Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit random but I noticed that BB and Lindsey Holland are both in the process of removing their tattoos at the same time. I find it so interesting that they both have several tattoos when their style is quite minimal, simplistic and almost focussed on being timeless (especially with BB being so keen on details).

Reactions: 2
Tastes change I guess. Brittany was quite indie/art school when she was late teens & early twenties so maybe liked the edgier look (until everyone got them).

Reactions: 1
Bit random but I noticed that BB and Lindsey Holland are both in the process of removing their tattoos at the same time. I find it so interesting that they both have several tattoos when their style is quite minimal, simplistic and almost focussed on being timeless (especially with BB being so keen on details).
Haven’t checked with Lindsey but BB’s tattoo removal is a PR freebie with the clinic so that might be why they’re both suddenly taking the opportunity to do so?

11 ad breaks in her new vlog 🙈 wow.
I need to watch this still! In a recent vlog though she said she did not monetise her videos/accept advertising, and was saying she was disappointed to hear people had received adverts. There were comments encouraging her to do so, because of the effort she puts into the videos. Tbh, I don't think those comments are unfair.

Reactions: 4
I need to watch this still! In a recent vlog though she said she did not monetise her videos/accept advertising, and was saying she was disappointed to hear people had received adverts. There were comments encouraging her to do so, because of the effort she puts into the videos. Tbh, I don't think those comments are unfair.
Yes, I saw those comments as well and didn’t mind the ads appearing. This vlog just feels a tad excessive 🤷🏼‍♀️

I've heard that sometimes vloggers don't have a say in how many ads go into their videos? (But you have to be monetizing your videos in order for the ads to be inserted sooo.... is she lying about monetizing her videos? or just changed her mind)

It's probably because her vlogs are so long that there's 11 ads. I don't know why they need to be that long, she doesn't actually do much in any of them to warrant such excessive videos.

I've heard that sometimes vloggers don't have a say in how many ads go into their videos? (But you have to be monetizing your videos in order for the ads to be inserted sooo.... is she lying about monetizing her videos? or just changed her mind)

It's probably because her vlogs are so long that there's 11 ads. I don't know why they need to be that long, she doesn't actually do much in any of them to warrant such excessive videos.
I’ve heard them say the same but take it with a grain of salt as other channels don’t have that issue and stagger their ads where they want them. I believe it’s 11 ads because it’s what she chose. I don’t think she is lying about monetizing them she just isn’t really familiar with the platform and is putting them all over the place now.

While I am no youtube expert, I believe you have to enable midroll ads - and either have them automatically set up or you can manually adjust where they are placed.

Only recently started following Brittany during lockdown and love her aesthetic. I’ve followed Lizzy Hadfield for years and noticed her recent style and aesthetic change which I’ve enjoyed but didn’t realise how identical it was to BB and Lindsey.

I did used to think Anna edit's and Alix's style evolution was influenced by a number of influencers but it does seem directly copied from Lizzy and Brittany. Anna and Alix both seem to get it wrong though. I assume the recent linen trousers and black flip flops are BB's influence?
Obviously Estee as well is heavily influenced and her podcast with BB amused me because it was like she was trying to completely steal her identity (probs no thanks to Aslan for being in love with BB).

But what I do wanna know is who is Brittany Bathgate copying? Are her Lizzy and Lindsey all copying each other? Or are they copying someone higher up. They’re pretty much identical and I always in particular get Lizzy’s and Lindsey’s instagram posts mixed up.

From Interviews Brittany comes across as though she doesn’t follow anyone or have any inspiration but I find that hard to believe going off of how much her style has changed. Says her last icon was Alexa Chung and hasn’t been anyone like that since. But he style evolution has taken quite a niche turn so I wonder where she’s taking her inspiration from. When I first saw BB's instagram, I didn't know she was from the UK, I thought either Australia or Canada, had that look to her. Was only til I watched her on youtube.

