Brummy Mummy #29 DLP.....Airbnb.... Stay home and work on your USP!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a part time teacher (I work five mornings a week). I'm at the top of the pay scale before the threshold. I bring home £1380ish quid a month. There's no way we could afford DLP even with husbands wage...
Exactly. My husband will be an NQT+2 (in an academy who pay 4% above LA) and I’ll be an NQT next September (I’m qualified now but having a baby) And we worked out we will be bringing in just under £3000 depending on if I can get/want a .4 or .6 position. It’s the most money we’ll have ever been bringing in (we both worked in care previously) and we’re looking at maybe going away for a week summer 2022 but we’re not sure we can afford it let alone Disney (would be a dream of mine).

Reactions: 3
Even if she was called via the track and trace to say she had eaten in a restaurant where someone has now tested postitive....she wouldn't self isolate.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
View attachment 206249
No babs you’re not yourself, you’re a deceitful narcissist who can’t be relatable in the slightest.
Rosie is honest and is more relatable than you could ever dream of becoming.
Who the bleeping hell is she to try and give Rosie advice!!!!
This has infuriated me!!!!
Rosie is honest, truthful, funny, likeable, doesn't exploit Robin, knows her boundaries and has self respect!
Don't compare yourself to her Emma! Cos only in your 8.30pm dreams could you ever hope to be a smidgen of the mum Rosie is!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes you can, but what I can’t understand is £800 and lay in bed at 8pm what bing kid programmes with just the girl, why not play games, or go for a walk along the beach, she’s not much of an influencer of that type of holiday, my child would be bored
Thanks! I thought it was like that! Like I said I’ve never been to one (although it does actually look fun, especially if you have kids the same age as hers!)
Really we should have guessed ‘Luce’ was babs. She’s not creative enough to come up with a decent screen name so just names herself after the dog 🙄🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don’t know if any of you have seen this but.. here’s Babs in her teaching days.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Also the getting up at 6.30 thing is just weird!! I’m not a morning person so I don’t know if it’s that but as a kid I would get up at 7ish on school days which was always plenty of time to get ready and have breakfast ect. My parents work night shifts so we always had everything organised like shoes/coats/bags packed so mum could get us to school and go to bed. We never had any of the “where’s your school shoes” “why can’t you find your coat” malarkey that she seems to have. I don’t get why her entire family is up at half six even on holidays or weekends. Obvs you might be used to waking up but snuggling in for a wee nap is the best bit of weekends. I’m also positive that by the time I was 8 or 9 I wasn’t going to bed until maybe 9.30pmish?? Defo 10oclock by the time I was in late primary school. I had an older brother so I dunno if that was a factor but it’s so weird that her kids are in bed by 8. It’s like she’s trying to keep them in a younger routine espesh sharing a bed. if she’s some sort of natural morning person then say that rather than implying that every parent is like her. Her kids are going to rebel like duck and she’s going to be spinning trying to keep control while trying to appear like a supportive mum.

Reactions: 14
I had no idea that was the school she worked in! Bloody hell, how on earth did she survive acting the way she does around the kids there? They’d destroy her!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I had no idea that was the school she worked in! Bloody hell, how on earth did she survive acting the way she does around the kids there? They’d destroy her!!
Clearly why flahing her sweaty gunt, lying, exploiting her kids and the annual bathroom floor meltdowns seemed like a better career choice 🤷‍♀️

I think you made a typo Emma!!!!
I've corrected it for you!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Kids do get fed up with going to the same place. A few years ago we got caught up in the must go to Florida every year and go to Disney universals Busch gardens etc. We did this for 5/6 years some years going twice.
we thought the kids were loving it and then one of them said something like not again when I said I was booking the summer trip and looking for best deals on tickets. I was like what do you mean not again, thought youloved it and they said yes we did but we’ve been so many times it’s boring now.
Same with merlin passes. We had them for years and live near a lot of the attractions and would go to legoland after school and Thorpe park on a weekend or chessington and then realised the kids were bored. There was no excitement on the rides as they had done them all so many times.
We are going again and were due to go to California this year, now rebooked first next year but have made an effort to explore other parts of America kie as well as Europe.
She might be lucky and hers might enjoy going on the same rides day after day and queuing in the heat. Mine wanted more and more pool day’s and less time in the parks.
I will say if you can be bothered to tear yourself away from the parks the beaches in Florida are amazing.

I know I'm in the minority on here but I have been going to WDW in Florida on and off since I was a kid. Not every year, but every other since having my own family. So as much as I hate to say it, it is the ONLY thing I relate to from Brummy 🤦‍♀️ But we don't go on a gazillion other trips in addition and we all love it. I'm not a good traveller and don't feel safe going to new places (long story) but when I'm in that Disney bubble I feel 110% safe and can relax, and for me, thats a holiday 🤷‍♀️💗

Reactions: 14
I know I'm in the minority on here but I have been going to WDW in Florida on and off since I was a kid. Not every year, but every other since having my own family. So as much as I hate to say it, it is the ONLY thing I relate to from Brummy 🤦‍♀️ But we don't go on a gazillion other trips in addition and we all love it. I'm not a good traveller and don't feel safe going to new places (long story) but when I'm in that Disney bubble I feel 110% safe and can relax, and for me, thats a holiday 🤷‍♀️💗
And that’s great. If that’s what makes you and your family happy then I’m all here for it!

But she isn’t she’s doing it for the gram, to be smug, to be validated by strangers she doesn’t know. Her holidays are posted constantly for engagement. It’s sad

• Heart
Reactions: 8
And that’s great. If that’s what makes you and your family happy then I’m all here for it!

But she isn’t she’s doing it for the gram, to be smug, to be validated by strangers she doesn’t know. Her holidays are posted constantly for engagement. It’s sad
Absolutely! I post nothing about my holidays on my own Social media cos I know how it can look,,,,,,, i send pics to our private family WhatsApp groups cos grandparents, cousins, aunty etc love seeing them, the world outside my family does not 🤣🤣

Reactions: 5
Absolutely! I post nothing about my holidays on my own Social media cos I know how it can look,,,,,,, i send pics to our private family WhatsApp groups cos grandparents, cousins, aunty etc love seeing them, the world outside my family does not 🤣🤣
I bet you don’t claim it as a business expense for tax purposes either 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t know if any of you have seen this but.. here’s Babs in her teaching days.

I remember that from back in the day. When she was a part time teacher. So cringe, I wonder what all those former colleagues think of what she’s become.

I saw her DLP vlogs and it looks like the kind of holiday you'd maybe take your children on once for a once in a lifetime experience. My 3 year old would absolutely love toy story world. However, if you go again and again doesn't it eventually become boring and lose its magic? There is a whole world out there. Why would you want to constantly visit the same place over and over again?
We go to DLP every month to 6 weeks. We love it, and have done WDW this year and Tokyo Disney in the past.

Each to their own, and maybe I’m biased because we don’t just do Disney holidays, but if you find somewhere you love why not go as often as you can? We go to Iceland a couple of times a year because we love it, and it’s never become boring 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.