Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else feel a bit tired after watching her vlogs? I get that she likes a certain aesthetic and does everything to ensure that every aspect of her life fits that particular aesthetic, but it's exhausting to watch. There's way too much thinking and planning involved, where is the fun? I feel like she's trying to fill a void. Maybe that's unfair for me to say, I do like her. A few years ago I was exactly the same and everything in my life was so curated, for example I couldn't just buy a normal pair of scissors, it had to be from Hay for the design. My life was bland af dressed up with material goods and so much time was spent deliberating over non important things. I wonder if she will get tired of this.
Definitely know what you mean, it can be so exhausting, i definitely feel in the last year i'm overthinking about clothes and outfits, all the time, think it's been exasperated because of lockdown and that need to want to wear nice clothes for when occasions happen again. I think when she mentioned the stress of not having a turkey baster and thermometer it highlighted a kind of anxiety that's almost tangible!

Reactions: 6
Does anyone else feel a bit tired after watching her vlogs? I get that she likes a certain aesthetic and does everything to ensure that every aspect of her life fits that particular aesthetic, but it's exhausting to watch. There's way too much thinking and planning involved, where is the fun? I feel like she's trying to fill a void. Maybe that's unfair for me to say, I do like her. A few years ago I was exactly the same and everything in my life was so curated, for example I couldn't just buy a normal pair of scissors, it had to be from Hay for the design. My life was bland af dressed up with material goods and so much time was spent deliberating over non important things. I wonder if she will get tired of this.
Totally relate. When I first started embracing elements of minimalism, I became obsessed with curating the ideal collection of personal possessions.

I later understood that the true purpose of minimalism is to remove the focus from our stuff, so we have more time, energy, mental clarity (and money) to focus on the things we truly value. Otherwise it just becomes another obsession, equally as stressful and soulless as rampant overconsumption or hoarding.

I know that BB is far from a minimalist, but I hope she comes to find a better balance for her own mental health.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
For sure. It's exhausting to watch and the color palette in particular is very dull. It isn't a creative way of dressing or living at all. Creative has much more joie de vivre/ spontaneity. It's soothing at first but then you start to see it as very restrictive. That was my point I think about the row thong shoes. There's not a damn thing fun or interesting about them, they are just expensive and decently made. I wonder too if she will get tired of it and move on. Surely she will evolve? It all seems very stagnant and not just her but her friends too. It reminds me of an Ab Fab episode about a couple who are very minimalist, so minimalist that someone gives them a white box and they have to have a discussion about where it goes for hours and then they have kids and they visit Patsy and Edwina years later and they are expecting the same but it's all gone to pot and coming out of the car it's a none stop parade of child related multi colored crap and stuff! One has to question how long she can keep this up!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It's a small thing but I truly hate how she underexposes all her photos. I swear I have to squint everytime I look at one of her pics or stories.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I have a questions because in this thread I saw a lot of phrases like "she must have bought the flat otherwise she wouldn't paint the walls" or "no one would change the lamps in a rented flat". I live outside of the UK and here it's totally normal to paint your walls in your rented flat (sometimes you just have to paint them white again before you move out) or to change the lamps. Most of the times the flats don't even have lamps installed when you move in. Same goes with the kitchen - usually there are just the very very basic things in and you have to buy/build the kitchen (usually Ikea) first.
Is it not common in the UK to change - let's say "little to medium" - things in a flat you're renting?

Reactions: 1
the kitchen - usually there are just the very very basic things in and you have to buy/build the kitchen (usually Ikea) first.
Is it not common in the UK to change - let's say "little to medium" - things in a flat you're renting?
A lot of places don't allow you to make changes to the porperty , even small ones like painting or putting up shelves. You definitely can't replace the kitchen! (or you can but you'll pay fines if the landlord finds out when you move) generally speaking the opinion the uk is that renting is a waste of money so why would you put money into decorating a place that you don't own. Brittany clearly doesn't have to worry about money though, if she's dropping thousands on lamps! I'm in two minds about whether she's renting or not. I could see her buying exenpensive things to furniture somewhere she doesn't own just to get the ~aesthetic~ she so carefully curates her life into. I actualyl think her and dean bough thte place before they split (as an investment or to turn into an expensive airbnb) and now she's living there.

A lot of places don't allow you to make changes to the porperty , even small ones like painting or putting up shelves. You definitely can't replace the kitchen! (or you can but you'll pay fines if the landlord finds out when you move) generally speaking the opinion the uk is that renting is a waste of money so why would you put money into decorating a place that you don't own. Brittany clearly doesn't have to worry about money though, if she's dropping thousands on lamps! I'm in two minds about whether she's renting or not. I could see her buying exenpensive things to furniture somewhere she doesn't own just to get the ~aesthetic~ she so carefully curates her life into. I actualyl think her and dean bough thte place before they split (as an investment or to turn into an expensive airbnb) and now she's living there.
OhI see! Didn't know it's not allowed most of the times. Wow! Interesting!

