Candice Braithwaite

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I dislike about this article is in ALL of the influencers listed, CB is described as as a former madam.
Has everyone else got their former jobs next to their names? No, they haven’t.
Has all of the good stuff she has done around raising consciousness about the plight of WOC and birth (and more) just pfft gone, because of her former job?

And just to say, I know I’m posting about CB on here.

But, I just feel I have to find a space to speak up about what happened in all of this in case it gets buried under a pile of ‘Mod was a bit mean’ erm, no.

Reactions: 7
Interesting perspective and something I also noticed and pondered. I wondered if the detail was necessary and if there were better facts to list instead...

Worth considering - it is fact and is it really something she should be ashamed of? Why are we shaming sex work? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
It is one thing to be a prostitute/trafficked woman and quite another to be profiting from selling other women’s bodies for personal gain. Unfortunately, both the exploited and the exploiter are included under the PC term “sex worker” which is why I think the term is utterly useless. And yes, I think she should be ashamed of having been a female pimp, and it is relevant information as it speaks to character of a person who is now in a business of appearing trustworthy, wholesome and a friend to other women. Thumbs up for all the good work she‘s done, though, I hope she continues and I hope it isn’t necessery to hide her past in order for her to continue helping others.

Reactions: 13
She actively profiteered from the plight of vulnerable women.

Nothing she can do can negate that.

She's horrible and the most money-grabbing person I've ever come across, even in this bizarre virtual world. It's insanity that brands are happy to pay her so much to advertise their wares in such an inarticulate, un-creative way. I hope her bubble bursts, soon.

Reactions: 17
Oh wow I didn’t know details, I heard on here about her background in the sex industry, but my knowledge is limited beyond that as I’m not a follower and only know of her via MOD drama. Sounds gross!!

Reactions: 1
I didn’t watch the documentary so I can’t comment on whether they were trafficked.

Women can and do perform sex work for all sorts of reasons-not all are trafficked, just for balance to the discussion here.

I am fairly sure that this was not her first job of choice.

Reactions: 1
She actively profiteered from the plight of vulnerable women.

Nothing she can do can negate that.

She's horrible and the most money-grabbing person I've ever come across, even in this bizarre virtual world. It's insanity that brands are happy to pay her so much to advertise their wares in such an inarticulate, un-creative way. I hope her bubble bursts, soon.
Candice is lots of things, inarticulate she is not.

She deserves just as much as a slice of the pie and the financial success that goes with it, just as much as the other ‘creatives’ doing Instagram selling stuff for brands.

Reactions: 3
Candice is lots of things, inarticulate she is not.

She deserves just as much as a slice of the pie and the financial success that goes with it, just as much as the other ‘creatives’ doing Instagram selling stuff for brands.
Her posts are riddled with grammatical inaccuracies and spelling mistakes. And I'd say many are incomprehensible, actually. For someone claiming to be a writer, that's pretty poor.

I also don't think she does deserve a slice of any pie. Some "influencers" (as much as I hate that word) seriously go to town with their ad images. Candice takes her kids to a garden centre to buy a tree. It's all kinds of sad and hilarious 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine.

You can write a book, have a voice and work without having a degree in English language. We can’t like everyone on Instagram or in real life, if she isn’t relevant to you and is not offensive then surely it’s an unfollow.
It’s Instagram, and typed on a phone, not copy for the front page of The Times. Some people are dyslexic, does it really mean that we have to denigrate their right to earning because they spelling and writing is below a perceived par?

The influencer culture is here (for now) and people (more importantly, women and parents) are making good money from it. Clearly there are issues around consumerism and transparency, I agree.

She’s in New York and I doubt she gives 2 shits about grammatical accuracy right now.

Reactions: 2
I just came back from New York 😉 paid for by my hard earned cash, not being a con artist.

You make excellent points but FYI you're on Tattle... Maybe you misunderstand what we do here 😂🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I just came back from New York 😉 paid for by my hard earned cash, not being a con artist.

You make excellent points but FYI you're on Tattle... Maybe you misunderstand what we do here 😂🙌
Yeah I’m a newbie, still getting to grips with it 😬
I just think, as much as Instagram can be an echo chamber, tattle shouldn’t be either, and that’s why I like it.
Didn’t even mean to start a thread. Not sure how that happened!

Reactions: 2
Yeah I’m a newbie, still getting to grips with it 😬
I just think, as much as Instagram can be an echo chamber, tattle shouldn’t be either, and that’s why I like it.
Didn’t even mean to start a thread. Not sure how that happened!
Not Budget Clemmie, is that yoo hoo?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh god help us her and all the others with their Tesco freebies are preaching to us about exercise now. Shaking your self indulgent ass around and going for a jog once a month does not give you authority on that one I’m afraid ! She’s also on the scourge / “manifesting “ a free dress . Absolutely no shame it’s revolting

She has as much right I suppose as anyone else to exploit their kids and use influencer marketing to make money. Doesn’t mean she can’t be called out on poor writing or the type of ADs she does or how she has behaved previously.