Budgeting and money saving

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s a great idea! We have a lot of takeaways and for 2 of us it often costs over £35/40 a pop as we like to get a variety of dishes (we have leftovers, we don't eat it all in one go!) and I’m conscious how much we spend.
Recently my partner has been driving to the local Chinese (this one doesn’t deliver) and I’ve been ordering a Chinese curry and rice in the same container - it’s about £6 or £7 and is plenty for 2 meals. My partner gets a few little bits and we’re spending less than £20 now. I really can’t believe how much I was spending before.
Takeaways are our treat that we really don’t want to give up so to save a bit of money on them has been great.
I feel like I could've wrote this myself 😅 My partner seemed to forget you can cut out the £3/4 delivery charge and go to the takeaway itself. I feel like the local out of the city centre takeaways are much nicer anyway.

We also have 3 Tom Kerridge cookbooks, he has quite a few healthy takeaway alternatives amongst other things, we put a bit of music on, crack the drinks out and cook them together, its actually ended up being one of my favourite ways to spend an evening in together, a lot cheaper than takeaway too

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've seen a thread all about this and Depop.
I’ve linked it below:

A friend suggested the TooGoodToGo app and I’ve tried a few magic bags. It’s great if you aren’t a fussy eater and the stuff you get is worth a lot more than what you pay. There are allsorts of food places: Yo Sushi, Greggs, Starbucks, Cafe Nero aswell as independent food places.

Reactions: 5