Here it's not the usual pathway to buy property because it's so expensive and out of reach for most people. Can't imagine to live in a place and not to decorate. For me it's not a waste of money. It would be a waste of quality of life not to do so (if it's allowed and financially possible of course).
BTW you often get kitchens like in the image + an oven when you move in so you definitely need to do something 😂😂😂:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-04 um 11.29.33.png

Anyways. Having this information I'd agree that she/they probably bought the apartment.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
OhI see! Didn't know it's not allowed most of the times. Wow! Interesting!

Here it's not the usual pathway to buy property because it's so expensive and out of reach for most people. Can't imagine to live in a place and not to decorate. For me it's not a waste of money. It would be a waste of quality of life not to do so (if it's allowed and financially possible of course).
BTW you often get kitchens like in the image + an oven when you move in so you definitely need to do something 😂😂😂:
View attachment 371173

Anyways. Having this information I'd agree that she/they probably bought the apartment.
Australia is similar to UK - not allowed to change much in a rented property and also seen as a 'wast of money'. I have a friend who moved to Munich and they had to build their rented apartment pretty much from scratch! so interesting how it is different all over the world. I agree that it wouldn't surprise me if BB spent money in a rented apartment, but also feel like they bought it.

Reactions: 3
I actualyl think her and dean bough thte place before they split (as an investment or to turn into an expensive airbnb) and now she's living there.
she says at 11:19 in this video how „she doesn’t even know how she’s found the place. It was luck that she managed to find this place.“
It doesn’t really sound like she owned the apartment for some time now, does it?
On the other hand she seemed awkward explaining how she got the flat...

she says at 11:19 in this video how „she doesn’t even know how she’s found the place. It was luck that she managed to find this place.“
It doesn’t really sound like she owned the apartment for some time now, does it?
On the other hand she seemed awkward explaining how she got the flat...
If you're relying on her telling the whole truth, I guess so.

I can’t believe I never saw this thread before! My bf is friends with Dean so I thought I would make an account just to clear it up and shed some light from what Info I have gathered.. She’s just renting it. But it came unfurnished and they waited till she had bought enough things to fill it before she moved Out/in. It’s mad she can furnish an entire flat that quickly, but I guess influencers get paid way more than I ever will. Dean is in the house because I think it’s in his name as when they bought it and renovated it BB was just working retail so probably didn’t earn much..

I’ve met her a few times and she always seemed nice but pretty quiet.. I’ve never hung out with her or anything. I do get the idea like many others she doesn’t have that many friends in norwich and most friends are other couples which is obviously a bit weird now they’re not together.

I’ve met Dean plenty of times and he is really nice and I’ve never heard anything bad about him so I’m sure he won’t struggle to move on once life goes back to normal..

That’s if they want to move on, it seems they still see each other a whole lot but maybe that’s just while they’re in lockdown?

Reactions: 16
I grew up in Norwich too. A friend did the same degree at the same university, year above Brittany, and never heard anyone say anything about her. I always found people on here saying she’s notorious in Norwich a bit amusing. I’ve heard of other Norwich internet people being twits but never anything about Brittany, positive or negative.

In one of Brittany’s older videos Brittany said she wasn’t going to support The Frankie Shop going forward because she got the impression they just sewed their logo into pre-exisiting clothing, which I’ve heard other people say too. So I was a bit shocked to see her promoting the The Frankie Shop again on IG last week just because they had partnered with Rowse. Brittany what happened to your integrity?

Reactions: 7
O/T.... Agreed re Lucy Williams... there is no thread for her? What are peoples thoughts...????? I won't lie I find her slightly insufferable, perhaps thats just jealousy though.
With her upcoming house reveal/Reno I feel like she is going to need a Tattle thread! :p I am interested in her renovation but completely staggered by her wealth... in her early 30s she’s bought a 4 bed (soon to be 5 with attic room no doubt) Victorian house in Chiswick circa £1.3m and seems to be renovating it completely. Complete with electric Aga, it sounds incredible! How could you not be a little jealous?!

She can’t help coming from family wealth but does anyone else find the whole thing of rich people showing off their homes to ‘regular’ people/followers (many of them millennials unable to buy a property, let alone a million pound one) a bit...showy?