Her style was taking quite a natural influencer evolution in the Cos direction with smarter clothes and white walls etc. But then it seemed to switch into something quite specific. She seems to have set rules and like she’s trying to follow a certain aesthetic. From her clothes, feed, house, hobbies, orange wine etc. Like I said I haven’t followed her for long but when I scroll back it’s like she got this new identity. That's aside from her old look with her tattoos. Which I can see why she’d want to remove as they don’t suit her look now. But that’s why it seems even more like she’s trying to achieve a certain look. I'd think she was quite influenced by Dean's skater style but obviously he's not in pleated skirts.

Apologies for my rambling, just want to do some more digging on BB. I’ve followed instagrams who have a similar aesthetic to B, L and L but they also wear quite girly/casual items which I don’t see on BB etc.

With a quick scroll on Brittany’s following she seems to follow a few smaller accounts with a similar aesthetic (almost identical) but since they’re smaller I can't see her being influenced by them. I'd have to do some more scrolling but she follows nearly 2k so don't think I'll be doing that.

Only recently started following Brittany during lockdown and love her aesthetic. I’ve followed Lizzy Hadfield for years and noticed her recent style and aesthetic change which I’ve enjoyed but didn’t realise how identical it was to BB and Lindsey.

I did used to think Anna edit's and Alix's style evolution was influenced by a number of influencers but it does seem directly copied from Lizzy and Brittany. Anna and Alix both seem to get it wrong though. I assume the recent linen trousers and black flip flops are BB's influence?
Obviously Estee as well is heavily influenced and her podcast with BB amused me because it was like she was trying to completely steal her identity (probs no thanks to Aslan for being in love with BB).

But what I do wanna know is who is Brittany Bathgate copying? Are her Lizzy and Lindsey all copying each other? Or are they copying someone higher up. They’re pretty much identical and I always in particular get Lizzy’s and Lindsey’s instagram posts mixed up.

From Interviews Brittany comes across as though she doesn’t follow anyone or have any inspiration but I find that hard to believe going off of how much her style has changed. Says her last icon was Alexa Chung and hasn’t been anyone like that since. But he style evolution has taken quite a niche turn so I wonder where she’s taking her inspiration from. When I first saw BB's instagram, I didn't know she was from the UK, I thought either Australia or Canada, had that look to her. Was only til I watched her on youtube.

Her style was taking quite a natural influencer evolution in the Cos direction with smarter clothes and white walls etc. But then it seemed to switch into something quite specific. She seems to have set rules and like she’s trying to follow a certain aesthetic. From her clothes, feed, house, hobbies, orange wine etc. Like I said I haven’t followed her for long but when I scroll back it’s like she got this new identity. That's aside from her old look with her tattoos. Which I can see why she’d want to remove as they don’t suit her look now. But that’s why it seems even more like she’s trying to achieve a certain look. I'd think she was quite influenced by Dean's skater style but obviously he's not in pleated skirts.

Apologies for my rambling, just want to do some more digging on BB. I’ve followed instagrams who have a similar aesthetic to B, L and L but they also wear quite girly/casual items which I don’t see on BB etc.

With a quick scroll on Brittany’s following she seems to follow a few smaller accounts with a similar aesthetic (almost identical) but since they’re smaller I can't see her being influenced by them. I'd have to do some more scrolling but she follows nearly 2k so don't think I'll be doing that.
Joanna and Sarah Halpin. Lizzy especially replicates not only their clothes and outfits but how she takes photos and what she takes photos of. Idk who those girls copy, I get the feeling they don’t copy anyone but are genuinely influenced by art and photography and curate their own aesthetic. I could be wrong !

Reactions: 5
Joanna and Sarah Halpin. Lizzy especially replicates not only their clothes and outfits but how she takes photos and what she takes photos of. Idk who those girls copy, I get the feeling they don’t copy anyone but are genuinely influenced by art and photography and curate their own aesthetic. I could be wrong !
The fact that Brittany talks about feeling 'inadequate' (I can't remember exactly how she phrased it but she was feeling not great about her content/style recently?) says to me that she definitely has influencers that we don't know about. Her style is great, I really love it, but it's not original. There are other people dressing in a similar way, and it's obvious to me that Brittany mimics a ~cool aesthetic~ to the point of picking up trendy hobbies (sculpting clay), orange wine, etc.

