Caitlin Moran #did not stay at home.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The type of person who thinks it’s ok to ask about “men” who have an opinion as to an “ideal wife” is the problem.
Wife is a very loaded word even before you place “ideal” in front of it.
So heteronormative, much feminist.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Apart from a couple of exceptions it was a very white list. I wonder if Caitlin will cover that in her ghastly 'thing'. Or requote herself re Girls 'I couldn't give a tit'.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Apart from a couple of exceptions it was a very white list. I wonder if Caitlin will cover that in her ghastly 'thing'. Or requote herself re Girls 'I couldn't give a tit'.
I see now that based on her very rigorous twitter poll she thinks she has enough data to “write the chapter accordingly”.

So maybe a “How to Be a Woman vol.2” Chapter 5: What middle class white Men say that they Want

Which will presumably just be read by fellow middle class white women and therefore the lack of any kind of diversity will just not be noticed. Also, half of the soft-lit book promoters are actually on the list so I’m sure she’ll have no trouble with that

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
This unwelcome apparition just greeted me on Instagram 😱 if I have to suffer then you should too.
View attachment 448177
What the duck is a 'love back-up list'? I'm so annoyed with myself because I know I am going to have to find out. I presume it is another middle class metropolitan literati quirky made up *thing*. The sort of nonsense most people don't have time for/can't be arsed with.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Nothing against those who choose to gef married but writing about married women as the default seems odd feministing to me.

Reactions: 10
Love the use of feminist as a verb there @Mselvista
That what it feels like with Moran "just doing some feministing for this week"s column, Pete. I'll be done in a sec".
Some of the stuff she has said on Twitter- to me - shows she doesn't have much in the way of feminist instincts. She on Adam Buxton's "just to be a feminist about it for a minute..." or somethinh like it's a hat she puts on. Idk that's how it sometimes seems to me.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
This unwelcome apparition just greeted me on Instagram 😱 if I have to suffer then you should too.
View attachment 448177
I read it (I was bored) it was a really really tit premise - really patronising and just... tit. Scraped the barrel with that one. Basically how her and her friends will divvy up their husbands if anything happens to them. Husbands now thinking ‘you what love? No they are *your* friends and I put up with them’

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Divvy up their husbands? Ew. She’s so boring and reductive and lives in a tiny rich bubble of twats.

• Haha
I read it (I was bored) it was a really really tit premise - really patronising and just... tit. Scraped the barrel with that one. Basically how her and her friends will divvy up their husbands if anything happens to them. Husbands now thinking ‘you what love? No they are *your* friends and I put up with them’
Eeuww - who would be lumbered with India's Eric? :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 8
She was kicking off on Twitter big time about Dominic Cummings breaking the rules. When I pointed out that her attending a garden party was a crappy reason to break the rules at the peak of the pandemic, I was swiftly blocked.

She's a twit.

• Haha
she's at it again. the absolute privilege of this statement that's being shared with little criticism all over twitter. literally millions of women don't have a choice whether they need to go out after dark. cleaners, retail workers, call centre staff, nurses, doctors, teachers, emergency services... and that's without even saying that men just need to bleeping behave

20210310_203146.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 8
she's at it again. the absolute privilege of this statement that's being shared with little criticism all over twitter. literally millions of women don't have a choice whether they need to go out after dark. cleaners, retail workers, call centre staff, nurses, doctors, teachers, emergency services... and that's without even saying that men just need to bleeping behave

View attachment 476704
She is such an entitled patronising head!!!! 😤

Reactions: 9

View attachment 476704
The absolute privilege of that statement and it’ll have gone right over her head! I often work until 10 or 11pm and travel home on my own. To be able to choose to not go out in the dark of winter! Tell all your feminist men to bleeping control themselves, Caitlin 😡

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.