Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will always be shocked to see how messy BB's home is. It's nasty. For someone who's whole aesthetic is 'clean, minimal, chic', to see her home is always such a tip is quite amusing.

Reactions: 6
"How do people who wear their hair slicked back do it with no flyaways" she asks, with perfectly slicked back hair. How much time she must spend over evaluating herself and others on social media

• Haha
Reactions: 12
"How do people who wear their hair slicked back do it with no flyaways" she asks, with perfectly slicked back hair. How much time she must spend over evaluating herself and others on social media
She looks really old and haggard in those stories
Also she has never heard of gel and fine toothed comb
But yes she overthinks everything 🤣

Reactions: 2
She looks really old and haggard in those stories
I actually think she's very naturally beautiful which makes her constant posturing about her appearance even more bizarre to me. She's not as low maintenance as she'd like us to perceive

Reactions: 12
She should grab that fine tooth comb she uses to go through everything else in life, and just drag it through her hair. Simple. 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I feel like she’s quite open about how particular she is? I mean we’ve seen her using a nuface in a campsite shower block 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I feel like she’s quite open about how particular she is? I mean we’ve seen her using a nuface in a campsite shower block 🤣
Genuinely believe this is one of the reasons her and Dean have been engaged without a wedding for so long! I don’t think BB would be able to handle the fact that, try as she might, she won’t be able to micromanage every aspect of a wedding day. No matter how detailed your plans, there are things you can’t foresee and I think she’d want it to be completely perfect. Even Lucy Williams has admitted to still stressing over bits and bobs and her wedding was almost a month ago..

Genuinely believe this is one of the reasons her and Dean have been engaged without a wedding for so long! I don’t think BB would be able to handle the fact that, try as she might, she won’t be able to micromanage every aspect of a wedding day. No matter how detailed your plans, there are things you can’t foresee and I think she’d want it to be completely perfect. Even Lucy Williams has admitted to still stressing over bits and bobs and her wedding was almost a month ago..
Just go to Norwich registry office and sign the paperwork, not every marriage/ civil partnership needs to start with a wedding full of flowers, dresses etc

Reactions: 6
Just go to Norwich registry office and sign the paperwork, not every marriage/ civil partnership needs to start with a wedding full of flowers, dresses etc
I mean as far as we know they might have done this, I’m just talking in terms of an actual fully fledged wedding ceremony.

ETA: and what influencer is going to turn down a #gifted wedding?! Free floristry, dresses, photography etc

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She should grab that fine tooth comb she uses to go through everything else in life, and just drag it through her hair. Simple. 😂 😂 😂
First and foremost: This is hilarious.

Secondly, I have never seen someone agonize over every minute action or decision. Even at the end when she discusses wanting to show more local Norwich establishments, she rambles away and laments over why she wasn't able to cover more and what not. I imagine every purchase is a struggle even down to loo roll and making sure she gets just the right brand to suit her personal aesthetic.

She seems to make a lot of excuses for the way she creates content and this makes me think that she's still very insecure in what she produces, likely because she compares it to other content creators. I wish she would be more secure, I think it would allow her to express herself more freely and I think we would all benefit from it with more interesting content.

I also wish she would stop colour-grading everything with olive and sepia tones, my goodness. Next thread title can be: Beige-tany Beige-gate.

Reactions: 8
I think you're right, she's hugely insecure (and I can hard relate tbf). I know this isn't a rave thread, but I find her content quite interesting and even soothing at times, because unlike 90% of content creators, she doesn't just talk about buying stuff (although she is guilty of countless almost identical items, and ridiculously expensive ones at that, but I think it's all related to the insecurity and feeling she's not good enough). She even admits it from time to time, and if you look back at her first few videos, she started YouTube because she was finding Instagram too overwhelming and was constantly comparing herself to everyone else. The agonising and over-thinking is all tied in with it, which is a shame, because - as you so rightly say - if she found a little self-belief, her creative expression would be set free (and she'd also have a much more peaceful mind).

Reactions: 5
Yeah but agonising over slicked back hair - come on. So what if there is a little bit of frizz.
I get people have OCD but I fear for her if she ever had to deal with a real life problem.

She just needs to loosen up a bit as she comes across a bit too neurotic.

Don’t get me wrong I prefer her content over most other influencers but this obsession over the smallest inconsequential stuff is a bit sad.

Reactions: 5
Yeah but agonising over slicked back hair - come on. So what if there is a little bit of frizz.
I get people have OCD but I fear for her if she ever had to deal with a real life problem.

She just needs to loosen up a bit as she comes across a bit too neurotic.

Don’t get me wrong I prefer her content over most other influencers but this obsession over the smallest inconsequential stuff is a bit sad.
OCD is a real life problem

Reactions: 13
OCD is a real life problem
Yes, and agonizing over slicked back hair does not equal OCD either. I find it’s misused a lot in a self deprecating way to mean anal or picky or neurotic but those qualities are not the symptoms and exist in many without OCD.

If you have to lock and rattle the door exactly 10 times and shrug your shoulders 3 times every time you leave the house that might be an example. It doesn’t have to be that extreme and manifestations vary greatlyAnd yes, people with OCD are often overly anxious about very specific things in their life and try to control them to feel more in control generally.

I think BB may very well have it but just I’d lean towards more of a more general anxiety that pervades everything. I feel for her.

Constant second guessing and waffling comes often from a parent or authority figure who was overbearing, negative and highly critical. Kids in this situation perpetually fear doing the wrong thing. They will apologize to a wall for bumping into it. This may or may not be the case with BB, just I believe she came by these foibles honestly and do not think she is being calculated with it even though, at times, it is annoying.

I wish she could see that ruminating about it endlessly causes her more anxiety and she gets sort of stuck. These blocks can often be seen as laziness. Amazing really that she’s been able to be as successful as she is. I get as annoyed by the materialism and “smoke and mirrors” as everyone else though.

Yes, and agonizing over slicked back hair does not equal OCD either. I find it’s misused a lot in a self deprecating way to mean anal or picky or neurotic but those qualities are not the symptoms and exist in many without OCD.

If you have to lock and rattle the door exactly 10 times and shrug your shoulders 3 times every time you leave the house that might be an example. It doesn’t have to be that extreme and manifestations vary greatlyAnd yes, people with OCD are often overly anxious about very specific things in their life and try to control them to feel more in control generally.

I think BB may very well have it but just I’d lean towards more of a more general anxiety that pervades everything. I feel for her.

Constant second guessing and waffling comes often from a parent or authority figure who was overbearing, negative and highly critical. Kids in this situation perpetually fear doing the wrong thing. They will apologize to a wall for bumping into it. This may or may not be the case with BB, just I believe she came by these foibles honestly and do not think she is being calculated with it even though, at times, it is annoying.

I wish she could see that ruminating about it endlessly causes her more anxiety and she gets sort of stuck. These blocks can often be seen as laziness. Amazing really that she’s been able to be as successful as she is. I get as annoyed by the materialism and “smoke and mirrors” as everyone else though.
I have pretty bad OCD so I know how bad it can get. Not implying she has it, was just correcting the person who seemed to think OCD isn’t serious.
Anyway, I’m not a doctor but Brittany definitely has anxiety at least.

I think the cryptic "can't tell you what's going on..." Is they are buying/building/or doing up a new house

Reactions: 4
OH GOD, video sponsored by Monica Vinader. Please no, Brittany. Don't go to the dark side ...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think she look great with long hair, but it made me wonder who she was copying now since I've never noticed her with long hair before 🤔