Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure why the aggressive replies when all I've pointed out is the flat was up for sale, possibly adding to the case that they could have bought it. It added to the conversion already being had on this discussion forum.
my apologies, it was not my intention to be aggressive or make others feel bad for discussing. I just meant to bring up that someone who knows brittany and Dean said she was definitely renting. That is all. I must’ve just woken up a bit stuffy this morning.

Reactions: 1
I mostly follow Brittany on Instagram and have only recently caught up with her first lockdown and Australia vlogs. What a difference to her more recent videos! She really needs to find more things to do if she wants to make vlogs. I’m not sure watching paint dry (literally 😆) is doing her any favours considering she seems intent on being more present on YouTube.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I mostly follow Brittany on Instagram and have only recently caught up with her first lockdown and Australia vlogs. What a difference to her more recent videos! She really needs to find more things to do if she wants to make vlogs. I’m not sure watching paint dry (literally 😆) is doing her any favours considering she seems intent on being more present on YouTube.
I genuinely think she keeps on vlogging because she gets the sponsorships. I’m sure behind the scenes her manager nudged her to start during the first lockdown. (I often forget she has a manager!)

Reactions: 4
Brittany’s view of sustainability doesn’t go beyond fabric, it’s almost greenwashing in a way. My main gripe with this is most clothing she promotes as sustainable based on the fabric content is troublesome in other ways and mostly made in countries synonymous with questionable ethics, what is the point of buying an item made of organic cotton when it is made by slave labour?

Anyway that was a really longwinded way of me saying that I don’t think Brittany is fully committed to sustainability because otherwise she would consider air-miles, ethics, etc too. I think she’s aware she has to mention sustainability because of her platform but equally if she truly cared about sustainability has the resources to do it properly.
She doens't know anything about sustainability and she doesn't care to learn. there's no money to made from small sustainable businesses so she contineus to work with fast fashion brands and use they "eco range" as an example of sustainability. She can more than afford to stop supporting these brands but she won't because she like sthe money too much. people have called her out on it before when she's done ads for H&M, pointing out the green washing, but she gets angry and defensive aboiut it.

Reactions: 7
I'm not sure why the aggressive replies when all I've pointed out is the flat was up for sale, possibly adding to the case that they could have bought it. It added to the conversion already being had on this discussion forum.
But the flat listed for sale just isn’t Brittany’s flat because she can’t change the view out of the windows, change the bottom two window panes to frosted glass in the living room and kitchen, remove a door from the living room, add the built in cupboards in the kitchen along the wall where the fireplace is, etc.

Unlike other influencers I actually think Brittany is self aware enough to know she is part of the problem trying to justify Arket. Her management also seem to represent &OtherStories and Arket in some capacity which probably explains why Brittany drops her integrity for them.
Although I do wonder how her management feel about her vlogging because their other ‘talent’ seems a bit more highbrow, people who work in the actual fashion industry. It seemed such a strange move for Brittany to make because she doesn’t come across well from vlogging. And if Brittany’s end goal is to live in Australia how does she think she’ll get an Aus visa being an influencer/vlogger?

But the flat listed for sale just isn’t Brittany’s flat because she can’t change the view out of the windows, change the bottom two window panes to frosted glass in the living room and kitchen, remove a door from the living room, add the built in cupboards in the kitchen along the wall where the fireplace is, etc.

Unlike other influencers I actually think Brittany is self aware enough to know she is part of the problem trying to justify Arket. Her management also seem to represent &OtherStories and Arket in some capacity which probably explains why Brittany drops her integrity for them.
Although I do wonder how her management feel about her vlogging because their other ‘talent’ seems a bit more highbrow, people who work in the actual fashion industry. It seemed such a strange move for Brittany to make because she doesn’t come across well from vlogging. And if Brittany’s end goal is to live in Australia how does she think she’ll get an Aus visa being an influencer/vlogger?
Exactly to all of this. I’ve never seen a negative comment on her YouTube videos though, unless she is going through and deleting them.

It’s so fascinating how absent Dean was in this week’s vlog. Maybe they just finished the year and really called it quits after that. She sounded adamant about not having anyone over and didn’t make it seem like she was still in a pod with him.

Reactions: 1
Sounds like BB has been reading here and has either decided to step away from her "bubble" with Dean or (more liekly) she's hiding it.

Reactions: 2
Sounds like BB has been reading here and has either decided to step away from her "bubble" with Dean or (more liekly) she's hiding it.
probably the latter, they both posted photos of them in the city the other day and I can’t imagine Dean asked a friend to take his photo ha.. They’d have to be bubble, BB still needs someone to take her photos, help her set up furniture, drive her around... probably paint her flat 😂

maybe they didn’t do anything worth vlogging or she’s trying to phase him out of the vlogs?

BB always comes across as disingenuous to me. her niceness seems forced and fake. THe intro to her latest vlog is overly chirpy and the way she talks always feels quite stiff even when she's trying to be friendly. I think this is a big reason I find it difficult to warm to her personality (which is quite thin on the ground to begin with!). I stick around to see her outfits but even those are becoming ridiculous over the last few months. those clunky shoes and wide oversized trousers look so silly to me.

hearing her complaint about having a lot to paint is quite jarring..... it's part of a job and she's getting PAID to do it. most of us can't afford (or aren't allowed) to paint our homes so to see someone complaining about having sOOoo much to paint and knowing they're being paid a lot of moeny to do it alongside already filling their new home with lots of designer furniture feels like a kick in the teeth.

