Brogan Tate #82 never the bridesmaid, never the bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I said the same to my fella, I made sausage in onion gravy the other night with mash and veg, and it cost less than £1.50 for the 3 of us, 50p each essentially (cheap veg and pots from tesco before Christmas and we like the 80p fresh tesco sausages, might not be as "healthy", and I use that term loosely, as the more expensive ones, but we really like the flavour). I couldn't justify getting a Hello Fresh subscription and ordering sausage and mash.
I love a cheap sausage or a thick Richmond 🤤

Reactions: 6
The thing that surprises me the most about them not having a dining table is that Brogan thinks she posh and middle/upper class people usually think eating your tea on your knee in front of the tv is what common folk do. I can imagine it being the kind of thing that MeJulie looks down her nose at. Even if you rarely use it, who doesn’t have a dining table if they’ve got enough room for one? If she was smart enough she could have both a sofa AND a table in there because she could get a small extendable table that sits 2/4 but extends to 6 or a drop leaf table, they take up hardly any space. But no table at all is crazy IMO. She’s obviously not planning on inviting anybody round for Christmas Dinner or a Sunday dinner, is she? So weird.

Reactions: 27
The thing that surprises me the most about them not having a dining table is that Brogan thinks she posh and middle/upper class people usually think eating your tea on your knee in front of the tv is what common folk do. I can imagine it being the kind of thing that MeJulie looks down her nose at. Even if you rarely use it, who doesn’t have a dining table if they’ve got enough room for one? If she was smart enough she could have both a sofa AND a table in there because she could get a small extendable table that sits 2/4 but extends to 6 or a drop leaf table, they take up hardly any space. But no table at all is crazy IMO. She’s obviously not planning on inviting anybody round for Christmas Dinner or a Sunday dinner, is she? So weird.
I can understand if you don’t have the space for a dining table but they clearly do. Personally think she’s never going to have friends/family round, I would be super uncomfortable if I was invited somewhere for dinner then had to balance my plate on my knee or heaven forbid a lap tray even if it was a take away… so bad for digestion and eating in from on the tv like a zombie not paying attention to what there shovelling in no wonder she’s putting on the pounds…

Reactions: 10
I live on my own in a small terrace house and even I have a small circular dining table. I don't use it much either but it's so usefull and looks lovely with a vase of flowers in the middle of it

Reactions: 8
Her justification for not getting a dining table is that they won’t use it…that’s fine (I disagree but that’s fine) - but, does she really think they’re going to make use of a sofa in there when they’ve already got a sofa next door and that’s where their telly, projector, games consoles and everything else is set up? What will they use it for?!

Reactions: 20
I mean you can get tables where half fold away, gateleg I think, so they can have a smaller one against the wall unless they needed more too for having people over etc. I get not wanting a bigger dining table because it’s the ‘done thing’ but there’s flexibility now that it’s easy to get a kitchen table (since she doesn’t like the formality) to suit your lifestyle. I mean anyone going into a kitchen that size would expect to see a kitchen table of some sort to sit at, especially since they have their sitting room next door set up for chilling out.

Reactions: 4
I mean you can get tables where half fold away, gateleg I think, so they can have a smaller one against the wall unless they needed more too for having people over etc. I get not wanting a bigger dining table because it’s the ‘done thing’ but there’s flexibility now that it’s easy to get a kitchen table (since she doesn’t like the formality) to suit your lifestyle. I mean anyone going into a kitchen that size would expect to see a kitchen table of some sort to sit at, especially since they have their sitting room next door set up for chilling out.
This is what we have. We don’t eat often at the table but having a table is useful. We fold it back and it’s often a dumping ground, but can still pull it out when we need it.
Also won’t a sofa in the kitchen get smelly with kitchen smells? Just a side thought…

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.