Brummy Mummy #16 Pre op, no time to shop, new book a total flop, don’t give Ste a wallop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very close for title. Only a few votes in it.
Congrats @Good Egg. @MrsBriggs was a tight second.
Continue on.

Full title Brummy Mummy #16 Pre op, no time to shop, new book a total flop, don’t give Ste a wallop!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
8FA16D9B-787C-4F18-9F42-C16D6FFFF7E8.png

So apparently the book cover design took months of meetings and lots of tweaking. Why on earth have they put yellow and orange writing on a pink background? It’s so hard to see it. I call bullshit on the ‘labour of love’ that Brummy called the process. It’s clearly been designed by someone who hasn’t got an eye for colour and probably took four minutes.

Reactions: 21
My daughter is 9 and could easily whip up a better cover in about 10 minutes!

Reactions: 10
View attachment 77812

So apparently the book cover design took months of meetings and lots of tweaking. Why on earth have they put yellow and orange writing on a pink background? It’s so hard to see it. I call bullshit on the ‘labour of love’ that Brummy called the process. It’s clearly been designed by someone who hasn’t got an eye for colour and probably took four minutes.
4 minutes of work would be a labour of love for Brummy? 🤣🤣

And what is PEEALONE? 🤣 looks like it’s all one word!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
View attachment 77812
Clearly not designed by babs cos if it was designed by her surely she would have the golden child Erin at top getting to momma first looks like the boy is gonna get to her first .....plus you can clearly see she’s straining in the pic so not peeing but shitting 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It’s a ‘book for mums’. Now I’m not particularly into all this PC stuff as it can escalate into nonsense, however this does seem a little 1980s. What about dads, or just parents/caregivers? The main caregivers these days aren’t just ‘mums’.

Reactions: 31
Very close for title. Only a few votes in it.
Congrats @Good Egg. @MrsBriggs was a tight second.
Continue on.
Right, as I’m stressed & struggling with only coming second place, I’m going to have a Thread Cake & sink my teeth into a very large Victoria Sponge! 👍🏻😬

It’s a ‘book for mums’. Now I’m not particularly into all this PC stuff as it can escalate into nonsense, however this does seem a little 1980s. What about dads, or just parents/caregivers? The main caregivers these days aren’t just ‘mums’.
Too right! Bit of ‘exclusion’ going on there! Must have taken minutes, errrr MONTHS to come up with that book cover. Eat your heart out Quentin Blake!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
“Developing the cover was one of my fave things about the book writing process” yeah because I imagine the actual writing part would be a real chore for someone who is a) not an actual poet and b) so used to spending all day every day slobbing around in her pjs

Reactions: 16
View attachment 77812
Is anyone else kinda surprised it's not a photo of Emma on the loo, flanked by Erin and Ethan, just a biscuit covering her modesty??

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
The book cover is boring and generic. However, I like how some of the letters are the colour of different shades of wee!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Right, as I’m stressed & struggling with only coming second place, I’m going to have a Thread Cake & sink my teeth into a very large Victoria Sponge! 👍🏻😬

Too right! Bit of ‘exclusion’ going on there! Must have taken minutes, errrr MONTHS to come up with that book cover. Eat your heart out Quentin Blake!

Yay my second thread title #wheresmyballooncakeandadmiration? 🧐😚🤩😆

I’d like to dedicate this thread to @MrsBriggs Snark on peeps 🎂🥂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
As a teacher, and soon to be published author (!), you'd have thought she might have pushed for the second comma to be included in that tag line. Pedantic, I know, but it should be something that was picked up if anyone cared even a little bit about it.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.