Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Thank you for this thread!! On the self-made front, my two cents is that she still comes from a somewhat rich family, but not the typical ultra rich..

I think "born with no money" has a totally different meaning for people like them.. for me it means, you grew up in a 1 bedroom flat with a family of 5, parents working 3 jobs to put food on the table, etc.. For them it probably means: I had a normal childhood and received most of the things a kid could need, my parents paid for uni and a London flat until I could get a first job in my field, but they are not billion dollar rich like others in the same neighbourhood...

Don't know if what I wrote makes sense but hopefully you get my gist..

Reactions: 13

BaliBarbie

I’ve had the irritating misfortune of sitting one seat away from her at our local nail salon before she got married (was planning the wedding). She spoke so so loudly - as if she owned the place. Zero self awareness and just plain rude. Also paranoid self conscious / discussed getting her teeth done and gossiped negatively about other women. She’s full of bs.

• Wow
Reactions: 12

SpritneyBeers

She looks so different in candids. I would have had no idea this was her without the caption. I suppose its because she doesn't usually smile on insta ao we're used to seeing her with the pout and sucked in cheeks ?

• Wow
Reactions: 10

olsenrow

I don’t have any issue with her recent infatuation with barely there/see through clothing, but I find it interesting how she has gone from a sort of authority on fashion to whatever this is.

I was introduced to Camille because of her style and I enjoy her writing. She used to put together such thought out and interesting outfits. The transition of her focus from showcasing the clothes to showcasing her thinness is disappointing. She has always been very thin but I find her sartorial choices nowadays are only about wearing as little as possible so that her thinness may be the accessory or do all the talking.

Reactions: 9

Villanelly

VIP Member
Not at all. I also found her whole feature about people talking about her dress so bizarre.

Her dress was see through FFS, of course people were going to talk about it. She’d have been disappointed if they hadn’t.

Had no idea this irritant existed before this thread. Having read the pieces linked, I loathe her already. Thanks a bunch Tattlers! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Also - what happened to her face???
Or did she just stopped photoshopping herself? She looked so different.
Now it’s like she purposefully post pictures of her where she looks unflattering or mid-speech. It’s giving wanna be gen z candid photo vibes

Reactions: 7
Wondering what Chanel think of the fact that she decided to make that Coperni bag the key element of her look to THE CHANEL SHOW

olsenrow

She is so childish and desperately seeking the approval of Gen Z (at least on tiktok) but it makes her outdated heroin chic obsession make sense

SofiaA

I do love her glam night out fits and when she is attending fashion events. However for the rest of her every day looks is very Y2K and personally I’ve lived through that era of fashion, I don’t feel like going back.

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
-Parisian
-skinny
-blonde
-lives in Notting Hill

With all of the above, she had no choice but to become an influencer. In my opinion, she's a French millennial Carrie Bradshaw

ellamae

Chatty Member
If you click the article and while loading switch to airplane mode you can get past the paywall

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

Inthebrow

Looks like she's getting slated for non size inclusivity of the line. If it was so important to her she should have had the balls to stand up to them and say I can't do the collab if you don't include xyz. This looks really half arsed. Not to mention the thinspo YSL shot a few stories later. Also, she's been played by Mango who know that she is the one who will take the heat, not them 🙄

Attachments

• Wow

SpritneyBeers

Very odd photo of her posted on the Vogue France insta account, lots of criticism in the comments......

• Wow
  • Haha

ellamae

Chatty Member
Interesting on how much she charges. I wonder what the commission structure is with her agent/manager. She said the model agency model didn't work for her, so it sounds like she has a more dedicated person. Would they be on a retainer? I guess if you're bringing in £500K you can afford to pay a retainer! https://amyodell.substack.com/p/influencers-talk-honestly-about-how
Was refreshing to some an influencer talk so honestly about money tbf normally they awkwardly avoid answering

d0llhouse

Shout out to the peeps in the comments for critiquing the fashion industry's role in promoting the return of heroin chic. The connotations are not even subtle.

Last edited:
Why would you stop wearing something you already own? Purchased or not. It’s such virtue signalling I can’t stand it. I wouldn’t buy Balenciaga again but anyone to criticise my existing purchase and openly wearing them can jog on. Totally agree with her comments.

Reactions: 5

olsenrow

Why would you stop wearing something you already own? Purchased or not. It’s such virtue signalling I can’t stand it. I wouldn’t buy Balenciaga again but anyone to criticise my existing purchase and openly wearing them can jog on. Totally agree with her comments.
Much more impactful to stop buying Balenciaga than stop wearing Balenciaga. If you already own it, it makes no difference

Reactions: 5