this. I mean she isn't discouraging it.

I might be wrong but I seem to remember years ago when we went to America you could claim taxes back on items you bought. She has always said people outside of the EU wouldn't pay VAT but had to pay shipping. Anyone a tax expert, I'm sure she will have taken advice because that's something pretty fundamental to get wrong otherwise 🧐

Reactions: 4
I work in UK tax - not for HMRC unfortunately- I don’t think any tax advisor would say getting uk customers to post goods as an intermediary to the EU as a gift as a way of getting around EU customs is a good idea - or legal. If customers don’t pay UK vat they should be paying vat in their own country, which they might not if the package is marked as a gift - and there is the customs fraud.

If I buy a parcel from Denmark and put my place of purchase as the UK - I don’t pay Danish VAT but when they parcel arrives I will pay UK vat, duty if applicable and a handling charge. Some places put this all in the purchase price and have a frictionless process, but others you have to wait for Royal Mail to send a card. I could receive a gift from anywhere and if they don’t mark it properly, I might not pay any UK vat or duty.

Reactions: 16
Bear in mind she knows how many of the kits go abroad so she may have decided that given the figures the paperwork isn’t worth it

Reactions: 6
Bear in mind she knows how many of the kits go abroad so she may have decided that given the figures the paperwork isn’t worth it
i agree - but all this flapping about saying you could post it and gift it and her trying to organise it vaguely via Facebook is irresponsible and stupid. I’m sure no one is trying to perpetuate a fraud, they just want the damn kits, but it sounds like they might by accident!

Reactions: 10
I'm going to watch the live this weekend as I've not seen anything here or in the group where she is actively encouraging people do this. I mean she isn't discouraging it.

I might be wrong but I seem to remember years ago when we went to America you could claim taxes back on items you bought. She has always said people outside of the EU wouldn't pay VAT but had to pay shipping. Anyone a tax expert, I'm sure she will have taken advice because that's something pretty fundamental to get wrong otherwise 🧐
In her live she tells people to join the freaks group and find someone willing to ship it to the EU so she planted that seed.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Its not the shipping it that's unlawful. Its the falsley declaring it as a gift on the customs forms that is. If they were honest on the customs forms, then they are doing nothing wrong.

Reactions: 18
Why are these muppets desperate to get their hands on the kit omg 😭 it’s not like they’ll get a good deal and use every single product. Just wait til the whole Brexit customs thing is sorted, and get the next kit then.

Also an MBE or Pride of Britain award for shilling skincare? duck me.

Reactions: 18
Its not the shipping it that's unlawful. Its the falsley declaring it as a gift on the customs forms that is. If they were honest on the customs forms, then they are doing nothing wrong.
yes, sorry if my crossness made that unclear. If they fill it out correctly, then it will be treated correctly in the receiving country, it was the encouragement to gift it that made me see red.
At the very least she is making the freaks do the paperwork for her and take on the risk of postage etc and that’s just crappy business practice. But then maybe they deserve to be treated with this contempt by the Queen.

Reactions: 8
She's just a mouth, I'm also not interested in her social or political views. She risks alienating a lot of her followers by sharing this stuff and I'm surprised brands work with her. One of these days she'll wade into something and misjudge the popular opinion she usually spouts.
she can sell stuff.. anything she shows the loons will jump n buy till sold out .. earlier I used to value her opinion cause she actually tested stuff n had something to say .. now just a glorified sales person

They’re doing this for EU peeps. 😑
this is official... who's taking responsibility. . n who the he'll has time n patience to ship 1 by 1... the potential for mishap. .how much extra would it cost.. what happened to EU shipping...is it lockdown or Brexit issue. ..yoikes kit 1 didn't sell out ...n if there's no EU n UK in lockdown. .this should be fun... also BARE in mind lolz ...

Kits are being released next Friday. Under £200 apparently.
how the mighty have fallen...I'm still not interested ... like I say it'll be rare that ill actually want everything in any kit ...let alone actually need ... I spend or used to ..but not like this at one shot n for stuff I nay or may not want... send a lot but not nymore tret is the answer. ..n I won't buy a kit just cause it supposedly discounted...

