Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's sad that there can't be a discord with multiple view points, and that instead we have to separate ourselves into 'rave' and 'trash' - I guess it's a pretty good parallel to the world right now where there's no nuance to discussions at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think it's sad that there can't be a discord with multiple view points, and that instead we have to separate ourselves into 'rave' and 'trash' - I guess it's a pretty good parallel to the world right now where there's no nuance to discussions at all.
Yes I was happy to remain in this group and let it go (and I will) - as you saw I even reposted what someone else said which is very negative to Brittany (even if I have only defended her) but I feel like while others join the group, the same issue is just resurfacing. This is not even a trash thread just a discussion but now everyone has both options. I just don't want the same problem to resurface again so if someone new feels like they can't take the negative comments, they can just head over to the rave thread and that way everyone is happy :)

Reactions: 3
It doesn't surprise me Brittany was (is) a nasty woman. There have been instances Online where she's shown that side of herself. If anyone asks a question she doesn't like or disagrees, she can be pretty nasty in response. I get the impression she really doesn't like to be wrong and gets quite defensive.

Reactions: 2
You really need to chill out. It's a discussion board. We have different opinions. I find her boring, you don't. That's allowed.
I am pretty chill lol I was also just expressing my opinion to your opinion. That's also allowed.

It doesn't surprise me Brittany was (is) a nasty woman. There have been instances Online where she's shown that side of herself. If anyone asks a question she doesn't like or disagrees, she can be pretty nasty in response. I get the impression she really doesn't like to be wrong and gets quite defensive.
On Instagram? or youtube? I have never seen she replying badly to anyone

Reactions: 1
I know someone who challenged Brittany when she was talking about sustainability on her Stories and called her out for promoting fast fashion brands. Basically just saying "hey, did you realise that H&M are greenwashing with their recycling scheme?" and Brittany got really passive aggressive about it all. The person blocked Brittany after a few DMs were exchanged, and Brittany didn't like this so she logged into a secret Instagram account so so she could DM this person! It's certainly a sore spot for her.

Brittany only wants people to praise her. She's a wealthy white woman who has the time to educate herself about the damaging effects of the fashion industry and can afford not to shop with fast fashion brands, yet she continues to do so. That's a choice she's making and hiding behind the argument that "buying less but better" means she is justified in continuing to shop with brands who exploit people, particularly women and BIPOC. A lot of people can't afford to stop shopping with fast fashion brands but she's not one of them.

Reactions: 8
I deleted the comment because people were talking about this being a rave thread and because my comment was negative, I thought it was maybe better to remove it.

I can assure you that everything I said is true and I have known her since I was 14 (I’m the same age as BB). I still have pictures of us together, which I won’t share here for obvious reasons.

To the person who suggested what I said is incorrect because she doesn't buy fast fashion, she hasn’t dressed the way she does now her whole life. You can literally go onto her twitter and scroll back and see her talking about orders from ASOS,Topshop etc. I was referring to time before her Instagram fame, when she would spend all her money on Fred Perry, Vivienne Westwood, Topshop etc and then her dad would end up covering her rent for her.

She was the kind of person who would be your best friend then suddenly turn on you, become really nasty and horrible and move on to new people. I’ve lost count of the amount of people she did that with and it’s why she doesn’t really have any friends from the time she was younger despite still living in the same place. People have asked/wondered if she’s changed but she was still writing nasty tweets and Facebook statuses into her 20s so I doubt very much that she has.

she’s been very careful to delete her tumblr and some tweets etc Now that she has an audience but she was vile and most of the people in Norwich who knew her then still don’t like her. She used to make fake accounts on blogger and leave nasty commentst. I know w couple of people who had comments from her.

To say something positive about her, I think she’s always had a great sense of style, even when we were teenagers and she’s always been good at cultivating an audience online (she was very popular on MySpace). I think she has a genuine love of fashion, I think she’s very pretty and good at what she does. Maybe she has changed in the last couple of years, I don’t know, but I last encountered her around age 26 and she was still just as unpleasant as she had always been.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Hm it's a shame there has to be two separate threads. I like her as well and I think most of the people here do to a certain extent hence why we watch and are invested enough to go on her tattle page. I still find myself raising my eyebrows at some of the things she does and says and like I said I'm still making my mind up.
I can't think of the word but I find her quite stuck up sometimes and not very humble. Bit braggy. Like when she's talking about every km under 6mins or how she bought an item years before everyone else. Also with her video with What Olivia Did.
I also find her relationship with Dean a bit awkward. Obviously don't see everything but the conversations are always so polite and awkward. Reminds me a bit of Naomi and Joe. I'm sure they make a nice couple though and she's just not including the normal conversations.
Her vlogs are calming but at the same time everything feels a bit forced and contrived and I don't feel like I'm watching a real person. Feel like I'm only seeing a certain prim and proper side. Everything has to be perfect even when she's just making clay outside and has to make it a nice shot. Maybe she isn't trying hard and this is just who she has become. If so then I'm impressed she can maintain such an aesthetically pleasing life. I dunno though it does feel like she's trying to be someone. Maybe it's just from digging through her old photos and seeing how she used to dress. Or her saying dr martens instead of doc martens.
Also her pronouncing Sophie Hulme, for her everything has to be said perfectly even though it makes her sound like a bit of a twit. And then she ruins it by constantly mixing up bought and brought.
I think this has made a turn. Soz if I sound moany.

