Caitlin Moran #did not stay at home.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Link to The Times article extracts.
Honestly it all seems so puerile 😬 Especially the bits on penises. No insight or depth. Just 'big willies fnarrr fnarrrr'.

ETA her whole writing style seems to be endless tedious anecdotes about herself, family and friends with small bit of sub fifth form analysis tacked onto the end to make it seem important. Because she realised it couldn't be just yet another very thinly disguised memoir.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Link to The Times article extracts.
Honestly it all seems so puerile 😬 Especially the bits on penises. No insight or depth. Just 'big willies fnarrr fnarrrr'.

ETA her whole writing style seems to be endless tedious anecdotes about herself, family and friends with small bit of sub fifth form analysis tacked onto the end to make it seem important. Because she realised it couldn't be just yet another very thinly disguised memoir.
I couldnt read much of that, it was so grim, and badly written. Plus, there is a dancing man emoji! 🕺🏻

Reactions: 10
I couldnt read much of that, it was so grim, and badly written. Plus, there is a dancing man emoji! 🕺🏻
She isn't a good writer is she?
That whole second part was about women making men feel bad by saying they have small willies as the ultimate insult when they have been scorned. But don't listen to them. That literally seemed to be it.
Groundbreaking stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
She isn't a good writer is she?
That whole second part was about women making men feel bad by saying they have small willies as the ultimate insult when they have been scorned. But don't listen to them. That literally seemed to be it.
Groundbreaking stuff.
She’s just insulting everyone’s intelligence now.

Reactions: 11
Absolutely this. She’s the epitome of ‘write about what you know’ but how many times can she repackage the same old shite?

Reactions: 12
She looks unhygienic, her kitchen is a grimy looking mess and her writing is boring. How she is a highly paid columnist makes no sense. And I dislike her face on the front of her book and those grey bits of hair.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Fear of death
Well, this is a very basic fear, and I totally get it. But if there is to be a male feminism, this would be a good issue to have as a primary campaign: a putative “GOOD NEWS, MEN — MEDICINE CAN SAVE YOU!” message. It feels very different for women. It seems like half the women I know of my age have triumphed over serious illness. We almost have “survive breast cancer” on our To-Do Lists around the age of 50. Within ten minutes of feeling a lump, we’ve booked into the doctors and googled “sexy chemo wig”. We’re ready.

--

That's got to be one of the most tone deaf things I've ever seen her write and she's written a lot of egregiously self obsessed bollocks.

Sexy chemo wig? duck you, Caitlin. Seriously.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Fear of death
Well, this is a very basic fear, and I totally get it. But if there is to be a male feminism, this would be a good issue to have as a primary campaign: a putative “GOOD NEWS, MEN — MEDICINE CAN SAVE YOU!” message. It feels very different for women. It seems like half the women I know of my age have triumphed over serious illness. We almost have “survive breast cancer” on our To-Do Lists around the age of 50. Within ten minutes of feeling a lump, we’ve booked into the doctors and googled “sexy chemo wig”. We’re ready.

--

That's got to be one of the most tone deaf things I've ever seen her write and she's written a lot of egregiously self obsessed bollocks.

Sexy chemo wig? duck you, Caitlin. Seriously.
Omg. I missed that reading that extract.
What the bleeping hell is wrong with her.
I'm sure a lot of us, sadly if not most, have lost female family members and friends to cancer, and googling 'sexy chemo wig' was not a glib hilarious clapback to the diagnosis.
She is such a profoundly and deeply silly puerile person.
I hope her rotten book tanks.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.