Camille Charrière

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
-Parisian
-skinny
-blonde
-lives in Notting Hill

With all of the above, she had no choice but to become an influencer. In my opinion, she's a French millennial Carrie Bradshaw

Reactions: 7
But apparently someone who was born with no money or family connections. She's entirely self-made. Apparently.

Reactions: 2
I feel like the first time I came across her was in an Alexa Chung video? She was sort of a cliche of a french girl in London in an entertaining/eye roll way. But I haven't paid much attention since! I need to check her IG and see what she is up to know.

Glad Camille finally has a thread! I first came across her because Claire Chanel was bringing her a get well gift. She had seriously injured her foot on a night out that required surgery. Her Instagram post about it was her trying to pose like Victoria Beckham with her leg up, but wearing a Burberry bikini. I thought it was all weird. Then she was supposed to be a fashion expert with her podcast but I thought her and Monica just sounded self-indulgent.

Whatever happened to her podcast? I remember listening when she just got engaged and she made it sound as if she was an old maid who finally found someone!

I stopped following years ago because of her posting "funny" body shaming memes on her instagram. Remember her being extremely cringe about relationships. seeing this thread prompted me to google her and find this weird article....

She has this really odd perception of herself as someone who’s struggled to find love purely because she’s gotten married in her thirties? It’s so bizarre, I don’t know if it’s a cultural difference and in France it’s looked down upon?

Not at all. I also found her whole feature about people talking about her dress so bizarre.

Her dress was see through FFS, of course people were going to talk about it. She’d have been disappointed if they hadn’t.

Had no idea this irritant existed before this thread. Having read the pieces linked, I loathe her already. Thanks a bunch Tattlers! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m not sure I buy the self made. I must have followed her for over 10 years before she started getting major work and the show invites etc. Even back then she swam in that west London/ Chelsea circle full of socialites, always at Lou Lou’s etc. She was also single (she told you at every chance) so it’s not like she had a wealthy bf that connected her to that world.

The second dress was totally horrific. It’s your wedding for gods sake. I could of maybe seen her wearing a mini version of that dress for an after party. She could have probably pulled that off.

Reactions: 4
I also don’t think she’s self made. If I remember correctly in the Alexa Chung style video she talked a bit about her family and shopping with her mom.
Sounded like they always went for the good expensive stuff 🤔

Reactions: 3
I think she used to be a writer for Netaporter! Is that how she knows Claire Chanel? Did they work there together? (tit how did I know this rubbish!)

Glad Camille finally has a thread! I first came across her because Claire Chanel was bringing her a get well gift. She had seriously injured her foot on a night out that required surgery. Her Instagram post about it was her trying to pose like Victoria Beckham with her leg up, but wearing a Burberry bikini. I thought it was all weird. Then she was supposed to be a fashion expert with her podcast but I thought her and Monica just sounded self-indulgent.

Thank you for this thread!! On the self-made front, my two cents is that she still comes from a somewhat rich family, but not the typical ultra rich..

I think "born with no money" has a totally different meaning for people like them.. for me it means, you grew up in a 1 bedroom flat with a family of 5, parents working 3 jobs to put food on the table, etc.. For them it probably means: I had a normal childhood and received most of the things a kid could need, my parents paid for uni and a London flat until I could get a first job in my field, but they are not billion dollar rich like others in the same neighbourhood...

Don't know if what I wrote makes sense but hopefully you get my gist..

Reactions: 13
She’s like Brittany Bathgate in the sense that both of their partners are exceedingly more interesting (and talented) than them!

Reactions: 5
Influencers get paid way into the 6 figures for these collabs. She’s supposed to be so eco friendly but then partners with a major fast fashion brand. Que the speech about her collections carbon foot print.

It’s interesting isn’t it that she and her husband rent. She said in an interview recently that London is too expensive and she might buy in Paris instead. Maybe there is no deposit coming from mum/dad or in laws. In comparison to Lucy Williams who easily spent over a mil on her property. C and hubby rent in Notting Hill which will be expensive

I can’t really imagine CC moving from Notting Hill to buy, she doesn’t seem as settled down as someone like Lucy

Reactions: 1
Thank you for this thread!! On the self-made front, my two cents is that she still comes from a somewhat rich family, but not the typical ultra rich..

I think "born with no money" has a totally different meaning for people like them.. for me it means, you grew up in a 1 bedroom flat with a family of 5, parents working 3 jobs to put food on the table, etc.. For them it probably means: I had a normal childhood and received most of the things a kid could need, my parents paid for uni and a London flat until I could get a first job in my field, but they are not billion dollar rich like others in the same neighbourhood...

Don't know if what I wrote makes sense but hopefully you get my gist..
To be fair she has admitted her family helped her.
I think she comes from a good family, with some money but no connections to the fashion world. She sees herself as self made because of that.