Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're becoming a parody now, aren't they. Oscar nominated 'waking up' scene, surrounded by Tekla bedding. Sip a matcha latte. Nibble on an avocado. Throw on some Birkenstocks and a Uniqlo coat, and go and do something really challenging, like visit the tailor or buy an overpriced pastry. Complain to the world how difficult life is. Wave to camera. Fade to black.
Absolutely. There’s such a Groundhog Day feel to them. This is hard to explain - we’re only given a very tightly edited view of BB’s life. We don’t see friends, family (not saying we should as I get they/she may want all that to remain private) or literally anything else she does apart from a few designated activities and the occasional travel/camper van vlog.

So the videos end up feeling claustrophobic and performative - a soundtracked and neutrally toned depiction of BB’s life that aim to come across as effortless and chic but are very much the work of someone who can’t quite seem to open up/offer more than telling us they’re going to the tailor again (god forbid we ever see the poor guy who does all the altering of endless pairs of slouchy navy and black trousers).

Bit if a thought dump there, sorry chaps. May have all been said before!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Phew, so glad she explained how lists work in that video. 😌

The co-working office has now become "my studio space". Doesn't studio suggests a creative process and a place where something is made? Seems a waste to just do the things you used to do a home.

It's lovely to have a garment tailored to fit to perfection but can she never just buy the right size of trouser? Her body seems to fit within all the normal parameters for female sizes so what's the big problem? I'm smaller than her and shorter, I think, and have an abundant collection of correctly fitting trousers. 😀

Reactions: 4
Phew, so glad she explained how lists work in that video. 😌

The co-working office has now become "my studio space". Doesn't studio suggests a creative process and a place where something is made? Seems a waste to just do the things you used to do a home.

It's lovely to have a garment tailored to fit to perfection but can she never just buy the right size of trouser? Her body seems to fit within all the normal parameters for female sizes so what's the big problem? I'm smaller than her and shorter, I think, and have an abundant collection of correctly fitting trousers. 😀
BB thinks she's really sophisticated because she takes her clothes to a tailor...... she gets hems taken up an inch or a waistband in. she's not getting her clohtes tailored to her body just adjusted. it's really not as special as she makes it out to be!!

Reactions: 8
omg totally. idk how a 30-something woman doesn’t know what size she is. I swear, every second day, there’s a new upload to Depop with caption “gutted these don’t fit”

Reactions: 6
My way of seeing things is if the garment doesn’t fit properly then why bother buying, especially if it cost a lot of money. If she struggles to buy clothing that fit then why is she not getting it custom made to fit her body/style.
If she is really going to a proper skilled tailor then surely they would have no trouble executing the perfect design/fit to her liking.
It’s obvious she takes all of her trousers to the tailor to do adjustments and she’s constantly buying/looking for this perfect trouser, how is it sustainable to buy this many same style trousers.
I personally would get annoyed if every trouser I bought required altering.
But the obvious answer is her tailor doesn’t pay her to wear custom made clothing.

Reactions: 3
I think working at the studio gives her a reason to wear the clothes, otherwise it feels too obvious to her that she really doesn’t need most of them. I get it, that’s what influencers are all about, churning, but I think that’s part of her conflict and she struggles to own it.

She’s hoping Patreon will keep out the critics as it will be all fans and friends but how many are fellow influencers or companies themselves willing to pay? If she’s done her homework, she either has high hopes of engagement or isn't bothered and can rely on other income.

When it’s just a bit of an adjustment to the length to trousers, couldn’t she just hem them herself by hand? It’s not that hard and she’s got sod all else to do.

My morning "ritual" of matcha (just started drinking a few months ago, nice shade of green)

Making "lists" (unique! a revelation!)

A "small" breakfast (toast, avocado, fried egg, followed by pastry in coffee shop so I can tap my pen on bullet journal and look outside)

Going to the "tailor" (alterations shop)

Going to the "studio" (office)

For admin/editing for the vlogs (oops forgot 'other job' lie)

Going to talk to my agent about "stats" (oops forgot 'only a hobby' lie)

All in classic Mejuri (pieces that look similar to my own, obviously classier, versions)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
You're all on fire!

I just want to die on this hill: I thought the camper van was going to be a series. What a dope, she could have milked so much content from that and built out a larger follower base.

• Haha
I swear this video is just clips of old videos strung together.

Also, while we’re not on the topic of copying, have any of you heard of aoifemulvenna? Now that’s a BB wannabe. Unless, of course, it’s BB copying her.
Oh my goodness, I just looked at aoifemulvenna Instagram, it's the same aesthetic (perhaps a tad more masculine?), I even spotted a coat BB has on her page. Having said that, I am not a fashion trail blazer, so I am sure lots of my outfits could be seen in other people's wardrobes.... I don't know, maybe it's not a crime for so many influencers to look, sound and dress the same? Instagram feeds can act like a massive echo chamber after all.

I still think BB can make interesting content, I am rooting for her to start addressing the issues, and create some fun content. Remember the vlog she did when she and Dean went to a museum and the beach? That was a beautiful vlog.

oh no a new video. watched it. feeling :sick:

- why do a sponsored video when you can't even be bothered to memorise the discount code you're giving out based on your partnership with a website?
- lmao brittany calls herself "thick-skinned".
- i also didn't see any "misogynistic" comments from last time but what I DO see is a pattern of cis-white-upper-class-able-bodied women (yes, i said it again) deflecting the very valid criticisms they get and turning the criticisms into "misogyny". This is literally what women like BB do when they are asked to be accountable, when they are criticised for catering for only one type of person, and are just really average in what they do but cannot take any sort of feedback. BB is so predictable and thin skinned. tired of her nonsense and her unflattering fashion choices that only highlight how thin she is.

summary: is this fashion or is she just skinny and able to afford £500 trousers from the row????

