Callie Thorpe #3 Dear Lord, what a sad little life Callie, your whole life is an AD

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why didn’t they just set this up as a charity or not for profit company? It would surely show their honest intentions of wanting to help people rather than just looking like (and probably actually are), a money grabbing scheme.

If they genuinely want to help with people’s mental health and wellbeing then they should be doing this without the massive fee. You could easily put on some workshops with conversations from trained people about coping mechanisms, mental health and self care, do crafting sessions for wellbeing, some health sessions about benefits of walking for mental health etc and get funding to keep the company going/raise funds which go straight back into the company.

If you genuinely want to help people, surely that’s the way to do it? You have to have the passion and drive to provide proper support and guidance. If they think they can charge £20 to put people in a room to just talk to each other...then I give them 2 weeks before people want their money back. It’s very hard work that can’t be a quick fix or a temporary idea that they get bored of quickly!!

Reactions: 5
Be interesting come month two/three how many people still remain signed up

it’s the smugness of them both which gets me. Profiting over mental health 🤦‍♂️

Be interesting come month two/three how many people still remain signed up

it’s the smugness of them both which gets me. Profiting over mental health 🤦‍♂️
I wonder how many people will sign up and not get round to cancel.

Reactions: 2
Haven’t posted in a while and unfollowed her ages ago but still followed the confidence corner. The absolute gall of her! Callie abandoned TCC for aaaages and now she wants to charge people for the privilege of things like ‘lists of plus sized retailers.’ I feel sorry for anyone who doesn’t see it as her just finding a way to line her pockets. If it was really about getting people involved and caring, it wouldn’t cost more than £5/month. You can’t whine about inclusivity then create an exclusive platform.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Why didn’t they just set this up as a charity or not for profit company? It would surely show their honest intentions of wanting to help people rather than just looking like (and probably actually are), a money grabbing scheme.

If they genuinely want to help with people’s mental health and wellbeing then they should be doing this without the massive fee. You could easily put on some workshops with conversations from trained people about coping mechanisms, mental health and self care, do crafting sessions for wellbeing, some health sessions about benefits of walking for mental health etc and get funding to keep the company going/raise funds which go straight back into the company.

If you genuinely want to help people, surely that’s the way to do it? You have to have the passion and drive to provide proper support and guidance. If they think they can charge £20 to put people in a room to just talk to each other...then I give them 2 weeks before people want their money back. It’s very hard work that can’t be a quick fix or a temporary idea that they get bored of quickly!!
Yep, or use a “pay what you feel” model. I’m a member of a discussion group for sex & relationships and it uses a model where you pay according to what you can afford/feel you get out of it. I pay €15 a month because I love it and have found it useful, but the scale goes from €1 upwards.

Yep, or use a “pay what you feel” model. I’m a member of a discussion group for sex & relationships and it uses a model where you pay according to what you can afford/feel you get out of it. I pay €15 a month because I love it and have found it useful, but the scale goes from €1 upwards.
Gal-dem have quite a good payment model too, you can sponsor someone else’s place and I believe they’ve got a concessions for students or low paid workers too. But that’s a properly inclusive mag, with very high quality output.

Reactions: 9
I can’t understand why I’ve not seen any comments on their posts saying how expensive membership is. I’ve only seen comments from people fawning all over them.

Reactions: 3
Yep. Even people like Alex from the Frugality fawning over them. Boils my piss.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
I can’t understand why I’ve not seen any comments on their posts saying how expensive membership is. I’ve only seen comments from people fawning all over them.
She's a deleter of the negative comments! No one is allowed to challenge or question her behaviour and if you do leave anything less than fawning her mates go for you and she doesn't stop them ! All the be kind waffle goes out of the window if Conning Callie is critiqued !

Reactions: 9
None of the bloggers and influencers fawning over the Con Corner will actually pay to join, you can be sure of that.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.