Camila Cabello & Shawn Mendes Relationship

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is Camila still being a beard and why doesn't Shawn feel he can just come out as gay? I get that for his huge female fanbase he is probably pressured by his record label to look like they could one day stand a chance with him. But what does Camila get out of it?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
He was heavily rumoured to have had something going on with Nick Jonas. And his [Nick] relationship is about as believable as Elton John playing it straight.

Niall Horan and him are very close and good friends, but there have always been whispers of more when you see pics/vids of them interacting. It looks very loving and close.

I definitely believe that Shawn is gay, and I wish he could come out if it is the case he is gay. But we all know the industry is still very homophobic.

Reactions: 8
I think if he's said he's straight and that all of the exclamations that he's gay makes him uncomfortable, that should be respected but his and camila's relationship is the biggest industry setup I've seen in years regardless. They're two of the most boring people in the industry ever and she's been exposed for being racist in the past so maybe management have put them together to improve her image.

Reactions: 7
I remember seeing something on TV a few years ago with Shawn performing a small show for adoring fans. Mainly female, they were pretty much screaming throughout, seemingly oblivious to him being as queer as a bottle of crisps.

Reactions: 2
Why is Camila still being a beard and why doesn't Shawn feel he can just come out as gay? I get that for his huge female fanbase he is probably pressured by his record label to look like they could one day stand a chance with him. But what does Camila get out of it?

There are rumours Camila is gay too.

His family are ultra religious,hardcore Catholics.I suspect he fears their reaction if he ever came out.But yeah,this relationship is ridiculous and no one is buying it.It makes them both look stupid.

Reactions: 7
If they wanted to convince people of this relationship, being more subtle would've probably worked. But him bringing her up at any given chance in every interview, the cringe photos with the even cringier captions, them being "papped" right outside her home in Miami, him talking about how "every song he's ever written is about her", it's all a bit over the top. I always find using your relationships for promo to be tacky and this one is just so badly executed.

Reactions: 6
I’ve seen him live and he is a very good live performer. I don’t really follow his personal life though. I think it’s really sad that either he’s gay and feels pressure not to come out or he’s not even gay and is being pressured. Either way, I think he comes across as boring because he mostly just likes to make music.

He came from the Cameron Dallas YouTube/vine money making magcon factory when very young, a group of boys constantly touring doing all kinds of cringy performing acts on stage to try to become famous and a lot of them ended up on drink and drugs. I think Shawn seems to have stayed on the clean side. Having teenage girls he really isn’t the worst pop idol for them to admire frankly!

Reactions: 5
So it seems he probably got robbed because he hasn't been paying bills.....

Look at the album sales of his three albums and how each one has sold less than the previous one. I think his fanbase have outgrown him, hate that he feels they wouldn't stand by him if he came out and they see his beard as unlikeable......

Why would you stan Shawn Mendes when Harry Styles is right there??:sneaky: Jokes aside, he's always seemed lovely but a bit boring, kind of like the epitome of vanilla. His music has barely evolved since the first album, its all made-for-radio boring pop, and with more innovative male artists in the industry like Lil Nas X, Harry, Bruno Mars etc, the days of a white man with an acoustic guitar being enough are behind us. Even Lewis Capaldi has realised that having a killer personality is needed to make such dreary music popular. I think whatever this little stint with Camila is was the worst decision he made because she's making him unlikeable rather than him reviving her career. I agree his fanbase are outgrowing him and young teens are looking to tiktokkers rather than has-been popstars.

See I like Shawn Mendes as a person. He's seems totally nice, good hearted, he's far from ugly and probably wouldn't hurt a fly.

But his music is utter shite. He's done a few songs that are okay, quite catchy radio tracks. But nothing standout and defining. Which is sad because he has a very good voice and could do so much more.

I don't honestly care whether he is gay or straight (I think gay personally, and that something happened between him and Nick Jonas, but that is a conspiracy for another time 😂), but I don't think Camila offers anything even as a beard. The relationship is so fake, whether he is gay or straight, nobody is buying their relationship.

Reactions: 4
I remember him being on the radio a few years back and they were asking him about Camila. He reckons he was driving down cabello drive and the just knew it was a sign and had to tell her she was the one 😂 don’t know why that’s stuck with me but I always think about just how made up it is!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Aren't people allowed to be bisexual anymore. It's seems like people get put in either the straight or gay box 😄

Reactions: 11

Hopefully the end is nigh on her days as a beard and Shawn can come out soon.

Anyone seen the video of drunk Shawn (then under 21) trying to enter a pub in Dublin?

Even Stevie Wonder could tell he is gay...

Pity he doesn't feel comfortable to be himself.

Thought Rick Martin coming out and keeping his huge female fan base (myself included) would be a push for Shawn but nope. Such a shame...