I also find this group of influencers (privately educated blonde girls around the age of 30-35) to share very left leaning views on everything when it’s clear they come from a conservative background. I’m not saying just because their parents are rich Tories, they have to be the same but I feel like they present left views for Instagram but they are not genuine. Completely understand this is a separate debate entirely but I don’t think Pandora Sykes or Lucy will be sending their children to the local state primary school (I know Lucy doesn’t have kids yet).

Reactions: 12
With her upcoming house reveal/Reno I feel like she is going to need a Tattle thread! :p I am interested in her renovation but completely staggered by her wealth... in her early 30s she’s bought a 4 bed (soon to be 5 with attic room no doubt) Victorian house in Chiswick circa £1.3m and seems to be renovating it completely. Complete with electric Aga, it sounds incredible! How could you not be a little jealous?!

She can’t help coming from family wealth but does anyone else find the whole thing of rich people showing off their homes to ‘regular’ people/followers (many of them millennials unable to buy a property, let alone a million pound one) a bit...showy?

I also find this group of influencers (privately educated blonde girls around the age of 30-35) to share very left leaning views on everything when it’s clear they come from a conservative background. I’m not saying just because their parents are rich Tories, they have to be the same but I feel like they present left views for Instagram but they are not genuine. Completely understand this is a separate debate entirely but I don’t think Pandora Sykes or Lucy will be sending their children to the local state primary school (I know Lucy doesn’t have kids yet).
I don't understand it either, and staggered too. here's me in a small two bed flat, trying to figure out how i'm going afford to have a baby and more space. Im by no means poor (earn £32k a year) but people like Lucy and Pandora's level of wealth is just so unobtainable to many, and again shows how fucked up the influencer world is that they can get 5k for a single instagram post and most people would have to work months to get that ! it's hard not to feel jealous! Some of the clothes she wears are so ridiculously expensive it makes my eyes water!

Reactions: 4
mhh I don’t agree. It’s part of their lives and followers want to see that. Look at Fleur (pre-scandal): she never really showed her house and tried to hide her wealth and people always wanted her to show more of it. So either way they can’t make it right for everyone.

The whole influencer earning crazy amounts of money only applies to those with at least half a million followers though. And accounts under 100k followers don’t bring in much higher than average income I think unless every second post is and ad.

Tbh though I sympathize more with influencers who (seem to) earn more now who don’t come from wealth/family money because I think it’s way more easier to get started and to get big if you have more money from the start. Also those who come from money don’t have the pressure to have to earn money so they don’t rely on ads and the content can come - let’s say - more natural.
One example is @mvb. People complimented her in the lines like: love your content because you don’t do much ‘influencing content’. Uh well, if I would be loaded as f like her and would be on IG, my account would be just casually doing it’s thing too lol

Reactions: 8
mhh I don’t agree. It’s part of their lives and followers want to see that. Look at Fleur (pre-scandal): she never really showed her house and tried to hide her wealth and people always wanted her to show more of it. So either way they can’t make it right for everyone.

The whole influencer earning crazy amounts of money only applies to those with at least half a million followers though. And accounts under 100k followers don’t bring in much higher than average income I think unless every second post is and ad.

Tbh though I sympathize more with influencers who (seem to) earn more now who don’t come from wealth/family money because I think it’s way more easier to get started and to get big if you have more money from the start. Also those who come from money don’t have the pressure to have to earn money so they don’t rely on ads and the content can come - let’s say - more natural.
One example is @mvb. People complimented her in the lines like: love your content because you don’t do much ‘influencing content’. Uh well, if I would be loaded as f like her and would be on IG, my account would be just casually doing it’s thing too lol
ive never heard of mvb but just had a look on her page and Christ, the unexposed photo Instagram trend is exhausting to look at, noticed BB doing it a lot, it’s like they are trying to make their photos look like actual pieces of art?!

Reactions: 1
She's definitely bought the flat. No renter would be allowed to paint coving/wood panelling/shutters.

Do we know when she moved in? According to the land registry, the last sale in her building happened in August 2020 for £330k.

Last edited:
  • Heart
She's definitely bought the flat. No renter would be allowed to paint coving/wood panelling/shutters.

Do we know when she moved in? According to the land registry, the last sale in her building happened in August 2020 for £330k.
According to Dean she’s definitely just renting.. does seem weird to paint it all but I’ve been given permission to paint my rented house I just have to make sure it’s back to how it was when I moved in..

I’m not sure why she even painted it, it looked white to begin with!

I wasn’t really paying attention but is her whole dining room being done as a collaboration? Must be nice to move somewhere and just have it filled for you for free. No wonder she didn’t take anything with her from the house

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.