Candice Brathwaite #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've changed my mind and actually think they really did get married. Based on her company house documents where she is consistently listed as 'Miss'.

Which means she has been lying for several years about having a husband. Which totally fits with her past behaviour. No doubt she would say it's because she needs to keep up appearances.
Like how she needed to have a bugaboo when she couldn't afford rent.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
What an absolutely bizarre thing to lie about though, especially when you’re then going to use your actual wedding for content. There’s no shame in not being married these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've changed my mind and actually think they really did get married. Based on her company house documents where she is consistently listed as 'Miss'.

Which means she has been lying for several years about having a husband. Which totally fits with her past behaviour. No doubt she would say it's because she needs to keep up appearances.
Like how she needed to have a bugaboo when she couldn't afford rent.
Can you link to it or name the ltd pls, I’ve never been able to find it!

Reactions: 2
No doubt she would say it's because she needs to keep up appearances
Yes, I wonder if it’s because all the middle class white mumfluencers are mostly married. That was the crowd she was seemingly trying to emulate when she first came on the scene. There was no need for it though.

Reactions: 7
She's supposed to be a fashion expert but her whole wedding outfit clashes. Champagne dress, silver and white shoes, cerise bird coat and green (or black) bag with pearl handles. I don't care who the designers were, the whole thing looks hideous but hey, each to their own

She is definitely either pretending to have been married or was married but the wedding didn't live up to her expectations. I remember her doing a Q and A where she said she would never show wedding pics. I will see if I can find it. Wouldn't surprise me if the 'wedding' was a vow renewal. Awful dress. Side note she must have piles of credit card debt. I just don't buy her lifestyle.
Defo up to the eyeballs in debt hence why she has to do ads every minute

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She's supposed to be a fashion expert but her whole wedding outfit clashes. Champagne dress, silver and white shoes, cerise bird coat and green (or black) bag with pearl handles. I don't care who the designers were, the whole thing looks hideous but hey, each to their own

Defo up to the eyeballs in debt hence why she has to do ads every minute
She’s the only influencer I’ve ever seen advocate using credit cards for non essential purchases, which may also be because she’s one of the minority not from family wealth

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I quite liked the champagne dress but it’s gaping around her chest. It’s not for someone of her…stature, shall we say. And the pink bird monstrosity is hideous.
And yeah, knowing and looking like you can afford designers does not make you a ‘fashion expert’. It should be about dressing to suit your figure, whatever the name on the label is. It’s not a diss on Candice, but most designers don’t design for someone who is 5ft and a size 18/20/22. She reminds me of Edina on Ab Fab.

Reactions: 12
I quite liked the champagne dress but it’s gaping around her chest. It’s not for someone of her…stature, shall we say. And the pink bird monstrosity is hideous.

And yeah, knowing and looking like you can afford designers does not make you a ‘fashion expert’. It should be about dressing to suit your figure, whatever the name on the label is. It’s not a diss on Candice, but most designers don’t design for someone who is 5ft and a size 18/20/22. She reminds me of Edina on Ab Fab.
Agree - I actually really like the dress but wish someone had just yanked the back of it even if just for this picture so it fitted well. I love the idea of normalising vintage / pre loved wedding dresses too, it has the makings of a v cool dress just fits her SO poorly. Even if she had just popped some bulldog clips on the inside leaving the back a bit skew whiff it would have made this SO much better!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Can you link to it or name the ltd pls, I’ve never been able to find it!
It's under 'RMB media'.

Yes, I wonder if it’s because all the middle class white mumfluencers are mostly married. That was the crowd she was seemingly trying to emulate when she first came on the scene. There was no need for it though.
She's a fantasist is the real problem, not judgement.

I don't know how to say this without sounding rude. But she is extremely 'new (credit card and lease hire) money'.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's under 'RMB media'.

She's a fantasist is the real problem, not judgement.

I don't know how to say this without sounding rude. But she is extremely 'new (credit card and lease hire) money'.
Thank you! Only recently formed which feels weird, but we’ve got a year to wait for accounts!

The sad thing is she probably doesn’t realise that she looks like a personal finance nightmare because she’s wearing/tagging the “right” brands. This is why I hate the intergenerational wealth Insta because they push this carefree idea of an extreme level of consumption as if it’s normal without explaining to people that they’re sat on a 20% LTV mortgage #kindlygifted by their parents, and don’t need to save for their kids cos their minted parents have that covered plus they’re due to inherit hundreds of thousands (if not millions) once they pass. I went in on Alexandra Stedman’s thread about this but it’s SO disingenuous and dangerous, and looks like Candice is silly enough to be trying to play catch up with them despite living in a HTB cardboard box that’ll dissolve in the next hailstorm we get!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The photo which showed the dress fitting poorly around her chest isn’t on insta anymore…

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Each of the items (bar the coat) are actually ok on their own. It's just the concoction that is odd. Edinburgh 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She truly sees herself as some kind of Carrie Bradshaw fashionista. Like, I always see what look she is aiming for but she can never quite pull it off. Oh well, if in doubt, cover yourself in designer labels eh Candy?

Reactions: 14
Who the duck is her audience? Its like brands and businesses see one black woman and she becomes the person representing all

I dont get it. Why is she even famous?

Reactions: 9