Caroline Hirons #21 Karenline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Admins asked… Would you recommend the app to a friend?

One of the replies… 👇🏼

View attachment 1399578

Public release!?

They are really stupid enough to believe that they got exclusive access to the app aren’t they! 🤦🏼‍♀️

ANYONE CAN DOWNLOAD THE APP.

IT WAS NEVER AN EXCLUSIVE RELEASE FOR HER SHEEP!
I queried this on the Freaks page when it was released on iPhone (I'm on Android) as I really couldn't understand why it was being touted as exclusive to the Freaks when it was in the iStore (or whatever it's called) I was reliably informed by a Freak that you would need a code that would be in the SkinRocks email that was sent to you in order to gain access.. A couple of days later it's out on Android so I downloaded it out of curiosity. Did I need a code? Did I bugger! Absolute load of tosh!

This gave me a laugh
That was me.
Yes I'm in the Freaks FB page, but it seems a lot of you are / were. I am far from being a Hirons loyalist, I joined because I liked her blog when she very first started... You know when she was human.
I've stayed in the group because I'm genuinely interested in skin care and it's a good place for advice and recommendations....just as long as it's not from Hirons herself.
But yes, there are some absolute suckers on that page, and not to mention some very dimwitted women (and men!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Nana's been super silent on this 'day of days' when what she was yelling into her phone about the other night has actually happened.

Nothing else to yell about Gangsta?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
All this ‘where does it go?’ layering malarkey, doesn’t it all just become a big soup of whatever you’ve rubbed on anyway?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Caroline’s thinking seems a bit weird. C-tetra is oil based and hyaluronic is water based. So how is the water based serum going to penetrate the oil? She wants the vitamin c serum closest to her face( she always says ) but scientifically it seems a bit stupid.

That’s why people are confused I bet she does the opposite of common sense

Reactions: 23
Caroline’s thinking seems a bit weird. C-tetra is oil based and hyaluronic is water based. So how is the water based serum going to penetrate the oil? She wants the vitamin c serum closest to her face( she always says ) but scientifically it seems a bit stupid.

That’s why people are confused I bet she does the opposite of common sense
It’s also the opposite way that medik8 recommend so she obviously doesn’t work that closely with brands she puts in kits does she? I did their online chat recently (I like their products and most of my routine is by them) and they recommended hyaluronic, peptide (not relevant here but in case anyone is interested) c tetra then moisturiser and spf. IMO this is the most logical way anyway, hyaluronic pulls in the peptides then the c tetra as it’s oil based. I went to Ibiza recently and it was so hot that I cut out day moisturiser altogether and just put spf on top (Caroline once said you ABSOLUTELY MUST NOT DO THIS IF YOU LIKE YOUR FACE (probably). And I don’t (might do some full face sanding or 0.1% tret on acid toned skin instead as I really am not a fan of my face. Skin’s alright, shame about the rest though)
And it was fine. I use LRP which is one of the dryer ones but I was still shiny 2 mins after leaving the airconned hotel.

as a side note I know it’s generally recommended not to use oils before SPF, wonder wherectetra stands with that

Reactions: 11
I agree that’s how you use it! Info from the medik8 labs!also what about this caroline fad where you put your retinol on then wait a whole hour. Who has that time?

Reactions: 6
The book IS confusing. I thought it was all laid out in disparate sections. Like the app, I expected a step by step routine builder - pointing out contraindications.
Vit C confuses me and Sunday Riley oil broke me out so I don’t bother with it.

Reactions: 7
Does she need to be so snarky responding to comments saying people are confused by her book?
I find it hilarious that the admins are looking for feedback on the app as Hirons is the last person to actually take heed of others. No, it couldn't possibly be the case that the book is poorly laid out, confusing, badly written- it is YOU, the reader, who is the problem!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I find it hilarious that the admins are looking for feedback on the app as Hirons is the last person to actually take heed of others. No, it couldn't possibly be the case that the book is poorly laid out, confusing, badly written- it is YOU, the reader, who is the problem!
They’ve asked for feedback, but it would seem that when it’s anything less than arse licking praise they’re not interested and get all defensive about it. So what’s the point? This isn’t how companies who are earnest and genuinely want to get it right behave.

Didn’t they do end user testing and focus groups (with real customers, not friends and relatives connected to Hirons Ltd) before it’s release? 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 17
I agree that’s how you use it! Info from the medik8 labs!also what about this caroline fad where you put your retinol on then wait a whole hour. Who has that time?
I remember when I used prescription tret (never again) the derm recommended putting it on 30 minutes after cleansing, I think it was to ensure that skin was totally dry so I don't think this is just a Caroline thing. However if she's recommending doing that with over the counter retinol that seems a bit silly

Reactions: 7
It’s with otc retinol and it is not to make sure the skin is dry because she tells her followers that everyone in the industry fully wets their face then puts retinol on. Then wait an hour.

Reactions: 4
BIB
Gangsta has - probably takes her that long to get from the west wing to the east wing in her Georgian mansion! 😆

Also, re the app - is it something the general public would actually use? I can’t see anyone except her die hard Freaks needing it and even some of them are unimpressed.

• Haha
The app sounds like when I type in “skincare”on any website selling me tit. Just pages and pages of skincare. Skin rocks was supposed to be the company that gives some longevity to her business but it sounds like I’m going to kids camp. Yes we know you love music it doesn’t need to be in the name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.