Caitlin Moran #did not stay at home.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was never working class! Her parents were chaotic bohemians who were poor because they had eight kids. It's not the same.

Reactions: 19
CM lives in a massive house in a very middle class & lovely bit of London (the only downside to where she lives is no tube. Other than that, it’s wonderful) and her and her husband both have a platform in national newspapers as well as nearly a million Twitter followers between them. I can’t believe she’s still peddling the same working class schtick when it sounds like her parents were just middle class drop outs.

Reactions: 22
This is on the Sali Hughes thread (these eejits all seem interchangeable tbh) but belongs here.
Eaves Wilder is Caitlin and Pete Paphides daughter. Lauren Laverne played her choon on 6 extra without mentioning her parents are old family friends. They all seem to be pretending she is an unknown 🤭. So no nepotism there.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
The Blue tickers, the social media floggers and those who think they can lecture from their column in The Times get the criticism they deserve because of incidents like this .

Its always been the same ; It’s who you know , not what you know that elevates some over others.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
This is on the Sali Hughes thread (these eejits all seem interchangeable tbh) but belongs here.
Eaves Wilder is Caitlin and Pete Paphides daughter. Lauren Laverne played her choon on 6 extra without mentioning her parents are old family friends. They all seem to be pretending she is an unknown 🤭. So no nepotism there.
I also find it semi unlikely she wakes up to the radio every morning, no young people I know listen to the radio?

Reactions: 9
It really is not right that LL did not have to declare her link to the artist. I bet they were all skipping about screaming at her "first time being played on the radio" like some scene in a movie. Bullshit.

Basically your auntie played it. Not the same...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have a tiny bit of sympathy for her because she's clearly talented, and to make it in that industry you obviously have to take advantage of every connection you have - which is why there has been a dearth of successful working class musicians in recent years. But if you're going to do that, and succeed over your equally talented working class counterparts, I feel like there should be some mention of who your parents are - otherwise it gives the impression you've risen above the rest from sheer talent and hard work. It stinks that if you google Eaves Wilder + parents you don't get any indication of who they are.

And where does 'Wilder' come from? Deliberately distancing herself from Paphides/Moran? Cynical.

And where does 'Wilder' come from? Deliberately distancing herself from Paphides/Moran? Cynical.
Doesn't the protagonist in Moran's fiction series adopt the name Dolly Wilde? I thought maybe it was a play on that - she is 'wilder' than her mother.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Here’s a thought. Instead of all the smoke & mirrors, fake PR stories etc, just be honest. Release your song, let it stand up or fall down on its own. Use the usual means to attempt airplay. Not sure who came up with the anonymous idea but insulting people’s intelligence is never a good look.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes why couldn't she just release it on a Youtube channel or something?

It does stink. And all the more so when CM and LL relentlessly peddle their supposed working class roots.

Reactions: 8
Yes why couldn't she just release it on a Youtube channel or something?

It does stink. And all the more so when CM and LL relentlessly peddle their supposed working class roots.
I know! They're the first to bleat on about pulling themselves up by their bootstrap, gravel for breakfast etc

Reactions: 4
Sorry if this has already been discussed previously, but from the twitter thread that @Lemsipmax posted about her recent dodgy feminism article:

Intersectional feminism - who is she?

• Angry
  • Sad
As someone married to a Black woman who has been endlessly taunted and abused for her Black features, I could bleeping scream at her latest tit piece. What a clueless and racist bag of tit she is.

I am posting all relevant tweets and replies here in the hope that if that witch does trawl the net looking for mentions of herself, she might actually bleeping learn something. Or Sali’s henchwoman could do something to earn another pair of bleeping ugly boots.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
As someone married to a Black woman who has been endlessly taunted and abused for her Black features, I could bleeping scream at her latest tit piece. What a clueless and racist bag of tit she is.

I am posting all relevant tweets and replies here in the hope that if that witch does trawl the net looking for mentions of herself, she might actually bleeping learn something. Or Sali’s henchwoman could do something to earn another pair of bleeping ugly boots.
Thank you. Moran’s whole ‘take’ is vile and so ignorant. Her privilege in being paid to write such witless and genuinely offensive dross is off the scale.

I WOULD actually scream the place down if it wasn’t for the fact that I would scare my three (Black) children.

I am furious.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
I hate that dismissal of "Germaine Greer feminists". Whatever you think of GG - and she can be wildly wrong and infuriating and many things - she was hugely groundbreaking and inspiring and it's very easy to take The Female Eunuch for granted 50 years after it was written. Because, believe me, a lot of it is still depressingly true.

(I'm referring to one of the tweets posted above, not defending CM)

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.