Reactions: 2
Nothing is every really truly original i guess! Everyone is inspired by other people's style and aesthetic whether it's subconscious or not i think x

Reactions: 5
oh yeah defiantly, she just comes across as someone who wouln't admit that though!

Yeah that's what I mean, the clothes and outfits aren't necessarily unique. Especially in real life for the people who shop at similar stores.

But in influencer world on instagram, BB/L/L seem to have their circle so I was wondering who they were influenced by. As BB seems reluctant to cite any influencers in interviews. Says she doesn't look to anyone for style inspiration and hasn't got an Alexa Chung. Seems to be holding her cards close to her chest but she has gone for quite a specific aesthetic, especially since the kitchen was redone. Fair enough if she hasn't got anyone in particular and if she uses designers/shops as inspiration as opposed to influencers. But was just wondering if there was someone bigger who she imitates. I do see the Halpins though.

And I agree it comes off like she's trying to mimic a cool aesthetic. Tbh I find them all a bit bizarre with their sudden obsession with orange/white wine. Seems to be a glass in every photo or video clip. I find it all a bit forced, especially in vlogs when she's sitting down to eat food/do a zoom/play with clay. But then you'll see a glimpse of the office/bedroom behind her and it'll be a mess. Oh and them all reading the same books to suit a certain vibe. Cue shot of them sat reading a book outside in a delightful modelly pose, thoughtfully sipping their mild wine.

Not to say I don't enjoy her vlogs, really relaxing and nice to have on in the background. But it doesn't seem authentic to me, seems like she's trying to be someone else.

Reactions: 6
Yeah that's what I mean, the clothes and outfits aren't necessarily unique. Especially in real life for the people who shop at similar stores.

But in influencer world on instagram, BB/L/L seem to have their circle so I was wondering who they were influenced by. As BB seems reluctant to cite any influencers in interviews. Says she doesn't look to anyone for style inspiration and hasn't got an Alexa Chung. Seems to be holding her cards close to her chest but she has gone for quite a specific aesthetic, especially since the kitchen was redone. Fair enough if she hasn't got anyone in particular and if she uses designers/shops as inspiration as opposed to influencers. But was just wondering if there was someone bigger who she imitates. I do see the Halpins though.

And I agree it comes off like she's trying to mimic a cool aesthetic. Tbh I find them all a bit bizarre with their sudden obsession with orange/white wine. Seems to be a glass in every photo or video clip. I find it all a bit forced, especially in vlogs when she's sitting down to eat food/do a zoom/play with clay. But then you'll see a glimpse of the office/bedroom behind her and it'll be a mess. Oh and them all reading the same books to suit a certain vibe. Cue shot of them sat reading a book outside in a delightful modelly pose, thoughtfully sipping their mild wine.

Not to say I don't enjoy her vlogs, really relaxing and nice to have on in the background. But it doesn't seem authentic to me, seems like she's trying to be someone else.
omg the orange wine obsession from holland/BB/Lizzy - it's just bloody wine!

I drink wine so I'm aware 'natural wine' and orange wine is having a moment. I think Lizzy and BB are new to drinking wine, they've obviously just hopped on what's most trendy at the moment because it's being pushed at indie wine sellers and trendy bars. So I can see why all of them are drinking the same ones - same with books probably. It's an ~aesthetic~ rather than an interest, and it drives me mad that they thinking drinking wine and playing with clay is a personality trait.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
All of her clothes are really expensive, how does she earn enough to pay for all of them?? I'd like to know the total value of her entire wardrobe!

Yeah some of the jackets were £900 in her wardrobe coats video, but something about the way she describes her picks still sets her apart from alot of the influencers

in other news, damnnnnnnn, her bf dean is SO FIT! very hard to look at him on screen sometimes haha, go brittany!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.