Caroline Hirons #21 Karenline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title thanks to @Bertha and nominated by @w8g

We start this thread with not so breaking news - a new kit is coming in July! As @50sGirl put it "walk, don’t run, in fact walk like a sloth..."

Guesses on theming and products for this one have begun. Will Zelens again be included? Odds on yes.

Caroline continues to give her opinion on any and all topics but doesn't want to hear your opinion thankyouverymuch.

The Freaks FB group continues to be a bizarre place full of filtered selfies and people one-upping each other with regards to how much SPF they take on holiday.

The skincare brand and app are....somewhere? In the works? On the horizon? Who knows.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
@Shineyshine It may have been the Sisley one. I know it was well over £100 because even by Hirons' standards, I was shocked she would so glibly admit to using it, given how people are struggling. Don't get me wrong, if people have the money and want to shell out £100+ for a sunscreen that's their business. Wouldn't be top of my priorities if I had a spare ton to spend, but whatever.

What boils my piss is that Hirons absolutely, 100% knows a fair number of the Freaks spend money they can't afford because of her bullshit selling. That is why she has Clearpay as an option for her kits. She just doesn't give a duck as long as the £££s $$$s and €€€s keep rolling in.

@Orangebird69 I think either her line has met glitches in production - or (maybe more likely imo) she's not sure she's going to be able to sell enough at a high enough price, to cover the cost of product development, packaging and logistics and net a decent profit (if any at all).

Reactions: 15
I wonder why she's taking so long to drop her own skincare line 🤔
Hmmm yes, I remember a live she did in lockdown and someone asked her if she would expand her double cleanse colab with Pixi and bring her own range out, and she categorically stated no way, wasn’t happening, don’t get your hopes up etc. I know she is the queen of the turnaround but what did change her mind? Skincare is a massively over saturated market anyway so it will be interesting to see how she fares…

Reactions: 10

We start this thread with not so breaking news - a new kit is coming in July! As @50sGirl put it "walk, don’t run, in fact walk like a sloth..."

Guesses on theming and products for this one have begun. Will Zelens again be included? Odds on yes.

Caroline continues to give her opinion on any and all topics but doesn't want to hear your opinion thankyouverymuch.

The Freaks FB group continues to be a bizarre place full of filtered selfies and people one-upping each other with regards to how much SPF they take on holiday.

The skincare brand and app are....somewhere? In the works? On the horizon? Who knows.
Thanks for picking this as a thread title, honoured! 😂

Just had an email about her new Skin Rocks box which has just been released. I had no idea. Also had no idea about the kit coming out in July (I'm not in the Freaks group any more) but I love keeping up with the drama of it all 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Ugh I do actually LOVE the contents of the new brightening box 😩
Going to try and resist though...
99EF29F0-3AD9-4F7A-81CD-563A1DC47F9C.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Another kit?

I thought the last one hadn't sold out?! What's the new kit supposed to be for?

View attachment 1348095
Ffs, is this her box? This means the freaks are going to ruin facetheory now

Reactions: 9
Hmmm yes, I remember a live she did in lockdown and someone asked her if she would expand her double cleanse colab with Pixi and bring her own range out, and she categorically stated no way, wasn’t happening, don’t get your hopes up etc. I know she is the queen of the turnaround but what did change her mind? Skincare is a massively over saturated market anyway so it will be interesting to see how she fares…
The CH Pixi double cleanse was the grimmest thing I’ve ever used. Like rubbing in lard. 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
She's confirmed one is in the works I believe. There should be info in one of the old threads. It's just not happened yet. You're absolutely right the market is so saturated, and who other than her die hard fans will buy it?

Edit: found the Times interview https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...en-a-woman-is-on-hrt-we-have-energy-bhfsn3g7h

So if you’re one of her 654,000 Instagram followers, 257,000 YouTube subscribers, 106,000 Twitter followers, 100,000 Facebook group members or 250,000 newsletter subscribers, then the news I’m holding on to is monumental. The businesswoman who is regularly called the most powerful person in beauty is launching her own brand. “When you’re in my position, you wake up and you think, ‘OK, I’ve helped a lot of other businesses build their brands. It’s about time I started my own.’ ” Yes, it’s official: Skin Rocks, Caroline Hirons’s own brand, is coming next year.
As a beauty director who has watched Hirons make or break brands over the years (I remember when she recommended Garnier Ambre Solaire Anti-Dryness Super UV SPF 50+ and it sold out on the Boots website; Garnier reported a 5,237 per cent increase in page views to its own website compared with the previous week), I am fascinated to know which route she’s going to take. “For starters I promise you now there will be no f***ing jade rollers or crystals,” she barks. For the uninitiated, Hirons is not a fan of woo-woo. If Gwyneth and her clean-beauty Goopies are the Capulets, Hirons is the matriarch of the Montagues. “Also none of this ‘inspired by what my grandmother made at the kitchen sink’ nonsense. It’s intelligent, science-based skincare.” And the prices? With affordable brands like the Ordinary and CeraVe flying off the shelves, I ask if her cleanser will cost more than £20. “Yeah, it will. But it won’t be £80 either. It’s not high street, but it’s not luxury. Most importantly, they are products that work and that people actually need.”

She is launching a new skincare app early next year as well, also called Skin Rocks. Users will be able to type in the name of the product and: “All my unbiased advice will pop up. We hear so much about what you do need in this industry — I’ll have a section on whether you don’t need it. I get so many messages from people saying that they wish I could go shopping with them. Friends call me and say, ‘I’m in Space NK, do I need this?’ And I’ll say, ‘No, walk away. Go two shelves along and see if X is there. Get that instead.’ ”

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
‘She barks’, even the times noticed it… It looks like she changed her mind on her own brand. I definitely recall her saying she was never going to do her own line a couple of years back, collabs etc being enough for her. I’d imagine with the onslaught of influencer and celebrity brands coming out and being successful, she thought why not give it a punt. I was wondering why she had gone quiet on Pixi and I would imagine it’s because she is now launching as a competitor and not a partner. I guess we will all see what she launches with the line and her app. I for one won’t be downloading the app, or buying her line that she says I will ‘need’. Nope I need nothing you shill.

Reactions: 13
Are Face Theory any good? Google is very persistent in recommending them to me since I'm on the lookout for a new moisturiser once I capture the last dregs from my current jar.

Are Face Theory any good? Google is very persistent in recommending them to me since I'm on the lookout for a new moisturiser once I capture the last dregs from my current jar.
I've not used anything apart from a cleanser. But I like that.

View attachment 1348095
If you think you’ll use it then get it. If there was enough I wanted in a kit then I’d still grudgingly purchase. No point in cutting your nose off to spite your face!
There will be no judgement here from us Tattlers… 😉😆

51357767-409C-442F-A45E-262A1F27F449.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.