Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah that 11/10 comment is stunning.
11/10 is so American. I am sort of American having lived here since being a teenager so I can say this. It makes me cringe.

When I moved here, in high school, they seemed to always yelling "We're #1" "I go 110%" "You're AWWWESSOME". "Hey go team, go go team". "We're the best". Omg, steady on, I'm British - a country where the Beatles describe themselves as "not bad, quite good on a lucky day".

Mind you, the people I went to high school with (in Texas, and I grew up in Bromley) had never been outside of the state let alone the country so their constant superlatives had little credibility. One kid told me "you speak real' good English being from Europe".

But I'm ENGLISH...oh never mind...

Culture shock. Definition of.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I actually really like the croissant purse! I have the croissant bag but in black. Would def get it if it was like £100, no way for £400 though. The thing I don’t understand is why you would have so many bags that are similar - I would get so stressed having to choose between them - The Row Banana, the COS sling one, the Low sling bag, the Lemaire Croissant - they are so similar. In my view the Croissant is the nicest - the leather is so soft and it looks really good with everything.

Reactions: 6
If it weren't for the fact that it's Lemaire, no way would Brittany have sought out a purse like that ordinarily.
The Margaret Howell blazer is £925!! I can't wrap my brain around these prices, let alone the reasons they are so expensive. When she first did her 'Week In Outfits' videos a few years ago (when she was wearing things bought predominantly with her own money), Brittany used to go into more detail about why that particular cut/style/fabric/brand, and about the overall quality of the item in order to justify the price tag. She doesn't seem to do this as much anymore (whether she's been discouraged from doing this? Or whether she is so scared to share an opinion these days?) and this seems to be the overarching theme with influencers, in that you could accuse them of promoting 'disposable fashion' but at a much higher price point? They all get through new clothes so quickly, every Instagram post/weekly vlog/etc sees them introduce more and more new things at higher and higher prices and how does that leave their audience feeling? Some items get seen again, others destined for Depop as soon as filming is done, or a more expensive version has been gifted (Raey jumper to replace the £250 Toast version, for example. But that's apparently called 'circular fashion' rather than 'disposable fashion' - even though you're still getting rid of it out of your wardrobe and trusting the person buying it will keep it longer than 6 months). Those viewers used to following affiliate links to their lusted after items must get quite a shock when the blazer of their dreams pops up as nearly £1000, which then turns to anger the next video when they see it's been joined by a Margiela one costing £1500 (it hasn't....yet)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I think she only
I actually really like the croissant purse! I have the croissant bag but in black. Would def get it if it was like £100, no way for £400 though. The thing I don’t understand is why you would have so many bags that are similar - I would get so stressed having to choose between them - The Row Banana, the COS sling one, the Low sling bag, the Lemaire Croissant - they are so similar. In my view the Croissant is the nicest - the leather is so soft and it looks really good with everything.
I think she only paid for the Row one. The others were all gifted.

Reactions: 2
I found the latest vlog very entertaining, I think she's at her best when she's with Dean in that camper van. But very surprised to see she took a NuFace along on a camping trip. Surprised she even has a NuFace, she must be more conscious of the ageing process than she lets on. They're quite pricey. Unless it was gifted?

I thought the latest vlog was a good watch too! Beautiful visuals and she seemed quite zen and not forcing it.

The bit with the nuface was a bit weird though (I have one). She didn’t seem to have much or any of the gel primer on which would have meant she would have felt the electric shocks. But it does seem to be on as you can hear the beeps - but she’s just dragging it over her face too quickly as you can hear she’s not keeping to the beeps. You’re meant to slowly drag and hold so it can actually pulse through your facial muscles and hold them in place.

I have a low hate relationship with mine - it’s a tedious amount of effort everyday - getting the primer on, doing the 5-10 minutes of using it, cleaning the gel off and then properly cleasing. Why would she bring it with her while camping to not even using it properly, and then also say she doesn’t think it does anything anyway? Weird.

Sorry for my nuface Ted talk 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I have a low hate relationship with mine - it’s a tedious amount of effort everyday - getting the primer on, doing the 5-10 minutes of using it, cleaning the gel off and then properly cleasing. Why would she bring it with her while camping to not even using it properly, and then also say she doesn’t think it does anything anyway? Weird.

Sorry for my nuface Ted talk 😄
Please say more! I have been thinking of getting one! Have you seen results?

Reactions: 3
Please say more! I have been thinking of getting one! Have you seen results?
😃 I think it’s brilliant but it depends on what you’re needs are. I bought it specically for the eye attachment as I have quite hooded eyes. It really helps lift them up a lot.

However it isn’t permanent so depends on your mindset towards it. I think of it like excercise for the face working the muscles - when you stop using it for a period of time your facial muscles go back to how they were before just like if you’d stopped going to the gym. But I do notice a big difference when I use it consistently. Everything looks firmer and lifted.

I have the full sized nuface which allows you to have the attachments, which is expensive but worth it for me to use the eye attachment. I wouldn’t consider the mini nuface as there are other alternatives which are cheaper and do the same thing - I think the foreo is meant to be good.

Check out Hot and Flashy on YouTube. I’m a lot younger than her, but her videos are so informative and she’s done extensive reviews on them :)

Sorry for the derail - back to BB!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The bit with the nuface was a bit weird though (I have one). She didn’t seem to have much or any of the gel primer on which would have meant she would have felt the electric shocks. But it does seem to be on as you can hear the beeps - but she’s just dragging it over her face too quickly as you can hear she’s not keeping to the beeps. You’re meant to slowly drag and hold so it can actually pulse through your facial muscles and hold them in place.
😄
Yes, exactly that - I have the full-size one too and it just baffled me why she was using it like that. Plus, I agree with everything you say in your second post. It definitely works, but it requires determination and commitment! (and reading the instructions, BB)

Reactions: 2
I found the latest vlog very entertaining, I think she's at her best when she's with Dean in that camper van. But very surprised to see she took a NuFace along on a camping trip. Surprised she even has a NuFace, she must be more conscious of the ageing process than she lets on. They're quite pricey. Unless it was gifted?
Agreed this vlog was way more enjoyable, i think she’s at her best and less rambling when she’s actually out doing things with Dean.
I would like to see more of the van (what happened to the campervan series?)

also enjoyed the ted talk on those electric face things 😂 because I keep seeing people use them but wasn’t sure if they actually do anything lol

I am SO here for BB spilling the tea on working with Rose Inc and how they told her not to mention it’s an ad. Quite a few influencers have been raving on about (Anna Edit), so she’s simultaneously spilt the tea on them and their shady working practices / lack of integrity. Keep it coming BB!

• Wow
Reactions: 26
I know this isn't a rave thread, but I so admire her for the Rose Inc thing.

Reactions: 20
Even if she didn’t want to take the money it would be far easier to decline the offer & stay silent, not rock the boat with peers and potential advertisers. It’s not earth shattering stuff but influencing as an industry does not appear awash with integrity so it’s fair to applaud decent behaviour when we see it.

Seems a can of worms has been opened for Rose Inc

Attachments

Reactions: 14
I completely agree that this industry clearly lacks integrity, and I think she’s really only done the bare minimum BUT I applaud her hugely still as it must have been quite a difficult thing to decide whether to do? They’re an enormous brand and she must know that she’ll also be throwing shade to others who have worked with them, so to do it anyway is very brave.

Reactions: 13