Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've heard that they're going to be TikTok-ifying Instagram too. Apparently they're changing the algorithm to be video-first, we will barely be shown static pictures and the post format will change from a square to vertical aspect ratio so that you swipe through in the same way as TikTok.

It's hard to see how influencers like BB will survive on that platform, given that this particular kind of oversized beige style looks way better better in pictures than in movement or reality
Ah, yes! That's a great point. The introduction of "reels" has allowed Instagram to compete against TikTok and I've noticed a lot more YouTubers mentioning filming for reels instead of YouTube content. BB even mentioned that in her vlog: prioritizing filming the brand trip for reels instead of YouTube content. There's also the introduction of "shorts" on YouTube as a way to compete but I've been seeing influences using that less and pivoting back to reels.

I didn't know about the aspect ratio change though, that's interesting. Seems as though Instagram is going to same way as YouTube and becoming a pain to use.

I don't think influences have enough content or substance to be able to create short clips. It's so much harder to produce shorter, higher-quality clips since it requires a very clear message. BB can't even talk about a blue jumper in less than a minute since she needs to agonize over the shade and the proportions.

BB's content, i.e., 30+ minute vlogs in sepia tones, just doesn't "fit" in the new model.

Reactions: 6
BB can't even talk about a blue jumper in less than a minute since she needs to agonize over the shade and the proportions.
This made me lol.

BB's content, i.e., 30+ minute vlogs in sepia tones, just doesn't "fit" in the new model.
I think she could do some pretty aesthetic short clips (tell me why I'm picturing a beige net curtain fluttering in the wind?) but I think she may struggle with the kind of content people are looking for on short-form video platforms. Fashion content does do well but I've noticed a lot of the TikTok fashion girlies end up with one or two viral videos and then fade into obscurity, or get one hit every couple of months or so. The content creators who do best are either charismatic, knowledgeable or funny. BB is none of those things.

Reactions: 5
For someone who says she doesn't go on Instagram much anymore or know how to interact with that platform (previous vlog, not those exact words but part of a bigger ramble I think) she sure finds the time to leave loaaaaads of comments on other people's posts and 'likes' just about everything.
I do wonder (because what she says sometimes feels directly at odds with how she actually is or what she does) whether if Rose Inc hadn't have rubbed her up the wrong way, she'd have gone along with what they wanted her to do and just taken the money like all the others did?
Saying she turned the comments off on her videos because she needed time to catch up etc, which happened to coincide with the timing of a collaboration with a major fast fashion brand... I want to believe her, but I don't think I do. She's been so outspoken previously about Zara and fast fashion in general - how is Mango any different? Because they've got a special "conscious" section? Bollocks.
She seems alot happier of late though and that's nice to see

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Also, approx total cost of outfits for the 9 minute "9 monochrome outfits..." video is currently at £6049.15 (including The Row Geri sandals at an extortionate £930). The only things I can't find a price for are the old Celine bag; the Maison La Collection white trousers and the Mango skirt.
All clothes except the loafers, Margaret Howell Birkenstocks, Arket belt and COS bag look to be new this year - AND she had plenty of black and white clothes in her wardrobe ALREADY, to have been able to give better examples of outfit combinations with than those she created for this video - especially if she's going to use the old "you don't have to go out and buy this exact one/all these looks can be recreated with similar items in your existing wardrobe" remark.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
The vintage Celine clasp bag usually sells at around £2.5K on preloved sites (I was looking at one last year). So that takes it up to £8.5 ...

Reactions: 2
I don’t believe her “I don’t sing and dance for the Instagram algorithm” either.

It’s just another humble brag - look I don’t even have to try. Remember her “it’s not like this is my job, I do this as a hobby” thing a while back

She certainly does do the whole playbook circle jerk of likes and comments.

It’s just that I’m not like the others thing, I’m above them constantly.

She’ll get how to do reels eventually because she’s a good mimic. She’ll wait for someone less followed to do it in a way she likes then rip them off.

That’s the BB way. It’s also the fast fashion way. There are parallels.

Reactions: 16
I sometimes wonder how she earns a living from this. I expect the Mango job paid well, but other than that, she doesn't really do lots of ADs or sponsored stuff. Admittedly, she is #kindlygifted loads of clothes and occasional makeup/skincare, but you can pay a mortgage with lip balms and Kassl coats ... weird.