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It seems the only time she can be arsed to make a video is when someone is sponsoring her. You can dress yourself up in The Row and Studio Nicholson all you want, Brittany, but only getting your camera out when someone pays you to do it is never going to be a great look.

Side-note: All these outfits are interchangeable. Every single one.

oh no a new video. watched it. feeling :sick:

- why do a sponsored video when you can't even be bothered to memorise the discount code you're giving out based on your partnership with a website?
- lmao brittany calls herself "thick-skinned".
- i also didn't see any "misogynistic" comments from last time but what I DO see is a pattern of cis-white-upper-class-able-bodied women (yes, i said it again) deflecting the very valid criticisms they get and turning the criticisms into "misogyny". This is literally what women like BB do when they are asked to be accountable, when they are criticised for catering for only one type of person, and are just really average in what they do but cannot take any sort of feedback. BB is so predictable and thin skinned. tired of her nonsense and her unflattering fashion choices that only highlight how thin she is.

summary: is this fashion or is she just skinny and able to afford £500 trousers from the row????
AGREE with all of your points here. I thought it was so unprofessional when she couldn't even remember the discount code. Like, what???? Again, THIS IS YOUR JOB get your tit together. And no, BB, you are not thick-skinned. We have seen your passive-aggressive responses to feedback and that it not what it means to be thick-skinned.

• Heart
Petty, but I’d love to be able to go to Frieze. I’m nowhere London and couldn’t justify the expense right now. Seeing BB go (plus mentioning it needing a special outfit 🙄in the new vid) is slightly grating - she literally never talks about art in anything other than a superficial insta friendly way. For someone who did an art degree, I find it a little odd. Like tell us how your love of art relates to your fashion or home choices or SOMETHING.

and it's not like she was doing this LIVE. this is pre-recorded and edited. she could've easily written down the code and read it out loud from a piece of paper. it's these moments that make me think how singularly untalented and mediocre BB is yet she cribs and moans about doing the smallest things but also is greedy enough to ask for supporters to back her patreon like LMAO

Petty, but I’d love to be able to go to Frieze. I’m nowhere London and couldn’t justify the expense right now. Seeing BB go (plus mentioning it needing a special outfit 🙄in the new vid) is slightly grating - she literally never talks about art in anything other than a superficial insta friendly way. For someone who did an art degree, I find it a little odd. Like tell us how your love of art relates to your fashion or home choices or SOMETHING.
same thing with lizzy hadfield as well right? another art degree holder who can only talk about art in a superficial way. imagine that degree going to someone else who deserved better

Reactions: 10
and it's not like she was doing this LIVE. this is pre-recorded and edited. she could've easily written down the code and read it out loud from a piece of paper. it's these moments that make me think how singularly untalented and mediocre BB is yet she cribs and moans about doing the smallest things but also is greedy enough to ask for supporters to back her patreon like LMAO

same thing with lizzy hadfield as well right? another art degree holder who can only talk about art in a superficial way. imagine that degree going to someone else who deserved better

Yup! My BA is art history the same as Lizzy’s and while I don’t work in the arts, it’s a big hobby of mine. So lots of reading, podcasts, chatting about stuff. I should have become an influencer 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 6
this is something that has always bugged me about influencers. BB makes out like she's "not like other influencers" and then does stupid tit like not remembering a simple discount code for a sponsored video. it's not that hard to remember a code!

BB made such a big deal out being "into art" in this latest video. it's becoming obvious just how fragile she is. I bet she feels like such a fraud.

• Heart
I have zero interest in watching her latest. Thinking about her saying she has a thick skin (lol wot?- she’s getting almost Trumpian with both her inability to take criticism and massive, repetitive porkies) blah blah makes me queasy 🤢. Giving it a pass feels akin to ignoring Jehovah’s witnesses at the door. So satisfying. Not today thank you, and relax…🙄🤫🧘🏻

for the Americans Porkies = lies from the rhyming slang pork pies = lies

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Just for fun I totalled up the prices for every outfit linked in the description box... £15062.80 all in all 😳 And that's not an exact figure for each of those outfits because some she rewore shoes, didn't link her earrings etc. I know she will have paid or got discount for some of it but even so. The thing that plays on my mind the most is I bet that's not even the garment workers who made those trousers (for example) annual salary, and that's just based on maybe a couple of months gifting and/or purchases with discount?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Just for fun I totalled up the prices for every outfit linked in the description box... £15062.80 all in all 😳 And that's not an exact figure for each of those outfits because some she rewore shoes, didn't link her earrings etc. I know she will have paid or got discount for some of it but even so. The thing that plays on my mind the most is I bet that's not even the garment workers who made those trousers (for example) annual salary, and that's just based on maybe a couple of months gifting and/or purchases with discount?
It’s incredibly vulgar isn’t it. As you say, it’s only a couple of months worth of stuff too. And as someone up thread pointed out - all the outfits are interchangeable anyway. How BB can think this is relatable is beyond me, which is so funny given the premise of the video.