Reactions: 10
Has anyone else noticed how bad her walk looks, in a sense as if she was a much older person with some knee issues. I don’t know if she’s overdone running which can have horrible impact on your knees or if it’s the fact that all of her overpriced shoes are ridiculously uncomfortable and heavy. I wonder what footwear she’d really choose if she had to do more than a leisurely walk to the post office.

I have recently discovered Brittany and absolutely love her! Haven’t read her whole thread, but I think she may come across as dull at times because we have become accustomed to loud, often exaggerated, personas on the internet. I find Brittany so refreshing and endearing. Although we have vastly different styles, I really relate to her efforts of sustainability, whereby she occasionally slips up (ie Arket and &Other Stories purchases), but for the most part is a really conscious consumer. I also love that she’s so meticulous with her clothes- I can’t escape from fast fashion content on Instagram and youtube, so it warms my heart to see someone encourage others to keep their clothes in great condition and build an everlasting wardrobe

I have recently discovered Brittany and absolutely love her! Haven’t read her whole thread, but I think she may come across as dull at times because we have become accustomed to loud, often exaggerated, personas on the internet. I find Brittany so refreshing and endearing. Although we have vastly different styles, I really relate to her efforts of sustainability, whereby she occasionally slips up (ie Arket and &Other Stories purchases), but for the most part is a really conscious consumer. I also love that she’s so meticulous with her clothes- I can’t escape from fast fashion content on Instagram and youtube, so it warms my heart to see someone encourage others to keep their clothes in great condition and build an everlasting wardrobe
Here is her rave thread

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Has anyone else noticed how bad her walk looks, in a sense as if she was a much older person with some knee issues. I don’t know if she’s overdone running which can have horrible impact on your knees or if it’s the fact that all of her overpriced shoes are ridiculously uncomfortable and heavy. I wonder what footwear she’d really choose if she had to do more than a leisurely walk to the post office.
as someone who is the same height as her (although she's a bit slimmer) I think it's the shoes for SURE. I have low doc martens and they're great, been around for years, but wow are they HEAVY. I used to run loads and got bad knees from it so I really can't wear them for long stretches of time. She really needs to be careful because heavy shoes and tarmac running is probably one of the worst combos for your knees.

• Sad
Why does it matter again whether she bought it or rented it? I'm tempted to feel "so what?" about that particular nugget. You can be entitled and rent and entitled and buy. If she had some money and bought it well that's okay? I'm not sure she needs to disclose? Hmmm. Not that anything I say is important either, but I honestly don't care that much about that.

The painting gripes (by her) are annoying as is the constant, "don't have anything to say b/c we are on lockdown" comments. No one is forcing you to paint BB . If you accepted a job that needs the paint then suck it up. If you want to paint because you feel it looks better, suck it up (and so on). The apartment isn't going to disintegrate if you don't glue it together with a lick of paint. You aren't living in a hovel. And fyi: you don't have anything to say b/c all you are doing is buying stuff. You are not actually contributing to the look of anything except yourself and apartment? At least at the old place she was gardening, fixing up the house. People will be more interested when you are actually being interesting?

On another note. I'm finding it highly amusing to see the "minfluencers" all try to outdo each other with slightly different versions of the same look. They know they can't buy the same thing or not too much, so they go out of their way to buy another brand that looks pretty much identical but is ever so slightly different and one upping the others i.e. Lizzie with her expensive Scandinavian trench that is made to order. I wish one of them would just break out of it for good and see if the others all follow like rats off a ship.

Brittany just go buy a pink coat or something equally out of character (never going to happen, I know)...I want to see what occurs...just for giggles. Will the whole minfluence world implode? Go on...Lizzie's started wearing red...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I have just watched her wardrobe review videos and I am braindead even though I only had them in the background and on 1.50 speed, she’s so slow! I appreciate she’s trying to choose her words instead of overusing “like” and “eeer” but I just cannot handle how self-indulgent she sounds both in manner and content of what she’s saying. The fact the she bashed high-street brands for having 4 sizes only and yet when talking about Acne she made an excuse for that shows how much she doesn’t care at all as long as the brand comes with a certain status of being cool. Also, She always comes across as if she’d know what quality means, but then claims things that last more than 2 years are very high quality. To me that’s pretty standard for any clothes regardless of price tag and wouldn’t consider them special
quality for not falling apart after two seasons.

The fact the she bashed high-street brands for having 4 sizes only and yet when talking about Acne she made an excuse for that shows how much she doesn’t care at all as long as the brand comes with a certain status of being cool.
I thought the same in her latest video when she was talking about brands that only had one size and said “that’s really frustrating” or something. It’s more than frustrating, it’s totally exclusive when something only comes in the size that fits Brittany who is very petite.

Reactions: 2
I had one of her vlogs on and my boyfriend told me he was “surprised” I was watching someone “her age” 😬 he said her whole demeanour was easily that of a 40 year old! I think this was part of it as she was moving her furniture around!

Also with the whole renting/buying thing I agree, who cares!! Also from it is very possible (in London at least, my personal experience) to have an agreement with your landlords and/or agency where you’re allowed to make changes, especially if they’re seen to increase property value. Agreements I’ve had like this involve detailed info on the changes before they’re made but I’ve had friends who were allowed to paint, put up shelves etc and no one cared at all when they moved out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I think it matters whether she bought it or not because it shows how privileged she really is (if it wasn't already obvious). To be able to buy a place straight away after breaking up with your long term partner, and not having to sell your shared property first - that's so ridiculously privileged it hurts.

(I know a lot of people here find the word privileged really triggering. Remember privileged doesn't mean you've never worked hard for something, it just means lots of factors in your life have made things more accessible to you!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.