I have to say this thread is the weirdest I have been on Tattle, I don't mean it as if you have to hate someone before you can come to their thread to discuss. Is a shame that we need two different thread to discuss :(
I don't dislike her, I like her style because she seems to know how to dress herself though sometimes I wish she could ditch the oversized dress

Reactions: 5
She used to make fake accounts on blogger and leave nasty commentst. I know w couple of people who had comments from her.
She still does this with Instagram. She has a secret account that she uses to idk I guess snoop?

I find her quite stuck up sometimes and not very humble. Bit braggy. Like when she's talking about every km under 6mins or how she bought an item years before everyone else. Also with her video with What Olivia Did.

Her vlogs are calming but at the same time everything feels a bit forced and contrived and I don't feel like I'm watching a real person. Feel like I'm only seeing a certain prim and proper side. Everything has to be perfect even when she's just making clay outside and has to make it a nice shot. Maybe she isn't trying hard and this is just who she has become. If so then I'm impressed she can maintain such an aesthetically pleasing life. I dunno though it does feel like she's trying to be someone. Maybe it's just from digging through her old photos and seeing how she used to dress. Or her saying dr martens instead of doc martens.
Also her pronouncing Sophie Hulme, for her everything has to be said perfectly even though it makes her sound like a bit of a twit. And then she ruins it by constantly mixing up bought and brought.
I think this has made a turn. Soz if I sound moany.
I guess people find her aspirational because on the surface she dresses really well, has a nice house, a stable relationship, "ideal" job, "close" friends, etc. - she shares this seemingly perfect life - but underneath it's all smoke and mirrors because when you look closely you notice how much of it is curated.

She has an air of superiority to her that I find repulsive. It's obvious to me how much she carefully curates her life to show the perfect side always, which I get that most of us do that to an extent. It's so forced and fake, like she's keeping up appearances. I imagine she films stuff over and over to get things JUST right or the perfect shot.

I find it hilarious to watch because although her style is great she's utterly bland in other areas of her life. Like, wow great you look good but that's it? There's nothing else to her, literally.

Reactions: 4
I deleted the comment because people were talking about this being a rave thread and because my comment was negative, I thought it was maybe better to remove it.
Oh thank you, I was feeling really bad in case you deleted it for other reasons!! Glad to hear that is not the case. I hope what I wrote is good and I didn't interpret any of your words wrong :)

One of the reasons why I love Tattle is that many times we can get opinions from people who have actually known these influencers for a long time!

Just because she doesn’t have the aesthetic of someone who typically consumes fast fashion doesn’t mean she isn’t buying from those same brands. Uniqlo and COS are basically fast fashion brands. Hell, if you want to get into it, even Muji advertises their use of Xinjiang cotton—and there’s literally a genocide going on in that region. Don’t get me wrong, I consume from all three aforementioned brands and I don’t think we can live ethically in this world system. But I wouldn’t also claim to be superior or more sustainable/ethical just because I’m not wearing flashy logos and polyester dresses.

Reactions: 8
This is not quote by quote cause I don't remember the exact words but the person was claiming that they know Brittany from Norwich (I believe they said grew up with her or around her) and that she comes from a wealthyish family - growing up she had expensive clothes and even claimed that Brittany used to spend all her money in Topshop and her dad would pay her rent at times. They said she is a very nasty person even if she portrays a nice, collected persona and that many times she bullied people - something about bullying someone in art school (something like creating a Tumblr account and making fun on that person on there). There were other things but I honestly cannot remember - just the main thing that she was always nasty.

As you all know I have defended her in this thread many times and said I like her so not making anything up. I don't know why the person deleted the comments - maybe they would have been easily identified by what they said. And of course, I wouldn't know if any of this is true or not.
omg please don't let this turn into a megan ellaby revelation of epic proportions style thread !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She buys a lot of Cos & Arket which are both owned by H&M, so not exactly ethical. Her style is fairly popular in small, slow-fashion ethical brands so she could branch out and try more of those.
Or she could even start her own brand? As a fellow short person who doesn't have the money to have everything tailored it would be great if she started her own petite line of ethical clothing.

I like BB but to an extent. I like her style and her vlogs are realistic and natural to me, but at times her videos do draaaaag on a bit and seems like she does nothing for the whole video other then go for a run and sit around.

Anyway, I wanted to address someone’s comment about how they find her and Dean’s relationship as awkward. Has anyone else noticed the amount of girls dean follows on Instagram and how he constantly likes half naked pictures of them? I wonder if BB has seen this

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Anyway, I wanted to address someone’s comment about how they find her and Dean’s relationship as awkward. Has anyone else noticed the amount of girls dean follows on Instagram and how he constantly likes half naked pictures of them? I wonder if BB has seen this
Hm just had a look, that was pretty depressing. I thought maybe must just know a lot of models from his portraits and stuff but it was worse than I thought. (The pic liking I mean, not the following). Feel bad for Brittany.
Tbh I’d struggle to have such a big portrait of one of dean’s models in my face when I’m at the dining table. But I’m probs more insecure than BB and I suppose they should display his work. I hope B chose it and not Dean.

I did watch a few more videos that I hadn’t seen yet and they interacted a bit more with each other but still a bit awkward. They seem more like housemates/friends rather than a couple. I can see why she wouldn’t want to post cringey stuff of her and Dean or show too much, it makes sense. But I wish she’d let loose a bit more. Seems so stiff and overly polished.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.