Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every time I try to follow BB I end up unsubscribing and unfollowing. She’s largely inoffensive but just so dull. Like dishwater dull. Not to mention like Lizzy and Lindsey there’s a sustainable aesthetic that isn’t always backup by the most ethical choices when it comes to brand sponsorships etc.

By the way, I enjoy slow living vlogs and the like, it’s not her ‘lifestyle’ that is dull, it’s her. Just my perspective!

Reactions: 4
Following on from what was said a few posts back about her relationship with Dean—it does seem kind of weird and detached, but maybe they’re just too ‘cool’ to be all emotional around each other.

I remember seeing this article they were both featured in. They’ve been together a long time! Like a third of their lives, probably since school. https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2017/dec/16/couples-who-dress-alike-from-same-cult

Also I just find it EXCRUCIATING that he will just post ‘babezoid’ as a caption when he posts her on his IG. Mega mega mega cringe.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hm just had a look, that was pretty depressing. I thought maybe must just know a lot of models from his portraits and stuff but it was worse than I thought. (The pic liking I mean, not the following). Feel bad for Brittany.
Tbh I’d struggle to have such a big portrait of one of dean’s models in my face when I’m at the dining table. But I’m probs more insecure than BB and I suppose they should display his work. I hope B chose it and not Dean.

I did watch a few more videos that I hadn’t seen yet and they interacted a bit more with each other but still a bit awkward. They seem more like housemates/friends rather than a couple. I can see why she wouldn’t want to post cringey stuff of her and Dean or show too much, it makes sense. But I wish she’d let loose a bit more. Seems so stiff and overly polished.
I mean we don't really know what kind of relationship they have. My boyfriend likes pics on instragram of models, pretty girls etc, and i do the same with fit blokes, we joke about it even as i'd sometimes see an attractive pic of a lady and joke that he's liked it already. i just think we need try and be as open minded as possible as know one knows what happens behind closed doors - different strokes!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
She was a bully in 6th form and art school. Haven’t seen her since personally - really hope she’s changed but honestly wouldn’t bet on it, that kind of nasty spiteful behavior says a lot about a person.

Reactions: 7
Following on from what was said a few posts back about her relationship with Dean—it does seem kind of weird and detached, but maybe they’re just too ‘cool’ to be all emotional around each other.

I remember seeing this article they were both featured in. They’ve been together a long time! Like a third of their lives, probably since school. https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2017/dec/16/couples-who-dress-alike-from-same-cult

Also I just find it EXCRUCIATING that he will just post ‘babezoid’ as a caption when he posts her on his IG. Mega mega mega cringe.
they got together when she was in her last year of sixth form. She was all set on moving to London and then didn’t go because of him. They got engaged in 2015 but aren’t married and she doesn’t seem to wear her ring anymore either. In some pics she’s got rings on her ring finger but it’s her right hand and not the engagement ring dean gave her 🤷🏼‍♀️

he knew/knows quite a lot of people I do and to be fair I’ve never heard anything bad about him, he’s apparently very nice (can’t speak from my own experience)

I usually only read on this site but I had to register to post this. I'm not sure if it's just me but check out loveclothblog on instagram, it's really creepy how similar her photos/style/posing/house are to Brittany's, but I see Brittany commenting on her photos so it seems like they are friendly, it's very strange.

• Wow
I usually only read on this site but I had to register to post this. I'm not sure if it's just me but check out loveclothblog on instagram, it's really creepy how similar her photos/style/posing/house are to Brittany's, but I see Brittany commenting on her photos so it seems like they are friendly, it's very strange.
I think this girl, Kim, has a lot more warmth to her posts ~ but thanks, I liked her style, will follow her as well!~~

I followed her, I agreed with what @charliebnim says, she has a lot more warmth - and she dressed up in a variety of colours that aren't beige (seriously what's with beige), black and white

• Heart
I wasn’t active on tattle for a bit, came back, and this thread is wild! Thanks for the insight, interesting stuff, I love a bit of local gossip lol. I do still enjoy watching her vlogs though and if she isn’t nice, it’s truly an achievement for her to seem so on YouTube lol.

