Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dean has videos up on his insta of the new house. Started yesterday but she hasn't posted any "new house content". It's a pretty house and he is very talented. Will be nice to see how he transforms it.

Reactions: 5
Wow, what a great house. Will be interesting to see how they renovate it. Amazing garden.

It doesn’t sound like they are in any rush to move in so presumably have not had to sell their current home to buy… and have now jetted off to Australia. Influencing pays well as we know 😉

Reactions: 12
That’s quite an upgrade, it’s already nice and has a huge garden so will be interesting to see what they do with it. Deans stories say they want to build an extension and do some major bits. I wonder what they’ll do with the current house, will be interesting to see what it’s worth

Reactions: 3
I’m really curious how they will price their current house too. I know they bought it at 160k (can’t remember which year). They’ve made it look very nice and instagrammable but not sure if it’s practical for the average house buyer/family.

Reactions: 6
I’m really curious how they will price their current house too. I know they bought it at 160k (can’t remember which year). They’ve made it look very nice and instagrammable but not sure if it’s practical for the average house buyer/family.
Their kitchen is so depressing. I can imagine it’ll be a young couple, similar to them , who buy it. It’s not super family friendly and definitely doesn’t look warm or cozy. But that could be because their furniture is just trendy overpriced stuff.

Reactions: 7
Their kitchen is so depressing. I can imagine it’ll be a young couple, similar to them, who buy it. It’s not super family friendly and definitely doesn’t look warm or cozy. But that could be because their furniture is just trendy overpriced stuff.
Hi guys, long time no talk! I've been buried under with uni. So...yeah, totally agree, they did some stuff that was their personal taste but not highly desirable to others. I remember thinking about the concrete benches in the garden - difficult to remove and not everyone's cuppa. Nice light though due to the skylights. And the kitchen was very minimal and not for cooking in. Definitely a young couple. I always thought it could do with some soft furnishings. Not fussy, just needed thick rugs etc. They could still be minimal but that would make it seem more lux, less cold. The garden with the studio is adorable.

The new house has a lot of potential but I hope they don't gut it. It has that English charm I had growing up. I grew up in a 30's semi-detached house in Bromley. I hated it then b/c every house seemed so similar but now I'm nostalgic about it. It was 1930's, perfect proportions and lovely fireplace and stained glass. Nothing fancy but warm and cosy.

I was amused by Britters being so upset about getting the keys. She was letting the mask slip. All because she needed to make a vlog about it before Australia. Tough life 🤣 Get a grip. I know it's frustrating but...there are folks out there with real issues not able to afford Christmas dinner.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yeah, it’s not a big deal if the vlog ended on a cliffhanger, the viewers would understand

It’s a gorgeous house but I reckon they’ll completely gut the place and strip all the original features for sure x

Yea sadly I think they will definitely gut it and most likely turn it into something cold and concrete, similar to their current ✨aesthetic✨

How else is she going to maintain her IG grid aesthetic if they kept the English charm of the new house?!

What surprised me the most was that the house is not a semi but an end of terrace. I think I've never seen a 30s terraced house. Interesting.

Reactions: 3
What surprised me the most was that the house is not a semi but an end of terrace. I think I've never seen a 30s terraced house. Interesting.
I’ve lived here in the UK for almost 10 years and yet don’t quite understand these differences. Could you share more? I find it so fascinating.

Reactions: 4
@Readinginks. A semi-detached is 2 houses together with a central shared wall. They are all over England but are ubiquitous in "metro land" London which has, for some, is an affectionate term. Widely built in the 30's, along with detached homes in previously rural areas surrounding hamlets (hence the ham in many of the names) and Leighs (meadows) around central London. Many, like Bromley (ley = leigh) and Beckenham, West Wickham (where I grew up) became part Greater London.
Typical terrace houses are rows of houses that each share 2 walls except for the very end. They were often built as homes for workers in factories etc. Some have shops above if on a high street (main road in a town). They tend to be much smaller.
England has some amazing architectural "garden communities" suburban planning movements that happened when people moved out of the cities and into the suburbs to escape the smog, crowding and pollution. For many years we have had the reverse, because the factories and coal pollution are no longer part of London's existence.
I bought a book for my dad on London suburbs. I need to steal it back :) I have great affection for them and sort of rose-tinted glasses because I moved from there as a teen to Texas and the culture shock was brutal.
Growing up in primary school in Beckenham, we had environmental studies days where we would go and tour the streets surrounding the school and talk about the architecture. Some buildings were many hundreds of years old, others fairly new. I still remember these days vividly. I miss England so much.

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 11.23.57 AM.png

The semi-detached home I grew up in (our side). Behind the garden was woodland and a lake. It was a very pooh-bear existence. Not fancy. Not fussy, just extremely English in all the best possible ways 😊

You can also have terrace homes that are large - the rows of Victorian homes for example which have generally been turned into flats which all share walls too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
@Readinginks. A semi-detached is 2 houses together with a central shared wall. They are all over England but are ubiquitous in "metro land" London which has, for some, is an affectionate term. Widely built in the 30's, along with detached homes in previously rural areas surrounding hamlets (hence the ham in many of the names) and Leighs (meadows) around central London. Many, like Bromley (ley = leigh) and Beckenham, West Wickham (where I grew up) became part Greater London.
Typical terrace houses are rows of houses that each share 2 walls except for the very end. They were often built as homes for workers in factories etc. Some have shops above if on a high street (main road in a town). They tend to be much smaller.
England has some amazing architectural "garden communities" suburban planning movements that happened when people moved out of the cities and into the suburbs to escape the smog, crowding and pollution. For many years we have had the reverse, because the factories and coal pollution are no longer part of London's existence.
I bought a book for my dad on London suburbs. I need to steal it back :) I have great affection for them and sort of rose-tinted glasses because I moved from there as a teen to Texas and the culture shock was brutal.
Growing up in primary school in Beckenham, we had environmental studies days where we would go and tour the streets surrounding the school and talk about the architecture. Some buildings were many hundreds of years old, others fairly new. I still remember these days vividly. I miss England so much.

View attachment 1840576
The semi-detached home I grew up in (our side). Behind the garden was woodland and a lake. It was a very pooh-bear existence. Not fancy. Not fussy, just extremely English in all the best possible ways 😊

You can also have terrace homes that are large - the rows of Victorian homes for example which have generally been turned into flats which all share walls too.
I’ve missed your posts! 😊

• Heart
I'm a hater today and that green The Row t-shirt is so not her colour and I DARE to check the price of it. Yiiiikezzzz

I'm a hater today and that green The Row t-shirt is so not her colour and I DARE to check the price of it. Yiiiikezzzz
£330. 330 POUNDS. 330!!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I have to say I'm quite excited to see the progression of her house renovation - feel like she's going to put a lot of detail into the vlogs, and the fact they are going to be doing a lot of planning/work themselves is refreshing compared to other YouTubers.

I have to say I'm quite excited to see the progression of her house renovation - feel like she's going to put a lot of detail into the vlogs, and the fact they are going to be doing a lot of planning/work themselves is refreshing compared to other YouTubers.
Considering Dean works as a builder it would be odd if they didn’t do it themselves. You can see in the stories so far they’re also using it to subtly promote his business.

Reactions: 9
I’m just pissed influencers can buy a house on a Monday and have the builders show up a week later. I need to get my stair bannisters replaced and no one is calling me back!!

Reactions: 10