Sorry but she’s only had 4 years to prepare for this!! 🙄 you can absolutely ship to the EU and NI but you have to do the paperwork correctly. Currently tariff for cosmetics is duty free in most places so might be some VAT to pay but will probably still be cheaper than buying individual products or getting a ‘buddy’ to fraudulently declare the item as a gift 🙄🙄 honestly!! She’s making a big mistake in being too lazy to sort out the shipping! If I was her I would have shelved this ‘winter kit’ and just gone for a summer one because surely everyone who bought an autumn kit now has plenty of skincare and no one will want another one? Then again they are a cult and probably won’t be able to resist what the Queen ordered them to buy!! Plus she does the same bag in different colours so they get all obsessed with collecting them 🙄
recepie for disaster... people may fill form incorrectly ... it'll be prepaid. .or the buyer might change his mind... also this is obviously illegal.
I mean brands are still selling to EU n these useless people tried n can't figure out ...my ass. .. people are going to get cheated... also I'm sure the volumes were reduced. .there was ample time she mustn't have expected another round of lockdown but still...

Delaying the kit until she could get to grips with the relevant paperwork would have been a sensible move, but then she’d have been left with stock sitting in a warehouse. She wouldn’t like that either - got to keep that cash rolling in! I don’t see what’s so difficult about taking the time to sort out the correct forms for EU customers. This has been coming for quite some time, it’s hardly been sprung on her overnight. It’s as though she doesn’t give a tit about them, but still wants their money if she can get it via her sneaky back door method.
sole earner ...in the fam ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

When we go to New York, you can claim the tax back if you keep all your receipts because you don't pay tax in that country. We never bother because the stuff we buy was always cheaper anyway. Haven't been for 2 years though.

Maceys also give 10 % off at the till for non American residents too. I cleared up in the Christmas decoration sale with that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This will go tits up but at the end of the day CH just wants to sale and get rid of stock. Imagine if the parcel goes missing it won't be her responsibility and she wants people to go and queue in the Post Office at this time, would she?

Reactions: 3
They're Avas lips but she has a filter on which makes them bigger.

Reactions: 6
I was catching up with a friend who works for Customer service online for Space Nk and they get a long or people who say I follow CH and the recommends using acids daily and it is ruining peoples skin and how people use it just because she’s recommended a product.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I was catching up with a friend who works for Customer service online for Space Nk and they get a long or people who say I follow CH and the recommends using acids daily and it is ruining peoples skin and how people use it just because she’s recommended a product.
I've said it before the main issue is that people read her book or see her recommendations and change their whole routine over night using acid twice a day and retinol every night and then wonder why their face is falling off.

When I first used acids I followed the instructions and learnt what my skin would accept. I've started using retinol products but only once a week at the moment.

People need to actually read how to use the products rather than following, what is basically an overall guide to products.

I am still in the Freaks group but there are two many people fawning over CH in it now rather than asking actual skincare questions or people asking a questions which has been asked several times before rather than using the search function.

Reactions: 21
I've said it before the main issue is that people read her book or see her recommendations and change their whole routine over night using acid twice a day and retinol every night and then wonder why their face is falling off.

When I first used acids I followed the instructions and learnt what my skin would accept. I've started using retinol products but only once a week at the moment.

People need to actually read how to use the products rather than following, what is basically an overall guide to products.

I am still in the Freaks group but there are two many people fawning over CH in it now rather than asking actual skincare questions or people asking a questions which has been asked several times before rather than using the search function.
I work in email marketing but focus on makeup my 2 co-workers do the skincare she is a frequent topic of conversation.

we had a discussion around how she is now influencing younger people to use skincare things that really aren’t necessary and I see it 24/7 in the group people recommending her kits to 20 year olds and just recommending products which aren’t necessary for younger skin. She really needs to step up and moderate the group more.

Reactions: 11
Country of origin is the problem with shipping I think. She’s got to declare where every bit came from, every ingredient, bottle, lid, cardboard inner which is why shipping kits is problematic and why she’s not doing the paperwork (I watched the live)

Anyone sending a kit across as part of this cult initiative is going to have to do the same thing and they won’t be able to because who knows where Charlotte Tilbury or whoever get their lids made.

Each item will need to be sent individually and that’s going to cost a fortune in postage. Plus who coughs up when the packages go astray?

The whole thing is ridiculous. Just dont buy it if you’re in Europe, the sense of entitlement stinks. “I want it therefore I’ll have it”. Or get a trusted mate to do it. Joining forces with some random person you’ve never met is next level cult madness.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.