Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone I follow received an apology from Caroline yesterday. Account agreed with CH and CH snapped a brusque response to her misreading what was a very clear agreement. Aggression is her go to with everything.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
yeah, what’s with the tart comment? it’s not a bad thing to be vain or wanting to have a nice looking arse. even if she was actually a “tart”, it’s literally none of our business? not social distancing is a cause for concern but there’s no need to slut shame her. yes, she “shows off” on her insta but that doesn’t mean she’s immoral or asking for it.

edit: stop calling vegetables “veggies”? no. bore off, Caroline.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
There is a CH apology in the millions of comments. Fair play for apologising I guess.

Reactions: 2
There is a CH apology in the millions of comments. Fair play for apologising I guess.
Her default setting is angry and rude, looking for a fight. I’m surprised she doesn’t find herself having to apologise a lot more tbh, although I guess she rarely recognises when an apology is required. In many of the comments the posters she was rude to weren’t disagreeing with her opinions, yet she immediately called them racist or homophobic, it was her delivery that rubbed them the wrong way.

I get it. It’s why I stopped following her even though she revolutionised my skin care regime and my skin is all the peachier for it. There’s an arrogance in there now and it’s not what I’m looking for at all - I don’t want or need to be lectured or “educated“ about how to behave or what to think, I did want her skincare knowledge so, got what I needed and turned the volume way down.

Reactions: 9
I get it. It’s why I stopped following her even though she revolutionised my skin care regime and my skin is all the peachier for it. There’s an arrogance in there now and it’s not what I’m looking for at all - I don’t want or need to be lectured or “educated“ about how to behave or what to think, I did want her skincare knowledge so, got what I needed and turned the volume way down.
Really agree with this. She is probably the main influencer (I know she hates that word because it means accepting what she is) that got me in to skincare. But I find myself rewatching some of her lives because I am still semi interested in what she is saying.

It seems like she doesn’t review a lot of brands just because they haven’t been sent to her. She made a big point of the fact she buys Tatcha because they stopped the PR packages a while ago. But hasn’t reviewed a £25 vitamin c serum which so many people rave about (timeless) presumably because they simply haven’t sent it to her. Yet she ‘called in’ for murad (previous brand affiliations) and it was there within 24 hours? She applied it for the first time on a live - and loved it! Shock horror.

In the previous breath she was slating anyone who dyes their products orange until her Freaks questioned why the Oskia in the kits was orange. Honestly it’s just insane. Some of the vitamin c she was showing looked like an espresso. She’s been sent it so she’s demoing it’s and it’s clearly oxidised. She hasn’t tried it! She had to ask her followers what colour it should be.

So far from the influencer she used to be at least trying a product before reviewing it.

edit: one typo

Reactions: 3
It’s a bit odd that Ava is on that post arguing for vaccines (which is fine) but then posting pictures of herself not isolating. 🤦‍♀️

Someone mentioned it in one of the comments on the insta post, basically saying who’s she to say about people protecting others by vaccinating when she’s been a hypocrite by not following lockdown rules... Caroline replied as if she didn’t know what the woman was talking about, then clicked on and gave a brusque response. There was nothing further from the original commenter but I was hoping she’d perhaps mention something about the kids’ friends etc but nothing else.
This is really interesting. I’ll look for it now unless it’s been deleted. Did you get a screenshot?

Reactions: 1
I used to be a follower until today. I agree with the majority but she’s just so rude. Seems to be a change in her and she comes across so unprofessional and not very nice at all.

Reactions: 3
I used to be a follower until today. I agree with the majority but she’s just so rude. Seems to be a change in her and she comes across so unprofessional and not very nice at all.
I just listen to what she says nowadays and wonder if a millennial influencer was spouting this, would we listen to them? Seems to be all shilling these days. She’s built up a loyal following over ten years and its going to take a bit for them to see the light.

Good on her for making brand CH and employing half her family. Just think the Freaks should take all the ads and mentions with a pinch of salt rather than hanging on her every word. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread for someone who loves the ‘science’ she doesn’t really mention a lot of the leading brands.

I understand she has brand deals but then she is so dismissive of other products purely because she doesn’t have a relationship with them. Its not the blogger she used to be.

Do you think behind the scenes she's fuming that the book is presumably going to launch with far less fanfare than they would have planned for pre COVID-19. Presumably there will be no in store book signings etc. I bet there was a whole program of events planned that have had to be cancelled. I'm sure it will still be a bestseller but will be interesting to see how she promotes it all without touring up and down the country dishing out skincare advice while signing books.

Do you think behind the scenes she's fuming that the book is presumably going to launch with far less fanfare than they would have planned for pre COVID-19. Presumably there will be no in store book signings etc. I bet there was a whole program of events planned that have had to be cancelled. I'm sure it will still be a bestseller but will be interesting to see how she promotes it all without touring up and down the country dishing out skincare advice while signing books.
I was thinking the same. I’m sure she planned to monetise the tit out of it and none of it can happen now. I’m sure it will be a best seller and her followers will have to endure the fawning posts from the blue tickers and the Freaks but in real terms book sales don’t make the authors a great deal of money. The real dosh would have been the signing fee IMO.

You just know she’d planned an LA trip to see the Pixi “girls” and Kate Somerville.

So theres a Dermalogica ad on IG. From Caroline a few years ago: Dermalogica – I feel similiarly to Dermalogica as I do about Kiehl’s. I don’t ‘dislike’ them, I’m just not wowed.

Money talks

Reactions: 8
She cannot help but be aggressive , rude and superior.

It’s nothing to do with her being a woman and being reminded of her ‘tone’, it’s to do with her general nastiness as a member of society.

Reactions: 6
I really do despise Caroline, she thinks the sun shines out of her arse. Her minions think she can do no wrongThe arrogance and hypocrisy of the woman is astounding. I can’t believe that up until a few months ago I was one of her minions!!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.