Reactions: 3
I sometimes wonder how she earns a living from this. I expect the Mango job paid well, but other than that, she doesn't really do lots of ADs or sponsored stuff. Admittedly, she is #kindlygifted loads of clothes and occasional makeup/skincare, but you can pay a mortgage with lip balms and Kassl coats ... weird.
Not saying he earns gazillions or anything but (I’m assuming) she has Dean to contribute towards the mortgage as well which will obviously help. He’s incredibly talented and looks to be a good tradesman so I’m sure he can charge a pretty penny for his services.

I think that mango gig got her enough $$$ to not have to do any collabs for 5 months

Reactions: 1
Anyone with inside info care to share how much a gig like the Mango one would earn someone like BB?

Influencers earn a tit load. She’s probably making 200-300 grand per year plus a lot of gifted items.

I do wonder how she chooses between her items every day - like which identical white trousers or black chunky sandal shall I wear today? I have three pairs of black chunky sandal and I find that stressful enough! She’s probably got 20 or so!

Reactions: 7
F@&k me - 300 grand!
Right where’s my resignation letter, I’m wading in.
That is insane, as they are all just carbon copies of each other. So there is no USP
They’ve bored me off Instagram.
I come here for the good intelligent commentaries that helps me bypass the monotonous of the influencer gram.

QUOTE="boodles123, post: 10019045, member: 306174"]
Influencers earn a tit load. She’s probably making 200-300 grand per year plus a lot of gifted items.

I do wonder how she chooses between her items every day - like which identical white trousers or black chunky sandal shall I wear today? I have three pairs of black chunky sandal and I find that stressful enough! She’s probably got 20 or so!
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 8

no way she’s earning 300k and living in a 2up 2 down in norwich.. she would be able to afford a much bigger place on that kind of money.
She doesn’t seem to do much sponsered things at part from mango atm so she must be living off that (I would love know how much that job paid)

I guess Dean does pretty well too, I keep seeing him working in the city.. I’m guessing you can charge well for boujee coffee shop refurbs.

• Haha
no way she’s earning 300k and living in a 2up 2 down in norwich.. she would be able to afford a much bigger place on that kind of money.
She doesn’t seem to do much sponsered things at part from mango atm so she must be living off that (I would love know how much that job paid)

I guess Dean does pretty well too, I keep seeing him working in the city.. I’m guessing you can charge well for boujee coffee shop refurbs.
Didn't she buy an Edwardian house / apartment a little while back when her and Dean "split" temporarily? That was a wild ride lmao.

The amount of renovations on their terrace can't have been cheap either! I reckon they're only there because they're still doing it up to sell.

She rented the flat.
She will make a lot of money but I don’t think it’s more than 200k.
She has tax to pay on that.

Anyone with inside info care to share how much a gig like the Mango one would earn someone like BB?
I would estimate at least 50k

Based on how many days she must have spent with them filming, mango as a brand (they probably have a lot of budget) and BB’s following (though the doesn’t seem to have to promote the outcome much on her channels, but still, this could effect her daily rate)

Not saying he earns gazillions or anything but (I’m assuming) she has Dean to contribute towards the mortgage as well which will obviously help. He’s incredibly talented and looks to be a good tradesman so I’m sure he can charge a pretty penny for his services.
Also probably helps that they don't live somewhere as expensive

Based on how many days she must have spent with them filming, mango as a brand (they probably have a lot of budget) and BB’s following (though the doesn’t seem to have to promote the outcome much on her channels, but still, this could effect her daily rate)
Wow what a crazy fucked up life we love that this job would be around that much!!

Reactions: 1

It seems like she has a few more 'undercover' projects/spons not dissimilar to the Mango one. A couple months back I was getting Insta story ads for Aligne's 'Brittany Bathgate edit', which I don't remember her ever promoting?

Also probably helps that they don't live somewhere as expensive
As someone who lives in Norwich I wouldn't exactly call it inexpensive. The property market is getting ridiculous due to the number of people who have high-paying jobs in Cambridge or London and commute, or can work mostly remotely... Often they buy-up the terraces in the 'trendy' areas and do them up to rent or sell-on before they buy huge 6-beds in the coutryside. Lots of insanely rich London landlords have properties in Norwich too.

It's not reflected on housing websites because a city centre terrace that is advertised for, say, £220-250k often ends up going for nearly £300k due to these people offering way more than advertised, simply because they can afford it.

The growing influencer culture here can't be helping that either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6