I love her vlogs as background noise, she has a very calming voice and a very nice taste in music + her videos are always quite long so I don't have to pay attention to it ending and finding a new one lol. Really like her style even though I'd never be able to pull it off as I would look like a potato sack. Love her taste in bags and I'm pretty sure I will buy the Musubi by Acne at some point.

Agree with you guys about her relationship with Dean being a bit weird. I think it was on her last vlog where she filmed a conversation between them during lunch (or dinner) and it felt so... distant? Almost as if they'd just met and they didn't really feel comfortable around each other, like reeeeeally "proper".
I also feel like sometimes her vlogs seem staged. She always makes an effort to show her super tidy and clean house and she makes it look as if that's the way it naturally is, but then she films for a mini second in her bedroom and you can see it's a tip, specially the bed, which is always covered with clothes and stuff in general.

Something that always "surprises" me when she shows them is her videos are her tattoos. I feel like they just don't match at all with the persona she portrays online, and I always wonder if she deeply regrets them. I know that everyone changes thought their lives (our style + taste too) but I feel that in her case is not much of a natural change but more like I said earlier, a "persona" she's created.

Reactions: 9
I know what you mean. I just searched ‘Brittany Bathgate tattoos’ on google and a GG Estee Lalonde thread came up. Just going to go through it now but it totally reminded me that someone once suggested estee was copying her, and that Allan was trying to fashion Estee into a BB style cool girl lol.

It is just me or she hasn't been very present on Instagram lately and there has been no video this week as far as I am aware? I wonder what is going on!

She strikes me as someone who’s a total control freak; in the Guardian article Dean says she won’t wear things with even a single crease, and abandons white shoes whenever they get a mark.

Every aspect of her life seems very strictly curated, to the point where I wonder if her anxiety stems from feeling like there are things she can’t control? Just from hearing her talk about the way she takes care of her things (which is not bad, and a great way to make her lovely clothes last longer!) stresses me out; she said in a video once that she has separate clothes for lounging at home.

The tattoos she said she mostly got when she was 18 and that they don’t mean much to her—I imagine they’re not so much part of her aesthetic now but they’re relatively inoffensive.

I can believe she’s not a very nice person as she seems like she tries really hard to control her own image and also how other people see her. She doesn’t seem particularly nice in her vlogs but she also doesn’t seem particularly...anything. But that’s her appeal. She’s very inoffensive and I enjoy watching her in the background!

I have separate clothing for lounging and I know many other people who do the same. It’s just more comfortable.

I have separate clothing for lounging and I know many other people who do the same. It’s just more comfortable.
Same! I didn’t mean that this alone is something peculiar or remarkable but more so that she seems to be very particular about certain aspects of her life, especially those concerned with her outward representation of herself. I think it’s a great habit because a) outside clothes are dirty and b) it helps keep things nicer for longer which ultimately is better for the planet!

Reactions: 1
Her vlogs are so long and she waffles so much! It's interesting to see Brittany starting to show an interest in switching over to sustainable beauty products but it just shows how she prioritises making money over ethics (like most other influencers). It would have made more sense to start looking at sustainability from a fast fashion perspective since that's what her content centres around. But obviously that would mean ditching brands who pay her to make content.

It just feels so performative because now she can claim she cares about sustainability and is eco-conscious because she's trying out new eco-friendly products while ignoring the HUGE impact fast fashion has on the planet. It's so short-sighted.

I know someone who challenged Brittany when she was talking about sustainability on her Stories and called her out for promoting fast fashion brands. Basically just saying "hey, did you realise that H&M are greenwashing with their recycling scheme?" and Brittany got really passive aggressive about it all. The person blocked Brittany after a few DMs were exchanged, and Brittany didn't like this so she logged into a secret Instagram account so so she could DM this person! It's certainly a sore spot for her.

Brittany only wants people to praise her. She's a wealthy white woman who has the time to educate herself about the damaging effects of the fashion industry and can afford not to shop with fast fashion brands, yet she continues to do so. That's a choice she's making and hiding behind the argument that "buying less but better" means she is justified in continuing to shop with brands who exploit people, particularly women and BIPOC. A lot of people can't afford to stop shopping with fast fashion brands but she's not one of them.
Not sure if it's the same person but I follow someone who shared a similar conversation to this. I think it's definitely a sore spot for Brittany!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.